Sandy

Honda unveils 1.6 diesel engine

Finally, Honda Motor Company has managed to create a mid-size engine which would be able to power its cars ranging from the City to the Civic. The 1.6-liter engine (1596cc) was badly required by Honda for diesel happy markets such as Europe and India. Till now Honda had only one diesel engine, the 2.2 liter i-Dtec, but its large size doesn

Knowing Honda, "Even if they are late, they will be out with the latest" (quoting Thalaivar Rajini's dialogue). I think now Honda can silence all it's critic's in India, now that they have also learnt their lesson in pricing, I believe, they will also price it right.

Though the engine output sounds good, lets see how it performs when it comes out.

Knowing Honda' date=' "Even if they are late, they will be out with the latest" (quoting Thalaivar Rajini's dialogue). I think now Honda can silence all it's critic's in India, now that they have also learnt their lesson in pricing, I believe, they will also price it right.[/quote']

Honda and Toyota are on a downward spiral for a while like the Detroit Big 3 were.

I was back in the USA for vacation until a month back and had a chance to TD most of the sub-compact/compact/midsize vehicles as we were looking to replace my Camaro which my sister has been using.

The new Honda Civic is pretty lame . Only the Corolla could be lamer. Actually Honda /Toyota is trying to compete with each other in making the lamest car.

The Civic has the second lowest horsepower (140)(Though 1.4 T in Cruze has 138 hp, its a turbo and it produces the power at 1500-4500 rpm ,compared to 6300 rpm for Honda),the second poorest interior,It only has a 5-speed automatic while most competitors have 6 speeds.(The Corolla has a antiquated 4-speed while the Ford Focus has 6-speed DCT and Jetta has a DSG).It has the second lowest acceleration times(9.7 s from 0-60 mph) while the Focus does 8.7 and the Cruze does 9.3.The Civic's build quality and interiors lag the Focus ,Elantra and the Jetta while on par with the Cruze.The Focus and Elantra look stunning though looks are subjective.The Focus,Mazda 3 ,Jetta and the Cruze handle better than the Civic.The Elantra ,Jetta and Cruze are priced competitively and are better cars than the Civic though the Mazda 3 and Ford Focus can get pricey.

I was once a great fan of Honda/Toyota in the past because of the quality they put in their cars.That was the past and Honda /Toyota seem to dwell on the past. The Civic is a good car, yes, better than a Corolla.

ragav206932011-12-01 15:47:56

I think now Honda can silence all it's critic's in India' date=' now that they have also learnt their lesson in pricing, I believe, they will also price it right.[/quote']

Uff kya kehdiya ??

Pray Honda doesnt go back to playing their superiority card again and justify their high price smiley18.gif

Well,120 bhp and 300nm of torque..

The Civic petrol costs nearly equal to Cruze then what will be the price of the Civic diesel?

Damn,this car will directly fly bang into the Laura territory and we can rest assured that the car will be slightly overpriced too.

Although a 1.4-1.5 diesel can do wonders in the midsize sedan segment.

300Nm torque & 100g/km CO2 from 1.6 Diesel engine is Simply brilliant.

Honda must be having class leading refinement levels in this engine too like their 2.2 i-DTEC engine.

Clearly I see another Gem & Engine of the year in Honda bag.

Hope this time they don't blame Indian Diesel as an excuse for this engine.