goenkakushal

New Dzire LDi Booked.. Immediate delivery :D

I think the upgrade of tires have provided me better ride quality' date=' but still the brakes are poor and lot of pedal travel. What should be the tyre pressure for 195/60 R15 ?[/quote']

I have similar spec tyres on my Elantra and tyre pressure recommended is 30 psi. What did the tyre walla say? So the un-Dzire-ous brake issues continue. But after driving an ABS equipped car and coming to a non ABS equipped one requires a lot of getting used to, regarding timing of braking and stopping distances. I think you must have been spoilt by the Corolla, which if I'm right is your other car.

@Durango Dude

smiley20.gif WOW!! Superb memory my friend..

Yes its a Corolla Altis and I just realized how strong the brakes are on my Corolla when I drove it this morning after enjoying the Dzire for a full day .

I just kept my foot on the brakes and was thinking of stopping but before I actually put some effort on the pedal the car had already come to a halt as if I slammed on the brakes.

Brake Pads on my Corolla are after market ones and trust me they are much more effective than OEM. My OEM pads got worn out at 18000Km.

ABS I think come into action only under panic braking but not in regular city drive, what you think?

The dealer who served me 'Sai Service' received the Best customer service experience award by Autocarindia, this has provoked me to share my experience.

but on the contrary my experience has not been soo great, check out the following pics and am sure none of you would like your brand new vehicle to be delivered in such shabby state.

thumbnmail.png

swift2g.th.jpg

swift1.th.jpg

swift3d.th.jpg

swifte.th.jpg

swift5x.th.jpg

I even asked the sales guy "Aaplog delivery ke pehle gaadi saaf nai karte?" he stood there with no answer.

goenkakushal2012-03-12 10:44:30

Friends kindly advise on 1st Service.

Is a Oil change necessary as per MUL for 1month or 1000km ?

Or this is an advise by the dealer?

I don't think so.

That is just a Casual checkup for various critical Nuts & Bolts.

Oil change is necessary, I will advice to get semi synthetics from 3rd service(1 year) onwards. Do not use any flush.

Always keep in mind that your car is in the run-in period. So no hard revving or high speeding.

Use MF cloths to wipe car. If you do not have anti rust, get it.

**edit**

The reason why engine oil change is required on the 1st service is because :

1. factory filled oil is often provided below the standard amount. Do not be surprised to see low oil level than normal.

2. Since the engine is newly built, micro metal components do wear out for a few weeks till components run free of basic friction. More heat due to friction means faster oil degrading.

3. In the run in period, engine oil consumed is more. So do not cross the time limit for oil change, rather, if you are running on MASS oil, engine oil changes should be made at 6-8k kms rather than 10k kms.

4. If you plan to switch to FULL synthetic, then do it after run in period (15-20k kms). But you can use semi synthetics from 3rd service of 1 year.

sb-alto2012-03-30 07:20:36

Even I would advice for an Oil Change( plus filter indeed) at 1000kms, but some people or say some dealers never do it. I don't know what they are going to loose by that.

Recently, I took a relative's Etios for 1k service and am repeatedly asking them to change Oil + Filter, but they keep on saying, No NEED. When we are willing to pay for it, why are they declining it?

So now am a bit educated about Oil change.

The Advisor told me that cars manufactured after Feb don't need oil change at 1000km as maruti has changed the quality of oil. He also had some series of VIN number by which he could identify if it needs oil change for 1st service.

I got a oil change done but not a oil filter change. Total cost of service was Rs780/- only.

Oil change is necessary' date=' I will advice to get semi synthetics from 3rd service(1 year) onwards. Do not use any flush.
Always keep in mind that your car is in the run-in period. So no hard revving or high speeding. 

[/quote']

Run-in period: Is it really true for todays vehicles?

I dont see any dealear giving such advice, I dono if its lack of knowledge or has the modern cars adoped themselves.
I have not followed and Run- in period precautions but just made sure am not harsh on the engine.

Oil change + filter is a must for 1st Month service. Without a filter change there is no meaning for oil change. Every oil change should be accompanied by filter change

For the 6 month service (Maruti) oil change is not necessary but should top up level.

Next oil change should be 8k kms interval if you stick to MGA oil. Using good mineral or semi synths can extend oil change interval to 10k kms.

Every car has a run in period, be it a BMW M5 or a Tata nano. A 15k kms is a standard average run in period.

Dealers are least bothered about run in. They are interested in selling cars. According to them, it is better to drive dangerously and ruin the car, so that you buy another one. For service advice I trust people in this forum more than MASS guys. Helps to keep the car good and save unnecessary expenses.

Hii friends... After using the car for around 2000 km .. I feel that the suspension is a bit hard and makes the ride bumpy.

I am afraid this could also be due to the upsize of alloy wheels to 15 inch with 195/ 60 r15 yokohama A drive.. Am using nitrogen at 28 Psi in all tyres..

How can I improve the ride and make it comfortable.

Plss guide..

Btw : The milage has improved after 1st service from 13kmpl to 15 kmplgoenkakushal2012-04-28 11:45:37