goenkakushal

New Dzire LDi Booked.. Immediate delivery :D

Ok, I was unaware about this upgrade. Thanks for notifying.

BTW there is nothing called actual price, prices of same tyres vary from dealer to dealer and buy from one who provides warranty and quotes the least price. Difference in prices is huge, so shop around.

Goodyear had a lot of complaints before, I do not know whether things have improved with their new lineup of tyres. Apollo has less choice when it comes to rubber quality and size.

Yoko, Bridgestone, Michelin and Continental are also good brands and reliable.

Apollo Acelere is not the most advisable tyre because of noise and less grip. They look good though.

Rubber can be hard, soft, silica based or slickssmiley4.gif. Apollo has less options as compared to Bridgestone, Michelin and Yoko

Thanx SB-alto .. but I think at the price point am looking at or rather the type of tyre am looking at are regular ones and not any high performance or racing type.

So out of hard, soft, silica based or slicks which one is for the 'Aam Janta' ?

price of Michelin seems to be highest. 195/60 R 15

Yoko A drive cost 4850 and Bridgestone RE 88 4900

Which one is a better choice? and what are the pros and cons of each?goenkakushal2012-02-07 11:26:44

If you are not the "racer boy" kind, then stick to normal tyres or the bit soft ones(not the racing ones). You can also go for the silica based tyres (also called the eco friendly green tyres), like MRF ZSLK, michelin xm1+ energy and like. These have lower rolling resistance thus boosting FE.

Bridgestone RE 88 (potenza) review can be best provided by Mod BornFree. His corolla had that as standard IIRC. PM him for a knowhow. Yoko A drives are good option. Still I believe that 4.8-5k / tyre is on a higher side. Do check other shops, I feel that you can save almost 600-700 per tyre.

All I am saying is that the speedo error is already 5% when you compare it with the GPS readings . Go for the Apollos in 195/60R15 specs as it is VFM but if you want more grippy tyre then the Yoko and Michelin are the one to be had . Why not try out some all white or black 15" HR alloys with 8-10 spokes ? 

All I am saying is that the speedo error is already 5% when you compare it with the GPS readings . Go for the Apollos in 195/60R15 specs as it is VFM but if you want more grippy tyre then the Yoko and Michelin are the one to be had . Why not try out some all white or black 15" HR alloys with 8-10 spokes ??

yes thats true speedo error are there, but i think there are many other factors also which we need to consider when upsizing .

All white I may not want to go for as they may get dirty very quickly and my car washer is pathetic. I was thinking of going for Black or machined alloys

I saw a used Alloy with a Tyre dealer who is known to my friend. He did not quote any price but approx 10k for set of four he will charge may be he will negotiate and give it for 9k the alloy seem to be fine but needed some cleaning. He was genuine enough to say it is from a Chinese manufacturer but good quality.

Is it worth at this price?

Well,just check out if there are any abrasions or if the outer finish is quite spoilt,rest everything is okay.

About the Chinese thing,buddy today most of the things are Chinese.So being true,its no issue at all.

I saw a used Alloy with a Tyre dealer who is known to my friend. He did not quote any price but approx 10k for set of four he will charge may be he will negotiate and give it for 9k the alloy seem to be fine but needed some cleaning. He was genuine enough to say it is from a Chinese manufacturer but good quality.

Is it worth at this price?

kushal

I would still advice to stay away, and is not worth the risk. See, if the alloys run ok, you win, but if there is any issue then replacing it would be around 9k(old)+ 15k = 24k. But with a new set of wheels you spend 15k and get a warranty, and with any issue you get free replacement.

Which brand is this chinese alloy ? Anyways I wouldn't buy any unbranded alloy even from a good friend when my safety is considered . What happens if the alloys bents on high speeds when it hits a pot-hole?

Respect your friends ipinion but better buy a brand new branded alloys

HR

NEO

AURA

APOLLO

SAMURAI

LENSO

These are some good brands which fall in your budget and can be trusted.

smiley5.gif Looking at everyone's response I think my idea of old alloy is flop.

Any way I checked for new Koni Set of 4 for 15k , whereas Lenso in same size is 20k

Why soo much difference?

I have been told that in case I go for imported alloys and in future if any one needs replacement it will be very very difficult, hence Indian manufacturer is recommended.

@rssh Can you quote prices for the brands mentioned by you?goenkakushal2012-02-15 12:41:02

NEO , AURA and HR alloys can be had go 15 k for 4 rims

Rest will differ from 16-21k for 4 rims

It is true that the imported alloys if bent the same replacement alloys will be impossible to find .

I saw the 1st Ldi Model of New Dzire Today, The silver trims and the Wooden trims are missing. Also the door panels are full beige unlike the other models where the upper part of door panel is black.

I was thinking of adding power windows to The Ldi model but the button and small box to be fixed on the door panel is grey not beige. I think this will look very ugly. Please give some idea what to to about this..

You have no option but to put the grey ones as they are the only MGA available also I would advice you to first do not install the power windows and see after few week if you can live with the normal windows . If not then install the power windows .

Finally the Wait is over.

Am getting the delivery of my New Swift Dzire Ldi tomorrow i.e after 20days from the date of booking.

So called 'Immediate delivery' also took 20 days not because the vehicle was not ready but the long list of documents to register the car.

smiley4.gif

Do let me know if any PDI tips you have

Before Registration:

We recommend visiting the dealerships stockyard and checking your car prior to registration. Once it is registered in your name, there is little you can do. Check the car manufacturing month/year, especially when buying in the first quarter of any year. Fiat India was notorious for selling cars that have been manufactured up to 18 months earlier. Ascertain that the year of manufacture is current. Best way is to ask the dealer for the "Form 22" certificate (issued by the manufacturer). You will find the engine / chassis numbers on this certificate, while the month / year of manufacture are on the "road-worthiness" certificate (part of Form 22).

If the odometer is disconnected, in all probability, the allocated car has been used as a test-drive vehicle. Also check for any repair jobs / body damage; damage to some cars is inevitable in transit and most repair work is glaringly obvious.

IMPORTANT : Check the tax calculations on the dealership invoice. Overcharging for RTO / octroi / lifetime taxes is a popular scam at many Indian dealerships. Pay only the actual charges due to the authorities and not a rupee more.

Preparations:

1. Confirm: the date of delivery with your dealership. It is best to go there only after the car has been prepared and is ready. If you have a preference for a particular day / time (for auspicious reasons), inform the sales person.

2. Daylight: We recommend accepting delivery in broad daylight, since the dark can conceal a lot. You may also not get good service in the evening since dealership personnel are in a hurry to wrap the day up.

3. Documentation: Ascertain that you carry any required documentation with you. This may include forms, receipts etc.

4. Payments: If any payment formalities are to be completed, carry along the relevant PDC

Before Registration:

We recommend visiting the dealerships stockyard and checking your car prior to registration. Once it is registered in your name, there is little you can do. Check the car manufacturing month/year, especially when buying in the first quarter of any year. Fiat India was notorious for selling cars that have been manufactured up to 18 months earlier. Ascertain that the year of manufacture is current. Best way is to ask the dealer for the "Form 22" certificate (issued by the manufacturer). You will find the engine / chassis numbers on this certificate, while the month / year of manufacture are on the "road-worthiness" certificate (part of Form 22).

If the odometer is disconnected, in all probability, the allocated car has been used as a test-drive vehicle. Also check for any repair jobs / body damage; damage to some cars is inevitable in transit and most repair work is glaringly obvious.

IMPORTANT : Check the tax calculations on the dealership invoice. Overcharging for RTO / octroi / lifetime taxes is a popular scam at many Indian dealerships. Pay only the actual charges due to the authorities and not a rupee more.

Preparations:

1. Confirm: the date of delivery with your dealership. It is best to go there only after the car has been prepared and is ready. If you have a preference for a particular day / time (for auspicious reasons), inform the sales person.

2. Daylight: We recommend accepting delivery in broad daylight, since the dark can conceal a lot. You may also not get good service in the evening since dealership personnel are in a hurry to wrap the day up.

3. Documentation: Ascertain that you carry any required documentation with you. This may include forms, receipts etc.

4. Payments: If any payment formalities are to be completed, carry along the relevant PDC