Sign in to follow this  
CLYDE

ICE for Verna Fluidic

Hi everybody,

I'd like to know if there is any way I can upgrade the OE stereo in the new Verna Fluidic. The sharpness is good but the bass is non-existent.

I'd like to know if :

I can install an amp and speakers add-on to the existing system (could someone suggest something that plays good bass at low volumes) in place of the existing speakers?

Second option : I can bypass the system altogether and install my Pioneer DEH-6590SD head unit (which was a gift from my brother and which I am absolutely addicted to!!!). The same plays through a Blaupunkt GTA270 amp, BGx 402 front, TX369.1 rear speakers and a Blaupunkt subwoofer, (all of 2005 vintage, but sounding great still).  This system is in my TATA Indigo and sounds great.

As I see it, placement of the head unit is a problem - or can I fit component speakers in the front or rear doors, discarding my old speaker set?

I'd rather not rifle the existing system in the Verna, but could install the Pioneer as a second system - is there such a possibility?

Finally, what is the effect on the warranty?

Please let me know - I get conflicting reports depending on where I go in Mysore.

Thanks in advance.

CLYDE

I there these the the steps to make the music sound better

Try installing the speaker you have to the stock speaker location and see if the sound is acceptable .

Then install the amps and subwoofer to the car . This will definately give good bass and better overall sound quality .

If still not satisfied then there is no way but you will have to remove the stock HU and install the pioneer one . I really don't know if both can co-exist together . For this to happen you would need to cut and solder the wires of the speaker and amps to 2 separate HU which will ruin your warrenty and it is a safety hazard because the insulation on the soldered part will not be of same quality as that of the wire .

I suggest first you remove the stock speaker etc and install the ones you have . 

Thanks for your response.  I was thinking of isolating the existing Verna head unit altogether and drawing a whole new set of power lines from the battery and installing my PIONEER head unit either in the glove box or under the dash on the left hand side.  Then wire components up to an amp in the boot, along with a subwoofer.  Discard the existing speakers altogether.  I have yet to seek expert advise from Hyundai about this, but the Pioneer boys say it can be done.  If there is anyone out there who has already modified their sound system in the Hyundai Verna Fluidic, please post your experiences.  Thanks a lot in advance!