messengerb4u

Logan to be cheaper by 30k

Renault logan to be cheaper by 30,000.........................i think its the right move by M&M...........ur opinion..........

Mahindra Renault, the JV between Mahindra and Mahindra (M&M) and Renault, is likely to rationalise prices of its Logan sedan

within eight months of its launch. This is the second time the company

will be rejigging prices of the Logan. Earlier it had introduced a

couple of new variants with competitive price tags and improved

features to attract customers.

The Logan has suffered on account of slack demand and intense

competition in the mid-size sedan segment. Sources say Mahindra Renault

has formalised some of the rebates already available on the product.

The mark down will mean different variants of the Logan will be cheaper

by anywhere between Rs 30,000 and Rs 43,000. The price mark down will

cover several metros like Delhi, Chennai, Bangalore and Kolkata.

When contacted by ET, Mahindra Renault managing director Rajesh

Jejurikar refused to comment on any price change for the Logan. And an

email to the company went unanswered.

The Logan, which is one of the cheapest cars in Europe at around e6,000

and one of Renault?s best-sellers the world over, was earlier targeted

to notch up annual sales of 50,000 units. However, the company has so

far sold 17,761 units in the past eight months of its launch.

The Logan is pitted against popular sedans like the Honda City, Ford Fiesta,

Maruti Suzuki SX4 & Esteem and the Indigo. The mid-size market grew

by 13% in the April-November period to 1,46,210 units from 1,29,693

units last year. The segment is led by Maruti Suzuki SX4 and the Esteem

combine with 33,611 units, followed by Honda City with 23,785 units,

Hyundai?s Verna and Accent with 21,923 units, Ford Fiesta 20,912 units.

MahindraRenault Logan sold 16,267 units in the first eight months of

this fiscal

logan is a very capable car for those with a tight budget, its much better than the indigo and esteem, its true competitors. SX4, verna, city and fiesta is a class above it... so the price cut seems good...

Maybe the Fear of Maruti Launching thier Swift Sedan has got over to M&M , and i still feel Marutis Swift Sedan Petrol and diesel will prove , no matter  how much the price slash is , our swift Sedan petrol & Diesel is a clear winner

Cheers!!!

Posted thread on 23 rd Dec 2007   SOURCE MINT New Delhi dated 17th Dec 2007  I was reading a news saying that the Renault Logan has sold just 1600

units last month and that it is much lower than the company's projected

sales. it was doing a healthy 2000 to 2500 figure till a few months

back. Now huge inventories have piled up at the Nasik plant. They have

drastically cut production. The vendors have disclosed these facts but

the company is tight lipped.

What

could be the reasons for this car not doing so well in India now? In

fact it has rewritten the fortunes of Renault in many other countries

including South Africa, where it is selling very well.

I feel that

our people feel that they should not buy a no-frills car by spending

upwards of Rs 6.5 lakhs. For entry level buys such cars are ok but when

one goes up the ladder to the C segment this car's bland looks don't

help especially in our markets. Even a generation old Accent or Esteem

offer  better looks and interiors.

What do you feel?

Cutting 30k will be the best bet so the 1.4lt GL will cost around 5.3lakhs. price of Swift VXI and i10 Magna o.

I dont think 30k for all variants it might start from 15k rs from the lower end to 30k for DLS Logan ( top of the line )

Regards,

Priya

logan is a very capable car for those with a tight budget' date=' its much better than the indigo and esteem, its true competitors. SX4, verna, city and fiesta is a class above it... so the price cut seems good...[/quote']

its much better than Esteem??? I didnt feel so when i had the test drive...the ride quality is poor than the Esteem...

logan is a very capable car for those with a tight budget' date=' its much better than the indigo and esteem, its true competitors. SX4, verna, city and fiesta is a class above it... so the price cut seems good...[/quote']

its much better than Esteem??? I didnt feel so when i had the test drive...the ride quality is poor than the Esteem...

yup you are right Harry , The Esteem is much better than the Logan and also the Logan Petrol Suckss!!! and aint good , th elogan petrol can be compared only with the Indigo petrol and thats it , the esteem is faar suprior!

Regards,

Priya

what?? the ride of the logan poor than the esteem? well, i found the esteem very wobbly and bouncy in the rear seat at high speeds. also, i found the space and comfort better in the logan. what do you think?

what?? the ride of the logan poor than the esteem? well' date=' i found the esteem very wobbly and bouncy in the rear seat at high speeds. also, i found the space and comfort better in the logan. what do you think?[/quote']

are yu referring to the new Esteem??? space may be yes logan could be better but not comfort... take a test drive of the new Esteem, its classy i would say

yup Harry is right , Raj , please leap before you jump , have a test drive fo the esteem (new ) and logan you will know the Stueadiness of Esteem much better than the Logan , though intirior space might be less in esteem , you cannot say its Better or comfartable than the Esteem

Regards,

Priya

indian car buyer are becoming smarter day by day.they prefer up-to date technology.i dont think price cut will make any notable difference in the sales in the long run..logan has got outdated looks.petrol engines are under power n diesel is also not that gr8.

yes, i was talking about the new esteem (2006). and priya, i am indeed looking before leaping...   smiley36.gif

i had a horrible time due to the cramped seats and bouncy ride. though i was in the front seat of the logan, i expect the rear of the logan to be better...........

last week i travelled app 600 kms in my friends new Esteem. the entire trip had semi damaged roads and infact for 100 kms it was pathetic. to my surprise too, i did not find anything wrong with the ride quality, no bouncy or bumpy ride. the suspesion was good, it is in fact a lot for the money you pay for the esteem, where as i found bad ride quality within a 1km test drive i had on logan.... harryccc2008-01-06 08:16:11

dude, it is still not cheaper than the Indigo and actually more than the swift.

just a rough picture on the prices:-

1) 1.4 petrol with no power steering, just a.c--5 lacs

2) 1.4 petrol with just power steering and a.c--5.5 lacs

3) 1.6 petrol fully loaded--6 lacs

4) 1.6 petrol with airbags etc-6.5 lacs

5) diesel with just power steering and a.c--6.5 lacs

6) diesel fully loaded--7.5 lakhs.

these are rough on road prices in blore. As you can see, it is not all that cheap. The diesel is actually quite expensive. The indigo fully loaded dicor is about 6.5 lakhs and the turbo diesel version is much cheaper.

I know that the indigo is not so reliable than the logan, but the indigo is a better seller, will fetch you better re-sale value.Logan has hardly sold 1500 units every month, i dont expect it to do any better than this.

logan is quite cheap already any futher cut will make it cheapest in it's category.. beating esteem.. what are the trying to do ... compete with alto?

Alto ?? where is the Alto dear ? alto is priced arnd 3.3 Lakhs on Road for the Lxi in Karnataka , and Logan for 5 Lakhs that to the age old petrol engine makes a Worse buy , would anyday hang out with the Esteem and it is dammn lott better than the Logan Petrol

Regards,

Priya

Companies in India just dont get it. You have to price a product very attractively to the market when you launch it, especially if you are a first timer like M&M. Once it has been established then u slowly start taking the prices up. 8 months down the line if u reduce the price since its not selling, people count it as a failed product and no one wants to touch it even with a reduced tag.

Honda and Maruti have figured this out perfectly, no wonder their products are just flying off the shelves.