Sign in to follow this  
luukie

Got my Linea 2012 mjd

I went against all the rational thoughts and got a linea 2012 mjd when there are ventos, rapids all luring with that quicker 1.6 engines.

Felt the ride to be stiff at low speed

compared to the 2011 linea. When sped fast it smoothens out though. But

I loved the older plush ride. I just hope it to become softer given some time.

And also I didn't know that there is no run in period when the saleman said the engine is

already pre-run before coming to the showroom itself. Anyways in the first drive itself I took her above 2.5k rpm.

Now I got to be a geek to set that 'mycar' settings right.

Congratulations and best wishes, luukie, on becoming the owner of a FIAT Linea.

And also I didn't know that there is no run in period when the saleman said the engine is

already pre-run before coming to the showroom itself.

Your salesman is correct.  There is no mention of running-in specified in the owner's handbook.

Congrats on the Linea MJD, Luukie. Try reducing the tyre pressure to remove the hard edge to the ride. Our member, J Ravi has gone 'places' with his Linea he can give you a lot of insight, his is a 1.4 FIRE, though.

Congrats !! Hope you have a great ownership. Do update us with pics and info about your car. smiley20.gif

To be honest, run ins are generally not specified. But it is advisable that you do maintain a run in period. Run in period is not 5 or 50 kms. Its is close to 5000-10000kms. Run in do not require any rocket science tricks, just that you go easy on the car.

Congratulations alot for buying the New FIAT Linea.

'Definitely Admiration Guaranteed'

Yes you're going right, lukkie.

Try to keep the rpm of your car below 2.5-3k, specially under 1st 1000kms.

But you can try few Acceleration Sprints inbetween, occasionally(but only occasionally). It helps to make the engine more flexible(in terms of its working) in long run.

So, keep the patience till this 1st 1000kms.

Usually the engine Pistons, Bushes, etc will takes their final shape by 4.5-5k kms & Engine, Powertrain begins to perform at its best.dr_nishu2012-04-04 15:25:36