Sign in to follow this  
amargawade91

Best Petrol Hatch Between 7 Lakhs

Hello friends !! We buying New car very soon , I need's advise of members .

Now we have Maruti Zen VXI ( Nov 2004 model) , Its just completed 7 years , therefor we decide to buy new petrol Hatch !!

Why Petrol Hatch ?? Our Yearly running is too low therefor PETROL ( our 7 year ZEN just completed 26650 Kms).

As we keep New car for next 6-7 years , therefor i choosing TOP model of car.

Car considered : Fiat Punto 1.4 , Honda jazz X.

Not condisered : I20 ( due to poor steering) , POLO 1.6 ( high maintance) , Maruti Swift ZXI ( ugaly looking from BAck and when i pressing cluch my lowerside of knee keep touching to lowerside of Dashboard)

as we keep car for next 6-7 years , therefor Resale value is not important too us , milege will be ~12 city and ~16 Highway are acceptable.

(Note - Right not Honda STOPs taking booking of JAZZ , but they will resume booking from next month or April)

So Guys what U thinking guys Fiat Punto 1.4 or honda jazz ?? and WHY ?

I would say that you wait for the Jazz to accept bookings or else try the Fabia 1.6lt . Yes skoda has some high maintainance but you can opt for AMC for first 3 years and do opt for extended warrenty .

Fabia is a quality car and has enough space to warrant the price . Also the 2012 models now come with 15 inch alloys , rear wiper and spray standard . The overall legspace and boot space is great and also discounts on the petrol varient will easily make it fit in the 7 lakhs bracket and the money saved due to discounts can be used to fit better speakers .

At this price point Jazz is the best bet and definitely worth waiting for. Keep in constant touch with the dealer. Jazz full production is slated to begin this month end, so definitely you could expect bookings to be open in March. Even if they dont then there is no reason to worry, as generally there is discounts during March on quite a lot of cars.

There maybe more information on new i20 by then.

My vote goes to VW Polo 1.6 Petrol. Its the best, fastest, most comfortable hatchback in its segment(pardon for its a bit lesser legroom for 6-footers).

No doubt its Services are expensive but Please note that its Services are after every 15,000kms or Once in an every year, as against after every 5,000kms or Twice in a year for Honda cars.

So, save alot in the long run with very less trips to the Company Service Station, e.g: 10 Services for Honda Jazz during 1st 50,000 kms as against 3 Services of VW Polo 1.6.

& Petrol VW cars are having huge discounts for them, these days. You can also shell them up for Free 3-year AMC or else of equivalent value.

My vote goes to VW Polo 1.6 or If still not convinced then go for Honda Jazz.

@dr_nishu

The service interval has been changed. First and second service are at 5000 km intervals, and after that its annual.

Also keep in mind the the 1.6 in Polo and Fabia would pale in comparison of FE to Honda Jazz

@dr_nishu

The service interval has been changed. First and second service are at 5000 km intervals' date=' and after that its annual.

Also keep in mind the the 1.6 in Polo and Fabia would pale in comparison of FE to Honda Jazz[/quote']

Service interval is annual? but there must be some Km restrictions to it too

@7L and Petrol, only 2 cars comes to my mind

1. The choice of everyone here, the Jazz ( worth waiting for 3-4 months)

2. Nissan Sunny, the base variant will be near 7 and got all safety features in it. Do take a TD on that, am sure you will be impressed.

Most of us goes with Honda Jazz and me too.. My question why not Brio or Swift?
Brio having same engine and Brand name..
Swift is the most popular car in country and good car indeed.

My personal view.

No to Brio - since it is a tiny little car compare to Jazz so you will loose on many aspects of enjoying space of Jazz

No to Swift - yes it is popular but waiting period is more than Jazz. (I guess i am right).
Also, space wise, Jazz is ahead than Swift. Way ahead.
Sstar2012-02-22 18:10:14