CM_auto

Suggestions for Purchase of new car

Hi,

Presently I own a Tata Indigo GLX. It has been almost 6 ? years since I have purchased it and it has worked perfectly fine for me. I have not spent any money on it till now for any kind of repair on the vehicle since it did not give me any problems.

I am now looking for a new vehicle purchase.

I do not drive the car daily. Most of the time it is city driving. I would take the car outside Mumbai 2-3 times a year. I prefer the care with good Interior space, a boot (like Indigo) It has been very helpful on many occasions.

I would opt for a car with good running average. A car with the CNG option shall be a better option. However I am not aware of CNG in a mid size segment.

The budget is approx. Rs. 6 Lakhs. However I can adjust a little based on the deal that I get.

I would also like to sell my old car.

Thread moved.
BornFree2011-12-03 14:12:07

By GLX I guess, it is a petrol car right ? Or was it diesel?

With your driving amount, although a petrol car seems to be the ideal, but with increasing petrol prices, my intent is towards a diesel. If you have had no problem with Tata Motors before, I guess you can go for Tata Manza Aqua @6.36L or the Aura @6.81L. The car has good space and a big boot. Plus you get the economies of diesel.

Secondly, I would advice against a CNG car because of two reasons. One, is that you have a budget of 6L , with which you can buy a diesel or a very efficient petrol. Secondly CNG sedans have higher maintenance costs than petrol counter parts.

You mentioned about big boot. But you never mentioned whether your preference is a SEDAN or a HATCH. I will make a list of cars that you can TD according to fuel, type and big boot.

Petrol hatch

1. Honda Jazz

2. Ford Figo (but do not expect good FE)

3. Hyundai i20

4. Toyota Etios Liva (boot is average)

Diesel Hatch

1. Ford Figo

2. Nissan Micra diesel

Petrol Sedan

1. Swift Dzire vxi

2. Fiesta Classic 1.6

3. Toyota Etios G

4. Nissan Sunny XL

Diesel Sedan

1. Tata manza aqua/aura

2. Indigo ecs

3. Mahindra Verito D4

Well,the GLX means the top end petrol Indica.Right?

If the petrol hatch is what you want,then go for nothing else except a Honda Jazz and if you want a boot too,then you may go for a DZire considering your budget.

While in terms of diesel,you can try your hand on a new Swift or a Figo if you need a hatchback,else go and try either Indigo eCS or Manza base variant if you need a boot too.

In the Mid-Sized segment there are 2 two option for cars which come with company fitted CNG

Maruit Dzire

Chevy Aveo

The manza SuperSedan offer is on till end of November, u can get manza for as low as 5 lakhs ex-showroom.

Apart from this, Prices of petrol cars have fit rock-bottom, you can buy any second hand petrol car and convert it to CNG. A 2007 Civic would be available for ~ 6 lakhs and a 2006 CRV auto is available for 5 lakhs. Do look at second hand car market also, you can get a well maintained car.

For Factory Fitted CNG option: you have a choice from: Hyundai Accent, Chevy Aveo, TATA Indigo eCS (delear fitted), Mahindra Verito (I am not too sure for this)

for Diesel sedan: eCS, Swift Dzzire

in hatchback...there are plenty options available.
Sstar2011-11-29 11:34:37

Guys lets not forget a few things.

First, he wants a car with low running cost. Either a diesel or may be the most fuel efficient petrol sedans apply here.

Second, he wants a big boot. So, I guess swift is not the smartest option.

Third, although he has shown interest in CNG cars, none of the CNG sedans have good reputation in maintenance right? So CNG only if nothing else satisfies him.

Fourth, he has a budget of + - 6L. So I guess, the primary suggestion should not be a used car. Some used cars are good no doubt but for a person who has budget of 6L should opt for a new car only. Also SX4 CNG is way too much off his budget and SX4 does not have good FE.

@CM

You can expect a 2.5-2.75L for the used Indigo too. But try to sell it off as an individual and not through any exchange offer or to any Used car dealer.

sb-alto2011-11-29 13:08:51

Third' date=' although he has shown interest in CNG cars, none of the CNG sedans have good reputation in maintenance right? So CNG only if nothing else satisfies him.

[/quote']

Cars like Corolla, D-zire, Innova and Honda's are doing well on CNG. Infact Toyota's have gone a step forward and offer 3 years package on their CNG vehicals.

Apart from CNG, Diesel car @ 6 are limited unless you wanna go for the second hand market and a second hand diesel will have lots of KM on ODO

True for OEM cng ones, but for a budget of 6L ? That budget is an important factor as well. BTW for 6L he can get Manza, Verito, Indigo ecs and Dzire in diesel avatar. He mentioned about midsize segment as well.

Hello everyone, I want to buy a new car. First car for me. Mainly to driven in Mumbai Suburbs. I have shortlisted  Spark, Wagon R, i10 and also considering the Brio. I want a car with refined engine, good quality interiors with good fuel economy. Budget is not a constraint but in the current market scenario would like to get a Good Deal. I know there are discounts on all the above cars except Brio.  Pls advise.

If budget is not a constraint, then forget Spark/WagonR /i10. Check out Etios V, Swift and Jazz. If you feel that these out of your budget, settle for brio.

Search the forum for more on your queries. You will find dedicated threads.

Thank you all for your valuable suggestions.

First answers to your queries.

1) I had the highest petrol version of Indigo.

2) I want to purchase a sedan and not a hatch.

3) I would opt for CNG+Petrol option if it works ok and also fits my budget.

My second option shall be Petrol or diesel car

4) Based on the information provided by you all, I am planning to adjust the

budget upto Rs.7 Lakhs

5) I would prefer a new car

After reading the replies, I have few more questions

1) I understand that the major options are (correct me incase I missed something)

a) Manza

B) D'zire

c) Accent ( I do not see a lot of Accents these days so will put it as last option unless any1 suggests something better for it)

d) Etios ( I chked the features online, but it has lesser features than other cars. But need to explore it more) How is etios in quality ? I s it upto the Toyota standard ??

I am a bit hesitant to consider Chevy, Verito and Ford options. I am unaware of Nissan quality -- both product and service)

2) I would like to know that for CNG option whether the factory fitted option is good or whether the CNG option should be discarded in totality.

3) Incase some have dealer fitted CNG option, then should I consider it ?

4) @sb-alto --- you are right about all the requirements.

5) @sarabjeet -- November is over, but can you still let me know the details of the offer of Rs. 5 Lakhs for Manza ;; how and where and whom to contact ??

Once again Thank you to everyone for thier time and suggestions and information.

@CM

Talking about general technology, Tata Petrol cars are not the best petrol of the lot. Although you have had a trouble free experience with a tata petrol but tata petrols lack that punch, not the most efficient and engine spares are costly.

So from your conclusion, I can say that opt for Manza only if you go for diesel

Secondly, Etios is a good car and quality is good overall. Although it has some definite cost cutting measures, but the car is a value for money. It has a very efficient engine as well. Can be the most efficient petrol midsizer now. Test Drive it to know more.

Accent and Aveo are two cars with LPG or CNG option from factory. But both these car have mediocre performance and efficiency. Also I am not sure about the fitment of the tank. If it is embedded it is fine, otherwise you may end up sacrificing your boot.

Chevy has a good 3 years service. Nissan looks promising, but dealership and service centers are few. You might not face problems now, but I am not sure about long run and "service anywhere in India" situations. Ford Fiesta classic is a good car overall

If you are keen on Petrol+LPG only, then pick one with factory fitted setup only. Converting a new Petrol with CNG will have warranty issues. That is why I suggested Diesel. Diesel gives more economy than Petrol +LPG . But if dealer is ok with aftermarket kit, you can consider that car.

@ cm_auto

with a budget upto 7 Lakhs you can buy yourself Maruti D'zire CNG and SX4 CNG, ZXI version is available for 6.48 lakhs i guess with their discounts on, you can get CNG kit installed from Maruti.

call tata motors for the sceme

SX4 Green Vxi is 7.99L ex showroom Mumbai. At least that is what Website suggests. Do not know about any offers though.

There is no Dzire OEM CNG I guess. Again nothing mentioned in websites, not even in Mumbai.

@sarab:

Will it not void warranty if CNG is fitted immediately ?

@SB-Alto

Wagon R, Alto, D-zire and SX4 all are available with factory fitted CNG

Dealer does install kit in Swift Dzire as i have seen many Dzires (new) with CNG sticker on them, you have to contact your maruti dealer for more information.

link for Carwale with CNG varient  http://www.carwale.com/research/marutisuzuki-cars/sx4/?_kk=maruti%2520SX4%2520CNG&_kt=36491626-224e-4c5a-a302-147c453b3d39&ltsrc=3n229&gclid=CObhmsHs4KwCFcZ56wodemXjow   and warrenty isnt void, since it is maruti approved.

Link for discount on SX4  http://archive.autocarindia.com/autocar_forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9535

sarabjeet2011-12-01 12:23:27

The only car that come with a factory fitted kit in this price range is the Hyundai Accent Executive . Also if you really need boot space and good interior space then go in for the base Nissan Sunny and install a sequential CNG kit which will not cost more than 40k extra .