Sign in to follow this  
Rapper72

Royal Enfield?? What is this??

I had never seen anything like this before.

Its cool though!! smiley4.gif

Here are some pics.

DSC03947.jpg

DSC03944.jpg

DSC03926.jpg

DSC03925.jpg

Its like a cycle rickshaw or you can say bike pick up!

Has different Fuel tank. Has different gearbox. Has a reverse gear. Has a gear knob like a car.

What is it?

I've detailed pictures of every part, I'll post if anyone wants to see engine etc..... :)

@creativebala

No, I didn't see a CG logo but the engine is of greaves. Its RE on gearbox and speedo. And its not diesel, its pure rockel. The fuel tank doesn't even have a locked fuel cap.

The fuel tank doesn't even have a locked fuel cap.

These would most probably run on adulterated fuel consisting of kerosene, so no one would steal it. I think the Govt. should halt/discourage development of such contraptions, aren't auto rickshaw's enough menace? There have been enough accidents in Chennai with these 'fish' carts moving around at breakneck speeds and I think they have no insurance and registration as well; making them "above the law". I'd take the first four letters from Bullet and call it nothing but 'Bull' sh*t.

I can related this pics with "Once a famous Transport medium" around Old Delhi. ..... "Four Seater" which used to have only three wheels

It used to have 4 Big seats, 2 on left, 2 on right and 8 people can comfortably sit in. These vehicle were having front wheel, engine and gearbox from some British era motorcyle and a cart on top of which the seating arrangements were used to be done.

Are we looking at similar thing by RE ???smiley24.gif
Sstar2012-01-24 16:09:39

RE shouldn't come up with something like that.

This vehicle is only good for Leh Ladakh like trips where you dump everything behind and get set go...

They can use other 4wheeled vehicles but RE enthusiasts will go on this.

RE shouldn't come up with something like that.
This vehicle is only good for Leh Ladakh like trips where you dump everything behind and get set go...
They can use other 4wheeled vehicles but RE enthusiasts will go on this.

exactly....moreover it will damage the image of RE as well which they have created so well

First of all, these may not be REs at all. These are in all probability manufactured by local companies (cottage type). Since these things are growing popular in the remote rural places, govt is trying to make these licensed and road worthy. Previously these were assembled by stealing all kinds of bikes including RE. So to control the theft and yet winning rural votes, these might be legalized soon. Thus the ARAI test. Yet to know whether they meet any BS or safety standards, but I hope some restrictions on type of fuel and polluting factor and basic safety shall be considered in the test

Notice :

1. Disc brakes and drum brakes ( previous ones used to have belt like stopping grips)

2. Catcon -- just look at the exhaust

3. Indicators and lights

Moreover I do not think that this is by any means a RE. Just imagine the prices if RE manufactured these.

I found this on Web. (Click me):)

First of all, these may not be REs at all. These are in all probability manufactured by local companies (cottage type)

Can be. But check this photo of Speedo:

DSC04028.jpg

Silencer like any bullet but extended:

DSC03953.jpg

The Greaves Plate:

DSC03951.jpg

DSC04035.jpg

This plate was on Cart:

DSC03949.jpg

The gear box:

DSC03927.jpg

The Gear Knob:

DSC04026.jpg

Can it be possible that a small town firm is looking to produce a village commuter sort of a vehicle with old RE gearbox, Greaves engine, put together to give an economical way of mass transit for the area where actually no public transport exists?

These actually run havoc these days, even where public transport exists. I have seen these sharing roads with Mercs. If manufactured locally and approved, this can well become the next big thing. 

What Rapper72 has now obeserved is precisely correct. It is made by Shakti Auto Garage in Jamnagar. I remember when I visited that entire belt, a saw a lot these with the Greaves engine and the gearbox from enfield. I think they are called "Khacchar" or something like that locally.... I can say this for sure that RE will never bring this in the market.

However RE is trying to develop a diesel bullet just like the Taurus.

Did RE just dig up some ancient relic from their chennai factory and ship it to Gujrat?

The entire handle bar and shock absorber assembly is rusted.

The same greaves engine was on those diesel enfields way back in the early 90's. Whatever this monstrocity is.. it'l end up in Koyambedu area of Chennai sooner or later.