goenkakushal

REVIEW : New Swift Dzire Ldi

smiley36.gif i feel so smiley16.gif I got my vehicle 2 weeks after booking smiley17.gif

Initially, Half-heartedly I booked Swift ZDi in July 2011, but Shifted the booking to Dzire ZDi after its launch in Feb2012 with a dealer promise to deliver Dzire early than Swift.

But sadly, 1 month later I'm getting the phone calls from him regarding the availability of ZDi & since last 1 month, he's insisting me to buy Dzire VDi but I'm keen on ZDi, that's why waiting waiting & waiting.

but fed up so much now, that either I want to cancel the booking now or want to sue both the company & that MSIL dealer.

Complained to MSIL twice, but I think dealer is more closer to MSIL than me.

extremely lucky , it may be that the dealer already had the model with them or someones elses booking got cancelled , or these were one of the cars being sent to dealers from maruti itself.

In delhi its pathetic , i have a sept 2011 booking for a SWIFT ZDi, i booked it after seeing and liking the ride of the other Swift i currently have Jan 11 model  ZXi,(old design), till date they have not even called me once to give status of the vehicle and whenever i call ,i get a standard message from the dealer , you are in queue.

Even mails to maruti in this regard are of no use , they in turn reply asking me to check with the dealer.

smiley19.gif

@ librankur Well you can say compromise, a bit of luck and hard work..

1) I called up all the dealers of MUMBAI asking them if they had any Dzire diesel for immediate delivery.. Initially they all said no not possible.

Later when they called & suggested me to book the vehicle so that I am attest in the Q and they will try to deliver the vehicle early and allot me the vehicle in case of cancellations. I refused as said I will not book the vehicle but give you full payment if you give me immediate delivery.

2) Compromise : I gave the dealers an open option about the color as well as model (Ldi/Vdi/Zdi) I was ready for any colour or model.

3)So this worked out and around 4 dealers called back offering me a Swift VDI silver, Dzire ZDI Blue, Dzire Ldi White, Swift VDI Red and Black.

Even I was smiley3.gif how come soo many vehicles are available when ppl are waiting since 5-6months, anyway my work was done as I wanted a Dzire I choose the White Ldi Over the Blue Zdi as this blue color was too bright.

@Dr_Nishu I guess You are in Delhi. You can also try the above trick if you are not particular about a particular model or color and who knows you may get get lucky

you made it too easy for them

the real fight is for diesel models of swift twins,yesterdays newspaper ad of swift and ritz in ht was shocking,they are giving a 10k discount on swift petrol (exchange) ready delivery also they have ready deliveries for ritz diesel with a few discounts.

and here we are waiting for our cars for so long,should they have not produced our ordered cars instead of these on which they are now offering discounts,production constraints would be their answer smiley2.gif

Congrats dear for a nice write up in whatcarindia.com featuring you and your four-wheelers. By the way, on page two, you were posing with Swift DZire LDI. Which is the location where the photo was taken ? Is it Nerul ? It looks very familiar to me. Let me know. You can PM me.

That's a great thing goenka.

& Congrats once again for being highlighted in a Respected publication.

@Dr_Nishu I guess You are in Delhi. You can also try the above trick if you are not particular about a particular model or color and who knows you may get get lucky

I've tried every kind of such things.

Here in our region(punjab state) things are different, you can only get the car by following ways with expected delivery schedules:

-Within 12hrs: Pay 40-50k Premium over the On-Road price & get any colour & any variant by evening.

-Within 12 hours: Another option is to give a phone call to dealer from any Hi-profile Judge/Political leader.

-Infinite waiting: Book your car(Swift or Dzire) with desired variant & colour by Normal procedure/channel & get your car after 1 year, like most of us are doing.

MSIL company officials, Area/Zonal managers are watching the situations like morons.

with this hike , the low introductory prices seems to have ended, nice way to pass the buck though : INPUT COSTS,lets see if people will take to the model now , like they used to earlier. 

@ankur Well they roped me :-)

Good one.

Can you throw some more light on this. smiley38.gif

@Nishu? I had heard about people waiting over a year thats why I decided to buy what ever was available readily.

Another +1.

But I preferred to wait than to opt for less features but well accepted in your case, if your budget & demands varied.

Goodluck.

smiley1.gif

as i see it now ' date=' after the price hike , you seem to have best of both the worlds :Great CAR @ Great Price

@ankur Well they roped me :-)

tell me more...

smiley36.gif the credit goes to our FM . I was in a hurry to finalize the vehicle as I was expecting an Excise duty hike on diesel cars. However the Hike was not announced as per expectation but still there was a minor hike for all vehicles. Then maruti also revised it price so it turned out to be win win situation for me.

While Driving on the Highway I have noticed that the Headlights are not sufficient, I would like to have more powerful lights but I fear this may damage my reflectors. One of my friend changed the bulbs to higher watt and later his headlight glass started turning grey and translucent

Quick Check :

Is the glass turning grey or is it the reflectors that are greying becasue of dirt entering in the compartment and settling on the reflectors.

It might be that while the HID were being fitted they left some opening in the compartment .

Glass only turns grey if there is dirt inside or the reflectors are burned / cracking (silver coating cracks often and gradually chips off)

When you put 100w or more powerful bulb, it fades or blacken the silver reflector. I've never gone for 100w bulbs in any of my or my friends car.

This is where Philips extreme visions & Osram Nightbreaker comes in. Both this provides almost 100w near light. The osram is slightly costlier, slightly more powerful, slightly whitish and comes with copper contacts.

an example of what happens when you go for after market additions which are not as per the OEMs instrtuctions.

Clearly these are too powerful for the casing to hold it and thus it is falling apart , ask him to change the assembly and use a bulb , as suggested by

# CREATIVEBALA if he still is not willing to go for an OEM bulb.

PS: This could also eventually lead to short circuit and adverse effect on the battery , if he continues to drive with his old setup.

When you put 100w or more powerful bulb' date=' it fades or blacken the silver reflector. I've never gone for 100w bulbs in any of my or my friends car.

This is where Philips extreme visions & Osram Nightbreaker comes in. Both this provides almost 100w near light. The osram is slightly costlier, slightly more powerful, slightly whitish and comes with copper contacts.

[/quote']

How powerful are the Philips Xtrm or Osram Nightbrkr as compared to other bulbs? Do you mean to say 60w Philips Xtrm  will be as powerfull as a normal 100w bulb?
Soumething like the CFL tubelights 11w Light is equal to 60w normal bulb

Hello friends...

I have developed a new driving habit With this car.. Gives me a feel of cruise control :-)

I leave the car in 1,2,3,4 gear without using any of the pedals and to my surprise the car keeps moving at a steady speed even in 3 or 4 gear .. Thanx to the torque of DDIS.

During this cruise the car shows me a mileage of around 20 kmpl which provokes me to use this crusing system again and again.

But am concerned if this is good for the engine??

^^^

Nothing wrong in that. I too never use accelerator in our Spark. For city driving, its too FE.

IMHO, Spark or any Fiat cars, never needs accelerator in city limits.

@goen,

While driving like this, FE of 20 is pretty low. Check if you drive longer in lower gears.

@Bala yes you are right I has made that statement considering the lower gears too i.e 1st and 2nd .. Above 2nd gear FE goes to 28- 30Kmpl.

I has read somewhere that one should not drive below 1200Rpm, sadly as I drive an Ldi it does not have a Tachometer so I have no idea about the rpm while driving.

(Bala I would like you to answer my old post of 15th May about Philips Extreme)