Sign in to follow this  
Himadri_a

Choose a Best Hatch Car under 5L budget

Hi All,

I am planning to buy a car with some luxury features, good mileage and low maintenance. Need your help to find out which hatch back cars is perfect to buy under my Budget.

Whats your Budget - Rs 5L

Kms driven monthly - 500 kms in City / once or twice outside City

Bodyshell - Hatch

City/Highway split - good

Max No.of Passangers - 4

Boot space Importance - High

Usage by - normal

Ownership - =City

Safety - anything

Prime requirement - Handling/FE/Braking/Looks/AfSS/Passenger Comfort

Petrol version.

Please help me to choose my first dream car.

Best car for you would be Ritz or an i10. In your budget you will only have low/mid variants of both. You can also have a look at the top variant of Wagon R.

Ritz is the best of the above. There are huge discounts running on petrol Ritz so you may be able to get it for 5-5.3 lakhs for the ZXI on road.

Would have also suggested Brio if not for the high boot space importance.

For your usage of 500kms in city and some highway trips, say you use around 700kms, why don't you settle with Beat D LS variant.

It has 3 yrs Chevy promise, ~18+ mileage, easy to manuere in City and cost little over 5L budget. It has split rear seats, which can be used as big boot when 3 people travel.

If you want to stay with petrol, as Rahul said,  nothing to match Ritz and a Brio.

Do take a TD on all 3 cars and then decide.

I would recommend go for Ritz Vxi (ABS) in petrol versions and if you want to go for a diesel then better you either go with Beat diesel LS (which has PS, front PW, all four adjustable head rest, roof top antena, rear split seating etc..)

OR go for Figo TDCI base variant which may cost you 5 to 5.30 lakhs on road. But with Figo you should be carefull about ground clearance as your requirements says 4 people and moderate load in boot.

Maruti Suzuki wagon R any day if you can't go above 5 lacs.Best car and offers a fantastic practicality.

And if you can exceed 5 lacs then it should be a Ritz ZXi.TSiVipul2012-04-20 15:18:07

hey just saw most of you are suggesting three cars
ritz
wagon r
beat

just to add here if i were you i would have bought neither at this stage considering they are all going t have newer avators soon

starting off with ritz in july
then a new wagon r also in diesel
then a new beat

not to mention the new swift sport though ots a couple of months away

my only concern is that dont buy a retiring model now,you will loose almost half its value considering its a small car when a newer models comes up

but if you are on a budget and just want anycar then perhaps any would do

choose wisely

Note from ACI-Support: Use Capital letters & punctuations where required.
BornFree2012-04-20 22:37:53

Yeah Really !!!

If minor cosmetic changes (inside and outside) dont appeal to you , General Motors plan to have new  ECOTEC engines in both petrol and diesel and here is the icing , General Motors MAY ADD a 1.3L diesel engine to it ( something on the lines of the SWIFT SPORTS coming next year only) , the same they are going to put into the the SAIL (hatchback) coming in two diesel engines , to make the BEAT extra peppy and not built to a budget as its now.

Also there is a new BEAT ELECTRIC , not in this price range offcouse

Also the SPARK 800 if you are on a budget.

If GM keeps its word all barring the BEAT ELECTRIC before AUG 2012

My friend works in GM and he has told me that no changes will be happening before 2013. The next launches they have in mind is Sail hatch+sedan, Captiva refresh and the Wuling MPV.

There is chance of electric, but unlikely because they went a step back when Reva was bought by Mahindra.

Regarding Wagon R diesel, the company clearly said at Ertiga launch that they are not exploring smaller capacities yet for the engine.

Ritz facelift is due, but in all probability it will be more expensive. Also the current offers will vanish. The resale difference won't be huge because the current one is a very successful vehicle. The resale difference happens if the previous one was a failure and the new one is a success, otherwise it more or less has very little impact considering the rise in price of the new model. Eg. can be seen in City, 800, Santro, Wagon R, i10 etc.

Irrespective of your perfect timing, please remember that new cars, new models, new versiobs, new variants, new engine options and new features will continue to come at all times.  That was the case so, during the last 10 years or so.  So, forget about all those which are yet to come.  Focus, instead, on defining your exact needs, listing them down and then select the best of the now available lot of cars.  There are hardly any difference now a days in terms of features and fixtures in an entry level car.  So, why delay your purchases and wait in the hope of better cars down the lane.  If there is a genuine need for a car, just go and buy one and start using right away.  I am also against booking a popular car and waiting endlessly for months on.  By the time you get that car, probably, your needs must have undergone a change.  That's what I always advised my friends and colleagues in the Bank.  Select the best as on the date of buying.  And, be rest assured, what ever you buy today will be obsolete tomorrow.  Just like in IT hardware.  Probably my decision/suggestions are based on my 30 years of experience in IT field in SBI.  But, that's the truth and the fact.  

everything is well taken but then again its how your percieve things

let me put my case forward, i am in the process of buying an Automatic Scorpio and lets say Mahindra Announces that they plan to build Automatic XUV in the next two-three months wont i wait for an Automatic XUV knowing Scorpio dates back to 2002 .

At present Price for Automatic Scorpio is Higher / Comparable to XUV and an automatic could add just a Lakh more to the XUV , (lets call it XUV 600)

But from what i gather they have no plans to Introduce even the XUV 700 (REXTON) with automatic Transmission , even KORANDO does not have an AT option , neither the lesser specked ACTYON, what they have is a stripped down version of XUV planned , (lets call it XUV 400), which would compete with Safari Storme.

I dont know about you but how many of us would like to buy a new car and see its new sharper sibiling comeby in the next week or so. (unless offcouse you were knowing about the same and bought the car just for the discount on an out going model)

Though i like your point "against booking a popular car and waiting endlessly for months on" it seems a dumb thing to wait this long but then you dont get a decent specked car without waiting.

and your point comparing cars to IT hardware made me to think , if only cars were built like assembled computers with expansion slots , dont like an engine replace it with a new engine in the same car ( plug and play mode) , a newer iteration of car came out with a newly styled bumper / headlights , just swap your old car bumper/headlights with new ones (plug and play) , no chance of losing money , just because of an older model , and not spending a bomb everytime a new car comes up with new looks / features.

it would really be fun , hope it actually happens someday .