Sign in to follow this  
creativebala

Bajaj ULCP- RE 60

Bajaj/ Renault/ Nissan is going to launch the ULCP aka RE60 today. Some of the salient features being,

1. A light weight yet robust monocoque Metal-polymer hybrid structure

2. Water cooled DTSi 4 valve engine with a closed loop fuel injection system for high performance and amazing fuel efficiency.

3. Minimizing frictional and transmission losses.

More about RE60

Low emissions

CO2 :: 60gms/km

Highest Mileage  

35 kmpl

Maximum Speed

70 kmph

Turning circle radius

3.5 meters

Overall length

2752 mm

Overall width

1312 mm

Overall height

1650 mm

Seating capacity

2+2 or 1+3

http://www.indiainfoline.com/Markets/News/Bajaj-Auto-unveils-new-four-wheeler-RE60/5324414172

creativebala2012-01-03 07:39:33

OMG no wonder Bajaj is dragging it's feet. It's one crappy looking bug that could get sucked into the air dam of a bus or an SUV. I think plastic toys you buy for Rs.10 will have better workmanship than this. Bajaj would do better to add four doors for it's RE Auto rickshaw than this. This nothing but a glorified lawn mower passing of as a car, even better, looks like a 'Fork Lift' sans the fork's.lol.

Suddenly Mahindra Gio looks fantastic to me.

Do you guys remember the way Bajaj criticized Nano at it's launch ?

If priced damn cheap with Cng variant, it can sell, otherwise....( words can't describe)

PS- Have I made a mistake by posting this article here? In my right sense, I would never call this a car or a quadricycle or even a toy. My remote toys have much better finesse.creativebala2012-01-03 18:10:57

Without any experience in designing cars, I could have done a better job than

this.  Every bit of it is designed like an autorickshaw.  Looks wise, even

autorickshaw is better and miles ahead of this wierd-looking vehicle

(I do not wish to call this a car). 

Bajaj should have spent some money at least on employing real automobile

designers and not just cheap labourers who are good at doing tinkering jobs.

Cost cutting should have started from the stage of inventory management to manufacturing to logistics to sales to service.  And, certianly not in the designing stage.  Have a look at the dashboard.  What are those two boxy

bins on the dash ?  A straight lift from autorickshaw.  How stupid.

The product looks dead cheap. 

And, too stupid to be called a car in these days of Eons, Brios and AltoK10s.

rameshbabu.n2012-01-04 05:04:07

This vehicle is actually an autorickshaw prototype. The Bajaj RE series is the current breed of autorickshaws running all over the country. They are a pain to travel in and experiences are far from satisfactory. If this is the next generation of autorickshaws, it's not such a bad thing at all

Unless, of course, you are one of those motorists who liken autorickshaws to pests.

I feel Carlos Ghosn may throw up the first time he set's his eyes on this Forkless Fork Lift. Imagine Renault Nissan being even remotely involved with a project like this. I think they should shelve this ULC project and start 'importing' golf carts.

I feel, TVS will follow suit soon by adding one more tyre to its king and design it better. Right now, most of the new autos in our area is King.

Btw, any news on the awesome looking quadricycle from piaggio.

PS- My sincere thanks to bajaj for making Nano appears as a complete car now.creativebala2012-01-04 08:09:28

PS- My sincere thanks to bajaj for making Nano appears as a complete car now.

Exactly' date=' even NANO is better looking and I bet better drivable car compare to this dubba.

"And if the Bajaj RE60 does not start, just tilt it and kick it. It might start..Hamara Bajaj"

HAHAHA...might be this is the reason why this is imitating a scooter design smiley2.gif

Is this even supposed to be a car? I read an article in the Times of India who say that this is a 'mass mobility solution' or some such thing, and several models have integrated auto meters. Maybe that should clear any doubt about whether Bajaj are really keen on passenger cars.

It may not be comparable to our much-loved hatches, but it's surely better than these autos, and it's a prototype for a next-gen auto.

Hey it's not THAT bad yaar. Looks very Peugeot-ish to me. It does have identical geometry to the Auto Rickshaw, but then if you do not compare it that way it's pretty fine. They even gave a rear hatch. It's just a prototype, they can always improve on quality. Green & black looks better and I think they borrowed from Nano a lot, especially the centre console. Even if it is priced at par with the Nano, it will sell. It won't sell well as a modern Auto Rickshaw though as existing Auto drivers would have to enroll into training schools for this.

Good thing is that they're not bringing a Chinese car & transferring half the profits to China. This is a commendable effort & if an experienced company like Mahindra can bring out an ugly vehicle like Gio, Bajaj might well be pardoned. By the way, Gio still looks the worst.

RE60's front looks promising in green & black. They should rework on the bumpers a little.

khatbhej2012-01-30 16:29:22