Sign in to follow this  
Durango Dude

DC to make India's first Super Car.

I would not count DC out on design before hand . He makes some really nice designs and some really wacky (the i20 mod job was worst) . Also in India a good design sells .Just look at the Verna people who hate its handling also are buying it and I would too .

Lets hope that this is not a cut copy paste job but a good flowing design .

Dilip Chhabria is to design and execute India's first supercar. Here's the news coming from IAB: http://indianautosblog.com/2011/12/dc-design-sportscar-30-lakhs?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+IndianAutosBlog+%28Indian+Autos+blog%29[/quote]

Ah...another big foot forward by Indians. A big warm welcome should be given to this step.

I would love to see if DC will come with just not only a SC but a SC with intelligence - somthing like an environment friendly SC.

Kudos

I'm a bit disappointed. It's not that it isn't pretty but it smacks of a kit car or a copy. Pretty isn't everything. I think that what is most irritating is calling it a "super car" and comparing it to "real" super cars ie: Ferrari, Bugati, Lambo, Mac....etc.  As I read the review I choked when I got to the mechanical and performance.  Nissan, Honda and a slew of others will eat it for breakfast.  A 911 will suck it through the intake and spit it out the exhaust.  India is capable of so, so much more.  I suppose I should change my comment to disappointment with the Media for floating this crap in front a country (India) that has more high level engineers and savvy enthusiasts than any other country in the world.  They aren't going to be fooled.  If a super car is going to be built, then build a real super car.

Decent design, and I wouldn't really call it a copy outright. Let's not forget units like Saleen, SSC and Koenigsegg. Several supercars from these stables show their inspirations clearly. I feel a supercar manufacturer has to be a small boutique or studio and not a gargantuan assembly line-driven factory. The role model for these blokes should be these three manufacturers, and by a long shot, the big Italian names.

Let's just hope it's not a major auto manufacturer getting into the act.