Sign in to follow this  
BonFre

Changes for 2012 models

Which all cars have undergone changes in the name of 2011 models & what are the changes/upgrades?

Im specifically keen about:

Fiat Punto(I know a thread already exists)

Toyota Liva

Toyota Innova

Nissan Micra

Info. on other cars/models is also welcome..

Ritz will get some changes probably with addition of more features now that there is a bigger price difference between itself and Swift. After Ertiga launch, I expect Maruti to put focus on their Alto replacement and SX4 facelift which is losing out heavily. SX4 will come with 1.4 K series petrol engine too.

Right now SX4 falls in no mans land. It does not have the aggressive face of Verna and Fiest nor the elegant one of Rapid and Vento, nor a modern one of City. Also with City's super aggressive pricing it will lose out on its petrol buyers too.

The facelifted SX4 looks OK, espescially the rear, but nothing ground breaking. It will have to look more aggressive than that, perhaps a little like the SUV concept they displayed at the Expo.  They will take away some sedan buyers to a different shape with Ertiga though, so they have someone fighting ther battle indirectly atleast.

There's Linea to this line-up as well. Although it does not look any different, they have managed to add a few features and raise its stance a little.

I agree with the SX4 discussion here. Doesn't have much of a punch left in it. Its diesel plant goes way into the 9 lacs category making it expensive option to buy. There was a sudden rush of cars in that segment and the SX4 just couldn't keep up with the competition. Even the facelift's not all that groundbreaking.

Would expect an all-new SX4 like a Swift to come out soon. A revamped design could probably give it a new lease of life.

@AMG1:

I checked both os these links and to me - rear looks moer closure to vento or Rapid category.

If this would be Indian version then I would say it will not add to the sales chart for MSIL here.