Sign in to follow this  
librankur

Mandatory Annual Fitness tests

I won't be surprised, if the Times Richest list contains some Indian Traffic Cops in it.

GOI is trying its best to make the Traffic Cops richer.

First 1000,2000 fines for driving at 45kmph

Next 1000, 2000 for Tints,

Now Non- complying Fitness tests would again fetch a lot.

The authorities are suffering from selective amnesia.

Talk to them about INFRASTRUCTURE (Roads,Parking etc) they will have no clue what we are talking about but as soon as you talk about TAXING the general public , it all of a sudden, all systems go , they start working overtime.

Give us proper infrastructure and then begin us taxing - We wont mind.

Overall, I would say it is a move which will result in benifits in long run. Eventually, people in India will decrease the car hopping and will stick to their car like in U.S. as currently most people sell their cars without utilising it till the amount they spent for purchasing.

However, I agree it is another chance for cops to collect money.
Sstar2012-05-08 11:24:45

@sstar

This is aimed at snatching your car from you not making you keep it long.

With roads like delhi, your car will either have to go to the workshop a lot to be FIT for these tests or would be taken to the scrap yard by the authorities if it fails, in both cases you will be more without a car rather than with it.

The are only two people who will gain from this weird piece of legislation, one are the automobile companies which are already struggling to increase sales in India and the other are our traffic cops. Such legislations only give room to more and more corruption. As rightly pointed out by someone here we first need better infrastructure.

Yes, I do understand that maintenance of the car is required but every year sounds ridiculous maybe after 5 years of purchase would make some sense.

Heres another WEIRD piece for you :

The Delhi transport department is planning to increase minimum parking charges from Rs10 to Rs30 during non-peak hours and Rs50 during peak hours.

And heres why I was stressing the need for better infrastructure:

Delhi has over 200 parking lots that can accommodate about 3,000 cars at a time, grossly inadequate for a city that has over 70 lakh vehicles.The civic body openely says it has no space for more parking.smiley32.gif