dr_nishu

FIAT Caffe in India: Soon to be Inaugurated

Finally some good news from the Fiat. They really need to improve their sales in India.Does anyone have any idea if there are planning to have separate service centers for Fiat?

I believe its a waste of resources. They should concentrate on improving their product line and solving the ever existing service and quality issues. Also get as far away as possible from Tata.

@asethi919: Agree completely with you.

They probably first need have separate service centers with trained people working on Fiat Cars . Being a Fiat owner I am hoping that day will come soon

After being in India for almost 14 years they are now starting dealerships after winding down their own dealerships. I think Fiat has got it all wrong, but I salute their perseverance and commitment for the market, but have a feeling this isn't going to go very far. As such they have a huge inventory of cars lying around so the Linea production has been stopped. Johnny come lately's like Nissan are doing decent numbers whereas Fiat: maker of the "National Diesel Engine" is frothing to push cars; one word to sum up the whole thing:SAD. More appropriate to call it Fiat Gaffe than Fiat Caffe.

The times of India carried an article today stating that Fiat is going to end their JV with Tata. Please find more details in the link : http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/business/india-business/Fiat-to-end-dealership-JV-with-Tatas/articleshow/11358482.cms

This is good news as the new showrooms are going to handle sales, service and spares. Hopefully this means the service standard will improve.

The times of India carried an article today stating that Fiat is going to end their JV with Tata. Please find more details in the link : http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/business/india-business/Fiat-to-end-dealership-JV-with-Tatas/articleshow/11358482.cms

This is good news as the new showrooms are going to handle sales' date=' service and spares. Hopefully this means the service standard will improve.[/quote']

The day this happens Fiat will say Ciao to India. It's a 50% JV they have with Tata where for the tech Fiat gives; Tata shoulder's 50% of the losses on Fiat's behalf. As such selling a few hundreds to one thousand cars a month a "volume" automaker can survive a few months before the sales pick up not for ever. Durango Dude2012-01-04 07:41:09

@dd,

Fiat can live in India as long as MJD lose its sheen, which is not likely to happen in the near future.

If the JV breaks, every Tata car sold will pay a premium to Fiat.

If Fiat can make a CENTRALIZED ONLINE PARTS MANAGEMENT SYSTEM and a good AfSS, it can sell well.

The problem of Fiat prospects being converted to Tata won't happen anymore.

FIAT needs good management gurus to run their business in India. I dont know what will they achieve by opening up these caffe...when they can not make into the hearts of common Indian people to make them lean towards FIAT cars.

What is even more surprising is that in the last so many years, FIAT is not even able to find one good leader with some brains to direct their company. Or is it also that the same dumb bosses from Italy are running the show here with CEO's for namesake. Good cars, good engines, still a flop show. On the other hand TATA, poor cars, poor engines, still doing better.

AFAIK Indian market has never been open to outsiders .

Even today I know tons of ppl who say Tata and maruti make their own diesel engine.

Tata sells purely on emotions. They are minting money.

I feel fiat n eeds better marketing and more lineup of cars with good ASS to make an impact. With the linea I believe they have achieved that nut they need more of it.

My two cents on the low sales would be that people in India perceive Fiat vehicles to have high maintenance costs and return low mileage. This can be changed by offering free service packages similar to what General Motors offered.

I feel fiat n eeds better marketing and more lineup of cars with good ASS to make an impact.   

A bigger line up of cars would help as well.More small cars at different price points maybe.

Yeah if Fiat is really serious like "ford" is then need to make some noise and not bank on the history it has had with indian buyers.

If they know they have a good car then rest assured they should let the people know of it.

I mean when i bought my punto in '09 there were hardly any advertisements about it and I had not seen many press releases either .. My belief and knowledge about what FIAT is took me to its showroom that's all..

Just how long can Fiat sustain itself without a partner? Their service, if I am not wrong, was horrible, until the Tata JV. Even now, at best, it is inconsistent. They make wonderful cars, but weak business practices and service issues have hit them hard throughout their stay in India.

If they're not a capable volume-generating car company, they can stick to niche products like premium two-seater coupes.

ALl these cafes.. are good. for giving personnel touch to clients.

But FIAT first need to end its relation with TATA.

FIAT is not a cash dependent company. They have enough strenght to survive on their own. Renault ended up with mahindra. NOW they hit market again. Till a level they are succeded also.

Same way FIAT got good or best products in their respective category. Linea. still the best value for money care in its segment.

Only thing which keep customer away from buying it. is the level of service offered by tata.

Most of FIAT customers are self driven. who keep driving pleasure , style, dynamics on priority . TATA customers are commercial, TAXI, politicians.. who just need average, cheap to buy, most of the 90% driven by drivers.

What my point is TATA workshop people are not competent to deal with FIAT customers. & level of satisfaction they need.

I have my own personnel experience with these workshop. its very horrible. & by each service my Linea develops a new problem.

Please FIAT answer us. do we FIAT customers are not supposed to have peace of mind & satisfaction regarding service.

I haven't spotted a Fiat Caffe in Hyderabad as yet. Neither is there any news of it being in Chandigarh.

New Delhi gets the 1st one. But what about the other places? Fiat's Marketing Strategies are centuries behind what they should be today!

" Wake up FIAT wake up ". atleast someone make Mr. Rajeev Kapoor to read this forum.

I was planning to replace my sell my Linea & get Linea 2012, but now after selling my FIAT i just want to get away from this company. who never wants to rectify themself.

I haven't spotted a Fiat Caffe in Hyderabad as yet. Neither is there any news of it being in Chandigarh.

New Delhi gets the 1st one. But what about the other places? Fiat's Marketing Strategies are centuries behind what they should be today!

I guess New Delhi and Pune will be the first ones to open up. Hyderabad will take another 2 months or so. This will be followed by Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore.

Fiat plans to cover 45 places by 2014 and 67 by 2015.