Sign in to follow this  
dr_nishu

Spied: Renault Duster on Chennai Roads

Coming in five variants. Pluse more spy shots in the below link

http://www.autocarindia.com/News/280940' date='scoop-five-variants-for-duster.aspx[/quote']

7 to 11 lakhs would mean its the first real competition for the Safari and Scorpio. Although this is a soft roader it looks like it has good road presence. Based on what has been said in the latest Autocar Magazine the under 10 lakhs SUV segment is going to get pretty crowded soon, I wonder how Mahindra and Tata are going to react.

Another Dacia with a Renault badge, like the Logan. Let's just hope this isn't overpriced, because such models should be available in a value-for-money segment, with actual Renault cars being priced at a premium. At a bargain price, this vehicle will sell well, but they'll still struggle to compete with M&M and Tata.

That's right the Duster is sold here by the Renault's low cost brand Dacia. But it sells very well : in 2011 it was the 5th best selling car in France. It's the cheapest SUV on the market and it's very reliable because it's very simple.

For me the interior is too basic and the seats uncomfortable (especially with leather). But the value for money is unbeatable and almost all the French Duster are 2WD diesel and very well equipped : aluminum wheels, full paint, A/C, cruise control, leather... The basic model costs 11'990

Even I saw the camouflaged Duster on the way to chennai along with a Renault Fluence by its side. I took a snap of the duster and it looked good, not very big like SUV's, but compact and good looking. It took off and sped past quickly.

For me the interior is too basic and the seats uncomfortable (especially with leather).

I read somewhere that Renault is looking to give the interiors an upgrade in India since it is not going to be the cheapest SUV here. Lets hope they come out with something nice.