Sign in to follow this  
my969

OEM Tyres on the Civic

I'm about to pick up my Civic in a couple of days and i've noticed that some cars are shod with Bridgestones and others with Goodyears.

For some reason I've been under the impression that Bridgestones are better ie. less road noise and better ride comfort.

Now if they give me Goodyears can I ask them to change them to Bridgestones before delivery?

Do they entertain such requests, or will I have to/ should I bargain? and play hardball?

Has it worked for anyone till now?

I remember when maruti didn't have any competition years ago, they had the attitude of take it or leave it.

Wonder if Honda is any better.

And if they don't I'll have to do it outside, which tyres would you guys recommend?

Is it worth the fuss?

thanks

my969

Bridgestone is F-1 champ and makes very good tires but for passenger car tires as well as SUV tires, Yokohama is best if you are looking for high performance. The Bridgestones sold in India are striclty geared for average OEM duty.

Bear in mind these are all season Ultra high performance tires, Yokohama makes track ready summer version as well but then that would be perilious in rain. These two tires have the best balance, superb traction in wet or dry.