ktoo

i 20 performance

Hi there I am sorry to say but you really cannot improve the performance of the AT in i20 . Its already a 100bhp engine but the thing that puts it down in the gearbox . Also the i20 AT is meant for relaxed driving than spirited one , the gearbox is meant for mainly urban environment .

@ktoo: You are probably the first person I have come across with an i20 1.4 petrol AT. Kindly give us an ownership review. It's bound to be sluggish due to power sapping 4 speed gear box it comes with, even though it has 100 bhp.

Guys, I have been driving automatics for a long time. In this case, it is not the transmission but the throttle which " after the first 1 inch of travel, stops responding for the next 3 inches of travel [no response at all] and then again.

The cable is taught, no play in the inner cable. I have driven a friend's automatic i20 which was purchased around the same time, same problem.

Other than that, its a lovely little luxurious car. Has everything that you want, more than what you can get in cars this size. Build quality superb, comfort, convenience, leg room, air con, music, you name it and you have it.

@Ktoo. I dont think you would want to alter something which was factory fitter in an AT car. Because once you do it...you are prone to damages on your pocket as well as to the car and its warranty

I think you have two options

@Katoo firstly the throttle in i20 is electronically controlled (drive by wire) also since your friend has the same performace problem then it might be the characteristic of that AT box . I really don't know much about AT boxes but I know that the i20 has a poor one .

This seems to be the part of characteristics of its AT Gearbox.

Try to rev/press the throttle, while the car standstill & Gearbox in N(=Neutral). If at that time its Throttle responds properly then there'll be a fault with its Gearbox & hence driveability.

Accelerator pedal/Throttle fault have different indications.

Normally automatic cars aren't for spirited driving. It is only in manual shifts you can revv the engine and turn it to your style. I do not know much about i20 auto but i have driven extensively my friend's i20 asta. The car isn't that peppy and it is normally suited for sedate driving only. rki20072012-01-08 11:16:32

Don't you love automatics?  If you push an automatic, you'll replace it in two years.  India has a lot of climatic conditions and the two that eat ATs are heat and humidity.  In India you don't have access to performance extenders for ATs so just baby it as much as you can. 

If it is abnormally sluggish then have the shop download the dynamic performance data with the P/T scanner and match the data with the AT hydraulic actuators pressures.  Good luck...AT's are a science.

I have received a very nice sound at the time of accelerating hard. At

stable speed plus minor acceleration it is about the same as with

unique set-up after changing my air filter. I made use of a K&N

(140x100mm) plus solid pipe along with flexible bends. The filter at

present ends where the previous box was and acquires a lot of cold air

from the frontage and underneath. My motivation to make a choice for

the cone K&N was that my attached instrument measured very high IAT

, (inlet air temp.) at standard exterior temperatures. It was not the

most excellent in terms of performance and was prone to pinking at low

revs/high loads. The latest set-up provided much more complimentary

rev. and improved gas mileage.

Hyundai is well and popular car manufactured and it is known for quality product. Hyundai i 20 performance and fuel efficiency is better than other car. It has so many features like luxurious interiors, safety features impressive.