Sign in to follow this  
dr_nishu

Autocar India Awards 2012

Quiet frankly I didn't think that the new Swift was going to win the award I thought that the XUV500 really deserved the award because it has created a stir in the market like no other model .

XUV500 really deserved the award because it has created a stir in the market like no other model .

True XUV5oo has created quite a stir in the market but if recent ownership reviews are to be belived, a lot of niggling problems are appearing in the vehicle. Seems either Mahindra launched it in a hurry or this is the limit of their engineering prowess!

Car of the year cannot be a vehicle that's half baked, you need a closest to perfect engineering attempt.

I agree with BornFree, i have also read/heard about some initial niggling problems being reported in XUV 5oo.

Still considering it's pricing, it's by far the best launch of 2011

However, M&M should have kept things simple. For example there are so many status/warning lights on console that customers don't even recollect which light means what. Even half of such electronic things start giving problems then it's going to be nightmare.

Swift once again winning the COTY award might add to the wounds of MSIL. At present they are fighting over labour issues and production deficiency, next the desirable car becoming an award winner is adding more pressure of quicker delivery expectations and more bookings.

Even I thought that the XUV5OO should have got it. Talk about small niggles and it is quite common with new car these days. As if you got to have problems and then cars will be recalled to get it fixed. Swift had everything fine except that small boot.

Moreover I did not get these things very clear :

Compact car of the year : Swift

Best Compact car of the year : Swift

Best Saloon car of the year : Skoda Rapid

Saloon of the year : Skoda rapid

Also sub compact car of the year is Brio, which is a swift competitor on paper

whereas no Eon. XUV5OO winning so many other awards yet not given COTY which is generally the trend.

Compact car of the year : Swift
Best Compact car of the year : Swift

Best Saloon car of the year : Skoda Rapid
Saloon of the year : Skoda rapid

Why these duplicity in awards too? doesn;t it mean that a car which is said to be "Compact car of the year" is also the best one? If so then why two category?

And same as with sedans category?