goenkakushal

REVIEW : New Swift Dzire Ldi

Hello guys I have done around 1800KM on my vehicle and I am very satisfied with the vehicle.

Engine & Gearbox : The engine, gearbox, clutch are all smooth as ever . Couldn't have expected anything better.

Engine is very silent and free from any vibrations. The vehicle is now more responsive at lower rpm too. And once past 1900 rpm its time for adrenaline.

Efficiency : It manages to deliver a mileage of 14-15kmph heavy traffic conditions in suburbs of mumbai where vehicle does not get an opportunity to go above the 3rd gear.

A/C : This car has a FANTASTIC A/C. I am sure no other car in its class has such a powerful A/C. I had a Very bad experience with an i20 when traveling Mumbai - Pune. The i20's A/C temp being set on Lowest and fan speed on highest it barely could stop us from sweating. On the contrary swift cools the cabin in a matter of minutes.

Interiors: The interiors are the one which forced me to buy a Swift Dzire instead of a Swift. The black and beige combo make the car look very elegant, also the plastic quality has improved. Maruti has also introduced optitron needle for the instrument cluster which makes it look better during the day(Optitron is something similar to day time LED as the light on the instrument cluster remains on during the day as well) The new multifunctional display is also useful and keeps you updated about the Current average/ overall average/ range/ and outside temperature.

Service : Its very light on the pocket as free service cost was just Rs700/- and a service interval of 10,000Km is surely an added advantage.

Suspension & Comfort: The Swift has always been a great drivers car and so is the new Dzire but however it has still not been able to get the tag of great car for passengers. The space on the rear seat is better than before, Front seat are very comfy. The ride on the rear seems to be bumpy(I am afraid this may be due to after market upgrade to larger 15" alloy by me) I have driven this vehicle at 150kmph and it was very stable as expected from this vehicle smiley20.gif .

Drivability : This car is very easy to drive according to me specially for people like my MOM who are learning to drive and do not know to handle to clutch properly. When moving the vehicle from a stand still you don't need to use the accelerator , you may only leave the clutch slowly and the car is set in motion without any hassle. Reversing the car is a bit of an issue because of the high boot. The big side view mirrors give a good view. smiley36.gif

However the only thing I hate about this car is the Brakes. very poor brakes at time it gets scary smiley7.gifgoenkakushal2012-05-01 09:32:42

Nice & crisp review Goenka. Did the tyre upsize improve braking?

Do mail Maruti about the braking performance. Hope they listen to the consumer voice.

Thread title edited.
BornFree2012-05-01 11:51:24

@ bornfree the problem with brakes is that they are not effective.. The tyre upgrade would have helped if the OEM tyres were skidding on harsh braking.. Well thats my view..its difficult to get the wheels locked even on hard braking

Congrats on ur new wheels...and have a safe drive.

just wanted to know when everyone of us know there are braking issues with Swift\Dzire models which are without ABS then why are people still going for models without ABS. Swift and Dzire with ABS have a better breaking capabilities and are much more effective as they have brake assist as well.

@creativebala yes Bro mirrors and door handles are due for a paint job. Any idea about the cost?

Thanx for the compliment.

@librankur LOL thats not a park :-) thats my apartment

@BornFree Thanx mate .. I never thought the pic will be appreciated so much

@kaushal

seriously i was thinking this was a park that was surrounded with appartments but as you put it i can also now imagine it to be a multistories structure with a ground / underground parking.

smiley4.gif

@kaushal

hope you did not underestimate the worthiness of the Toyota brand ,their product is better than that of the suzukis , if only they could get it to be better looking too and less pricy.

Suzuki nailed the race going SHORT (their sub 4 mtr wonder).Toyotas engines are built to last , suzuki cannot compete with them in this department.

Yes I accept that Toyotas engines are indeed built to last but at the same time I don't care how reliable my vehicle is after 5-6year or probably 1 lac KM.. as am sure I will not be using the vehicle for more than the stated period. and whereas the period within the above time am sure Maruti will also be equally reliable.

I am hating the king of cost cutting Toyota is doing these days. Just have a look at Etios interiors specially its instrument cluster looks like it has been borrowed from a toy car

Congrats for the New Dzire goenkakushal.

All of its Black door-handles, ORVMs & Black alloys are in perfect Sync with the complementary Black-White colour combo & looks distinct too.

C'mon keep us updated with your delightful Ownership reviews.

I'm also waiting for my Dzire ZDi.

@kaushal

?

hope you did not underestimate the worthiness of the Toyota brand ' date='their product is better than that of the suzukis , if only they could get it to be better looking too and less pricy.

?

Suzuki nailed the race going SHORT?(their sub 4 mtr wonder).Toyotas engines are built to last , suzuki cannot compete with them in this department.
[/quote']

Toyota is nothing what the Suzuki is presently now globally.

Where Toyota scores is in Premium cars or cars costing more than 10 lacs INR or Cars which are not built with any constraints(price or resources) but where Suzuki really masters is Small displacement engine or in Small cars, not alone in India, even across the Globe.

Afterall, Managing resources with constraints(be it a price or size or else) is more of a challenging task than building a good product without resource constraints/limits.

& Brands like VW, FIAT are fan of it & have tried their hands with them on technology.

Swift sales across the Globe is the proof of what Maturity Suzuki have got it into cars with Safety, Stability, Style & affordability.

Regarding Reliability, the same case goes.

No doubt Suzuki are delicate & seems to be fragile, even Suzuki guys can't bet on its Reliability by merely driving or seeing it but again the Whole India since 1984 is a proof of it.

That's what a Suzuki is & the reason for its success in India.

Afterall only Service centre Network isn't the sole reason for selling Million cars annually.

& Toyota with its fizzled attempt at entry segment with Etios-twins is infront of everybody.

Rest assured about Suzuki guys.