Sign in to follow this  
arjunpkini

WAGON R VXI your advise please

hello friends

I need your advise and thanks in advance.

I have decided to buy Wagon R VXI - i just wanted to know your thoughts .

Well this fits in my budget .  good discount and no need to paying extra - it has power windows - power steering - etc which in other cars i need to pay extra

it comes with NIppon player and speakers - whats ur opinion on this

Please let me know your thoughts on Wagon R  as i plan to buy this wednesday.

Post Edited, Thread Moved.
BornFree2012-01-30 09:46:35

WagonR is an absolute value for money car. No worries are associated with this buy. VXI is the highest variant and hence all the features are there.

WagonR vxi comes with in dash CD player. You should not or rather need not change the CD unit at all. If you want you can swap speakers for a two pairs of JBL if you wish. Nippon speakers are not the best but keep the built in CD player.

If you want to consider any other car, Hyundai i10 1.1 magna is the next best option.

yeah I agree with sb-alto, if you need better sound quality then stock speaker should only be the one you should replace. otherwise replacing in dash player will cost you more and also sabotage the look of the interior as well

Hi, overall fit and finish of Wagon-r is very poor, the engine is very f.e. but it has lot of vibrations too. The insulation is very poor and hence lot of noise pip in to the cabin. Though it is best VFM car in the segment. If you are fine with all this, you should go ahead with it. If you can spend some more bucks to get better finished car, you must look at I-10 1.1 Magna. It has, not only better fit and finish, but better space too. The 1.1ltr engine (from Santro) is proven and very peppy engine. However, the F.E. is bit lower compared to Wagon-r, say 1-2 km/l. Now you decide, what you want in your car. All the best.

completely disagree with nikvint here.. have you got a chance to check out the new wagon-r? Its leaps ahead from its previous model. A lot has gone into providing a better fit and finish. I have a new one and an old one in my family and trust me, the fit and finish on the new one is way better than even a Santro.

Also, the K series motor is way better than the 1.1 from the Santro. We have been using the new Wagon-R since the last 1.5 yrs now and there is not even a hint of vibration, panel rattle. Even the engine comes with a new chain-drive technology which minimizes a lot of engine noise.

i10 on the other hand will not provide all the features from the Wagon-R if you go for the base 1.1 irde Magna model. You will have to go for the Sports version of the i10 with the 1.2 kappa motor for all the stuff you would find on the Wagon-R.

The Wagon-R is really a very good car in all aspects in that segment. Arjun, you won't regret this decision.

@rki2007.. I agree with you. Wagon R returns a decent 16+ kmpl in city and 18+ on highways. But it also depends on your driving habits. My swift returns 16+ (80-20 city-highway) with the AC on. Its a 2008 model - G13B.

The i10's interiors make it more desirable but its again on the pricier side. We had got the Wagon R for about 4.36 lacs (VXi non ABS) on road.

That makes it quite cheaper than the i10 sports model with the almost same features.

WagonR is more fuel efficient than the i20 kappa2 varient and gives better economy in city cycles . The alternative you can consider are the Beat and spark which are both quality product and have proven themselves .