Sign in to follow this  
viv999

A-Star Audio upgrade in 25 to 50k

Hi all,

I recently purchased A-Star Auto Transmission 2012 model, which has OEM head unit & 2 front door speakers. The output of the OEM head unit is not so good. I want to upgrade the speakers & head unit also. I usually listen to Rock, House music.

Budget: 25K to 50k

I want to know following:

1. I want to add 4 inch components in the Dash Board. Which is the best company?

2. I want to add 4 no.s of new 5.25 inch speakers in front & back doors. Which is the best company?

3. Do I have need to add amplifier for above setup? 4 channel or 2 channel?

4. Which will be the best head unit for above set up? With Bluettoth & USB connectivity.

5. Also I need to do dampening all the four doors and boot. How much does it cost?

Please suggest me good installer for above upgrade in Pune.

I am also ready to get it done in Mumbai.

Thanks in advance.

Viv999 :

A warm welcome to the forum.

1. There is not much option among readily available 4" components. The one that I know is Kenwood KFC S402P. But Focal, Auditor and other makes have it but it is subject to availability.

2. So you are planning for a 6 speaker set up ?

3. Yes, preferably. 2 channel or 4 channel depending upon your wish for a subwoofer and its power.

4. For HU, a lot depends upon your choice. 2 Din full screen ones are costly while 1 Din is cheap.

5. Go for damping, cost should be around 4000-6000 depending upon make of material.

Why no subwoofer ? and please do elaborate on the need and your own choice. Helps a lot to suggest.

If I have a A* with a similar budget,

my ICE will be like,

1. A very good 6.5" component in the front door with its tweeters been fitted In-Axis on the Dash. The make could be JBL/ Polk/Kickers/Fosgate.. etc depends on which pleases my ears.

2. Another 6.5" but a CoAx on the Rear door driven by HU

3. A Sub-Woofer with enclosure

4. A good 4 Channel Amp, 2 channels powering the front components and the other 2 bridged to power the Sub-Woofer

5. Damping the doors and boot lid.

6. High quality wires and fuses.

7. Last but not least, Find a very good Installer

^^^

1. A very good 6.5" component in the front door with its tweeters been fitted In-Axis on the Dash. The make could be JBL/ Polk/Kickers/Fosgate.. etc depends on which pleases my ears. ~ 6-7k

2. Another 6.5" but a CoAx on the Rear door driven by HU ~ 3k

3. A Sub-Woofer with enclosure ~ 6-7k

4. A good 4 Channel Amp' date=' 2 channels powering the front components and the other 2 bridged to power the Sub-Woofer ~ 7-8k

5. Damping the doors and boot lid. ~1k

6. High quality wires and fuses. ~1k

7. Last but not least, Find a very good Installer ~1k

[/quote']