Sign in to follow this  
esteem

New Pajero launched

I guess this is the Pajero sport previewed in the Autocar Magazine something back. I wonder whether they will replace the existing Pajero as there still seem to be a few buyers for it. Mitsubishi seem to have many SUV's in this price range- Outlander, Pajero and now Pajero Sport. Not sure if it makes sense although all of the cars are excellent performers.

How is the security/locking of this new Pajero? Hopefully it's a serious upgrade over that of the regular Pajero from the last few months. A few months ago, several Pajeros were invaded/stolen/jacked in Mumbai, and that prompted the Mumbai police to instruct HM-Mitsubishi to improve the security system of this vehicle. The company, though, said there's nothing wrong.

Autocar India:

Hindustan Motors has launched the Mitsubishi Pajero Sport SUV, priced at Rs 23.53 lakh, ex-showroom, Delhi.

The Pajero Sport comes with a 2.5-litre 16-valve intercooled turbocharged diesel heart producing 175bhp and 40.4kgm of torque. It comes with Mitsubishi

I think the prices announced are for the CBU's, which would be for the first few months. HM plans to assemble this and once that happens the pricing should reduce.

Edit: Just noticed this has already been mentioned.Flywheel2012-03-13 05:38:32

HM  to the market: See Fortuner is not available easily, it has waiting period of 2-4 months.. Why you should own Korean brand after spending so many bucks....Honda does not have diesel engine.... Other players are not that great...

So all in all,  if you want solid SUV, you should buy Pajero sport today by paying hefty prices.. Sorry Govt has levied 110.%..

And mind you, I will slash the price by 3.00L once we start assembling it here..All the best..