Sstar

Accessories Advice

We are going to have a new car in our family. So I am looking for some advice on following things as part of accessories. If possible/known then please suggest approx price of each.

1. Music System (Stereo)
  2. Front Fog Lights
  3. Car Wax
  4. Alloy (if budget allows then we will buy them now..or after some time)
  5. Any other thing which the expert would say :)

We are going to have a new car in our family. So I am looking for some advice on following things as part of accessories. If possible/known then please suggest approx price of each.

Music System (Stereo)

Front Fog Lights

Car Wax

Alloy (if budget allows then we will buy them now..or after some time)

Any other thing which the expert would say :)

@Sstar,

the answer for this thread is DEPENDS.

Do atleast give a hint on what car and appropriate budget for each accessory.

For Music, a decent Alpine/Kenwood HU with JBL speakers will cost over 15k.

Alloys for a typical 14" alloy( set of 4 ) would be around 20k.

1. Music System (Stereo)

2. Front Fog Lights

3. Car Wax

4. Alloy (if budget allows then we will buy them now..or after some time)

5. Any other thing which the expert would say :)

@Sstar' date='
the answer for this thread is DEPENDS.
Do atleast give a hint on what car and appropriate budget for each accessory.

For Music, a decent Alpine/Kenwood HU with JBL speakers will cost over 15k.
Alloys for a typical 14" alloy( set of 4 ) would be around 20k.
[/quote']

I am going for Figo Lxi and accessories budget varries depends on quality of product. 

Music system for an average JOE will be around 18k with speakers .

Alloys 15-18k (anyway check out the broschure one with the dealer)

front fog lamp around 3-5k (ask the dealer)

Car wax 500-1000 bucks

Good window tints for 5k (excluding windscreen)

Keyless locking system 5k

Music System (Stereo)

A Good quality Music System with 4-speakers costs alteast from 6k onwards(might be a bit of basic one).

Front Fog Lights

Highly variable.

Costs from 3k(3.3k for Liva/Etios) onwards' date=' depending on the Car type & brand.

Car Wax

Already discussed one in various threads.

Go through them at:

Thread 1Thread 2

Alloy (if budget allows then we will buy them now..or after some time)

Beginning from 3-4k onwards for Taiwan-based Imported ones. Other Genuine one with Warranty costs a bit more.

But do try to buy the set of 5.

Any other thing which the expert would say :)

Seat Covers, Premium floor Mats, Suncontrol Windscreen films, Door Sill guards, Leather Steering Cover, etc.

This is actually a Infinitely long list, just select as per the car you're having, your needs & your budget.

Music system is a thing that one cannot suggest if you want a 10k system with HU and 4 speaker then you can easily get that but the quality won't be that great (auto wala music system type quality) . I suggest you go in for better quality speakers and try to go in for a CD - Less system as nowadays

AUX and USB are all you need .

hey guys, I have asked my brother to get our new Ritz Ldi with MGA power windows (front only), MGA wheel caps and Central Locking.

The price I have been told is 6000, 1400 and 3500 respectively.
Sstar2012-02-20 17:04:12

Hey Sstar Congrats!!

I just realised we are sailing in the same boat, as I too received the delivery on Swift Dzire Ldi.

I was thinking of going in for a 2DIN touch screen DVD player which Pioneer has launched recently @ price of 15.5K (AVH- P1490 DVD) which seems VFM for a touch screen. Speakers you can spend anything from 1500 to 15000. an average speaker will cost you around 2.5k (6X9 Oval)

Am planning to go for non MGA Power window as I have beige interiors and MGA does not have beige button set so grey will look ugly on a beige door panel(Cost 9k for set of 4 NON-MGA)

Alloys I have already fitted. I suggest upgrade to alloys right now if you plan to upgrade your tires as well, because you OEM tire will not fetch you a good value after a month. If you exchange them right now when the vehicle is new you can get upto 10k value for set of 4 OEM Tires.

Fogg lamps I haven't really thought about it.

Am planing to get my side mirrors and door handles body colored. goenkakushal2012-03-16 08:10:57

Hey Sstar Congrats!!
I just realised we are sailing in the same boat' date=' as I too received the delivery on Swift Dzire Ldi.

I was thinking of going in for a 2DIN touch screen DVD player which Pioneer has launched recently @ price of 15.5K (AVH- P1490 DVD) which seems VFM for a touch screen. Speakers you can spend anything from 1500 to 15000. an average speaker will cost you around 2.5k (6X9 Oval)

Am planning to go for non MGA Power window as I have beige interiors and MGA does not have beige button set so grey will look ugly on a beige door panel(Cost 9k for set of 4 NON-MGA)

Alloys I have already fitted. I suggest upgrade to alloys right now if you plan to upgrade your tires as well, because you OEM tire will not fetch you a good value after a month. If you exchange them right now when the vehicle is new you can get upto 10k value for set of 4 OEM Tires.

Fogg lamps I haven't really thought about it.

Am planing to get my side mirrors and door handles body colored. [/quote']

Yeah you are right. But I am planning to buy a functional unit which may not be with touch screen display. All i need for stereo is good quality sound.