Sign in to follow this  
Aakash77

DAY TIME RUNNING LIGHT

Hi friends,

Day time running light is not working on my BMW 325i, 2009 model from day one. Even the workshop guys are not able to solve this problem. They have updated the softwear also, but they problem is still there.

Please advise.

Aakash

Aakash,

If the software update didnt solve the problem, its 99% a hardware problem. You should get the hardware - wire connections checked and also get the lights checked whether they are in a working condition or not. Your BMW being a 2009 model might still be in warranty. Eat their head off to get the issue resolved. The day time running light needs to be ON. It adds to the look of your car.

Hmmm! I didn't know that the 3 series had DRL's . Anyways is it the corona rings BTW ?

Get BMW to replace the headlight if it is under warrenty also since you have a 325i then the headlamp will be having dual projector setup which is very expensive if it needs replacement from your pocket.

Hi Rssh,

As i mentioned in last post, all system and part in fine. I think there must be some softwear issue only. I have requested them to install the latest softewar. But i guess they might charge for that.

Aakash, it all comes down to one line. Is your car still in warranty ?

If yes, then you have all the right in the world to go to BMW Dealership anywhere in the country and get it corrected free of charge. In your first post, you said that the workshop guys had updated the software also but still its not working. Go and eat their head man! If I were in your place, I would have razed their scalps! Not telling you to be aggressive, but be assertive. You have spent a fortune of money on your car and are not satisfied. Its your full right to go and get the money's worth!

Day time running light is not working on my BMW 325i' date=' 2009 model from day one.

[/quote']

Why did you not settle the matter when the car was in warranty. If the problem was there from day one, you should not have taken delivery of the car after PDI.

And yes, I guess by DRL you mean corona rings !