Outrageous

Swift soft suspension problem

Hello everyone,

I got swift VDI (new model) . It has good ground clearnce without load but when car is loaded it bottoms out on every speed breaker that it would glide over without load.

My query is if soft suspension is causing so much problem,

will switching to after market suspension setup solve the problem? I can deal with slightly hard ride. But evrytime car touches the speedbreaker it literally scarches my heart.

If any other solution please suggest.

Firstly the new Swifts suspension is not soft by hatchback standards . Its on the harder side of average stiffness . The only option is to diagonally cut the speedbreaker so that if a lower running board touches the breaker then the first diagonal rear tyre will again increase the ride height so avoiding a scrape.

My swift has stiffer shocks, may be the new one is soft.

The best trick to overcome this problem is, Do never Brake in speed brakers.

Come to grinding halt just before speed braker and while crossing SB, accelerate, this way, the vehicle rises by few mm.

Keep in mind that when a car is hit, the car alignment also absorbs the impact. I think first of all you should down size of your wheel and it 175/80 and it is best for your car, And reducing the pressure in the tires should definitely improve ride quality, although the mileage will come down a bit.