goenkakushal

New Dzire LDi Booked.. Immediate delivery :D

Hello Friends,

I just booked my new Swift Dzire Ldi.

I was very much confused about my new vehicle. First I wanted to buy Swift Vdi then After having look at the New Dzire I wanted to buy Dzire VDi but ended up buying Dzire LDi as that was available to me immediately viz a viz Vdi which had waiting for 3-4months , also considering the excise duty hike in the upcoming budget I didnt want to take the risk of waiting 3-4months and later pay more if excise duty is increased.

Big thanx to all members who helped me decide.

I have some more concerns for which am sure ACI members can assist me

1) What are the features that are missing in the Ldi as against Vdi . Few I have already spotted like Pw, fog lamp, stereo, body coloured handles and mirrors, turn indicators on mirror, arm rest, wooden trims, tachometer, chrome handles, central and remote locking.

Which of the above features you think can be accommodated in the LDi.

2) If i wish to Upgrade to Alloy wheels with wider tyres, how much should I be ready to shell out for a set of Four and for how much can i expect to sell the OEM tyre and rim(also suggest who would be the best person to buy this)?? Kindly Suggest which alloy and tyre to go for considering I will stick to tyre size of the ZDI .goenkakushal2012-02-03 17:39:04

Congrats Goenka, this is the first new Dzire on ACI-Board.

Regarding features, IMO Power windows, Fog's, Stereo, Central locking are helpful. Don't know how an aftermarket Tacho. is fitted & how does it work!

Enjoy your new ride...

Pw' date=' fog lamp, stereo, body coloured handles and mirrors, turn indicators on mirror, arm rest, wooden trims,  chrome handles, .[/quote']

All these are useless IMHO.

1. I guess you can go for MGA central locking to avoid warranty issue now.

2. Tachometer fitment will sure void warranty, and since it is an issue with ECU, do not bother doing it now. At most you can request Maruti to give you the V/Z console with tacho. That should be a better way to settle matters without screwing warranty

3. Aftermarket P/W create lot of issues, even if MGA.

4. Stock fog lamps of new Swift/Dzire is useless, headlamp is good enough. If you think light is inadequate switch to Xtreme Vision or ONBP bulbs.

2)

If i wish to Upgrade to Alloy wheels with wider tyres' date=' how much should I

be ready to shell out for a set of Four and for how much can i expect

to sell the OEM tyre and rim(also suggest who would be the best person

to buy this)?? Kindly Suggest which alloy and tyre to go for considering

I will stick to tyre size of the ZDI .[/quote']

Again best way is to get the Z spec tyres and alloys from Maruti itself. If prices are not reasonable then you can go aftermarket. But I suggest keep tyres and wheels till warranty runs out. Unless you find stock tyres rubbish, keep them.

And do take a TD asap. TD can make you fall in love more or make your eyes open to issues which you might regret afterwards. I suggest delay the delivery for a day or two, just to get a TD.

Good luck.

sb-alto2012-02-04 06:39:14

1.No it does not void warranty, but some dealers and service centers create issues over stupid things. Do question them on these issues.

2. Yes Suspension is covered under warranty. Also do go for extended warranty. Might come handy in future.

I thought that the L models weren't available in the 2nd gen DZire and were only available in the 1st gen trim level . Anyways you can get a 15" alloys and tyres for 30k and the resale of oe tyres will be about 10k for 4 . The LXi doesn't have power window which will can be fit aftermaret.

Also maruti doesn't void warrenty on wide tyres so you can go for them aftermarket .

1) What are the features that are missing in the Ldi as against Vdi . Few I have already spotted like Pw' date=' fog lamp, stereo, body coloured handles and mirrors, turn indicators on mirror, arm rest, wooden trims, tachometer, chrome handles, central and remote locking.

Which of the above features you think can be accommodated in the LDi.

[/quote']

You can opt for OEM/MGA Front Power Windows, Remote Central locking, front fog lamps & Body coloured ORVMs &

Door Handles later on.

Other features difference includes Electric Adjustable ORVMs, Rear fog lamp, Wheel covers, Fabric lined Door trims, Music System in VDi, Rear Seat Headrests & Silver-lined Steering Wheel.

If you haven't bought the car yet, I'd strictly advice you to go for Dzire VDi, as its having plenty of features & looks Trendy too & price difference isn't much either.

'Its better is too Wait for the better than getting Impulsive now'.

No doubt some features can be installed later on in LDi, but you'll definitely miss the seamless finishing of Original fitting as in VDi/ZDi variants.

2) If i wish to Upgrade to Alloy wheels with wider tyres' date=' how much should I be ready to shell out for a set of Four and for how much can i expect to sell the OEM tyre and rim(also suggest who would be the best person to buy this)?? Kindly Suggest which alloy and tyre to go for considering I will stick to tyre size of the ZDI .[/quote']

Go for Genuine Alloys from MGA, if you want to keep the warranty Intact & these are Genuine atleast.

Regarding Tyres, Go for Yokohama/Michelin tyres(ZDi spec) if you Drive on smooth roads mostly else go for Bridgestone tyres if you're having Multiple type of road usage.

I visited a tyre shop

today to find out the cost of tyre as well as alloy.

Rs15000/- approx for set of 4 wheels of 15" (Company he did not specify just said all tiwan companies, I really dono which are good companies in alloy except for Lenso& BBS. He said there is 2 year warranty but as per my knowledge alloys sold here are from grey market )

Rs5000/- for each tyre 196/60 R15 (Please guide which brand is good and VFM, I checked online price for Apollo it was around Rs3700/-  is this correct price because the difference is price is considerable and is tempting at this price )

He offered me Rs2500/- for each of my OEM tyre 165/80 R14 on my LDI

This would mean an expense of 15000 + (5000*4)-(2500*4)

=alloy and trye set of four Rs 35,000/- LESS 4 OEM tyre Rs10,000/- = Rs25000/-

Although I wish to upgrade my tyre and alloy but don

Congrats Goenka Kushal' date=' I'd first suggest a wider set of tyres and also there have been some apprehensions about mediocre brakes on LDI/LXI and VDI/VXI. Keep that in mind and check it out.[/quote']

Do you mean the brakes are weak or the tyre grip is insufficient due to lower spec? 

Do you mean the brakes are weak or the tyre grip is insufficient due to lower spec? 

There is an issue with the brakes being weak.

Rs5000/ tyre is on a higher side, unless you specify what tyres. Per tyre cost should not be more than 3-3.5k. Also do not go for sports tyres. They look good but wears away super quick, pricey to buy and pricey to run.

IIRC Apollo wheelz has momocross alloys in the range of 14-15k for a set of four. Check the apollo india website for alloys. They are of very good quality and comes with warranty. For imports you can stick to HR, Lenso, Plati, League and X2 alloys.

The best way to shop for alloys and tyres is to search the city out by bargaining with each and every dealer possible. Do not settle just by visiting one dealer. Moreover do note down the model of tyre and manufacturer of alloy each time you visit. Take your time for tyres and wheels.

@kushal

Just a reminder : When you are posting within a short period of time, in the above case of 8 mins gap, try to use the edit button to edit your post, rather than creating another post.

sb-alto2012-02-05 18:03:54

@sb-alto Thanx for the advice shall follow it next time.

Well if the tyre cost is 3-3.5 k instead of 5k it will be great because the total cost after selling the OEM tyre will be 18k only which sound good VFM

Is the 2.5K for OEM tyre good?

I was speaking to a Apollo Dealer he quoted the following

195/60/15 4.5k

195/55/15 3.8k

185/65/15 3.8k

He advised to go for 195/55/15 and also said he has Alloys with him which were previously used in a swift and he can offer me the same.

Is it advisable to go for used alloys? If yes how do I know it has no problems like cracks or anything else

Yes go for the second option for the tyres as they will be perfect for your car .

As for alloys I would request you to see various design in 15" and 100 PCD and choose amongst Lenso , Apollo ,Aura or Neo alloys wheels .

The buy back price for the tyres is fair.

@ rssh I calculated the following online www.1010tires.com

and looks like the difference is 3.9 % for 195/55R15 when compared to stock 165/80 R14

Tire 1 - 185/65R15

Tire 2 - 195/60R15     

Tire 3 - 195/55R15

Diameter Difference: 0.29%     

Diameter Difference: 0.74%     

Diameter Difference: 3.9%

Overall Diameter:     24.46 in     621.28 mm

Overall Diameter:     24.21 in     614.93 mm

Overall Diameter:     23.44 in     595.37 mm

Comparing the V and Z varient tyres in the Dzire the Z varient have 0.10 inch more diameter than the V varient so the ideal replacement for the V varient is 185/60R15 but this size is not available by many companies .

Go for the 195/60R15 if you want minimum odo error but do check if the tyre scraps the inner sidewall or the else wheel arcs on full load . The 195/55R15 being an overall smaller tyre will not have such issues . 5% size difference doesn't make much difference as the callibration of the speedo has 5-10% error in many vehicles.

btw...I was reading this thread and out of curiosity I wanted to put this question in-front as we are discussing many modifications here.

What would be the cost of only front Power windows for M800?

smiley5.gif
Sstar2012-02-06 18:09:07

@Sstar

Question is whether the thin door will be able to house the PW motors. BTW PW are available at cheaper prices too. I guess what Kushal stated is MGA price.

@Kushal

The ideal size would be 185/70 R14 and Bridgestone has Turanza ER60 and Potenza GIII (the later is a sports tyre). Upsizing to 195 would not be of much trouble but I suggest stick to ZDi spec.

Try not to go for used alloys. Either buy new, else stick to stock rims.

Michelin has XM1+ energy for Zdi size. That is also a very good tyre.

@sb-alto

as the company used to provide 185/70 R 14 in old Z variants it is definitely   a perfect fit but I wanted to upgrade to R15 .

Can some one help me with price of 185/65 R15 tyre? Yoko or Goodyear or Apollo. Shops have told me prices ranging from 3800 to 4800, Hence am unable to understand whats the actual price.goenkakushal2012-02-07 05:34:56