Sign in to follow this  
Flywheel

Fiat inks pact with Suzuki for MJD Engines.

Its better to cut losses by becoming a supplier than a manufacturer . The Fiat plant produces only about 2k units of linea and punto combined which is well below the manufacturing capacity and this deal with maruti will give Fiat full capacity to manufacturer new engines and reduce the investment cost .

Its better to cut losses by becoming a supplier than a manufacturer . The Fiat plant produces only about 2k units of linea and punto combined which is well below the manufacturing capacity and this deal with maruti will give Fiat full capacity to manufacturer new engines and reduce the investment cost .

I think then FIAT better start calling themselves as supplier not manufacturer.

This is not good for making their own space in the market. But financial term wise - at least this will give them some money?

Btw...is FIAT financial state so weak? it looks to me yes, that is why their focus is to just earn money by selling gem like engines and not considering making their own repport.

FIAT should open a super market chain of their engines..

1.3, 1.6, 1.9, & latest multijet II 2.0 for Freemont, their new MultiAir engines.

I wish their cars also succeed in market, which they deserve really.

I some time really wonders, what always goes wrong with FIAT

when Uno was launched they had over whelming response from market. but it failed as time pases. It was nothing wrong with the product. Uno was tried n tested car internationally.

then they launched Palio. Palio got waiting period at the tome of initial bopoking. but slowely customers drive away.

Now Linea & punto.

they got best Engine, Other companies who are using same engine have waiting period of 3 -6 months.

They have got pretty good features list in respective category

No one can argue about the looks of Linea & punto.

Driving dynamics are very well sorted out.

Cost also very competitive.

But still they not able to sell product. really don't understand. A million billion dollar company with more than 100 years of history. But still they don't have right brains for India to make this global successful brand, successful in India

A million billion dollar company with more than 100 years of history. But still they don't have right brains for India to make this global successful brand' date=' successful in India[/quote']

This is hard for me to understand too. But irony is this.

:(