Sign in to follow this  
Gurkha

2007 Mahindra Pikup 4

good to see that the australians found some good points from this cute white mahindra:

"With only 79kW of power, I quickly realised, it was going to be a long week, thankfully though, that feeling only lasted a few minutes as I felt the 247Nm of torque pulling me up the hill. Driven via a Five-speed manual gearbox mated to a hydraulic, diaphragm type single plate clutch, the PikUp is very easy to drive.

Mahindra fact one. This is the only car that I have ever sat in that comes with a stereo capable of not only playing CDs/MP3s/iPods but also has the ability to accept memory cards from your camera and phone, as well as a USB connection to plug in your USB flash drive. How can a ute from India come with such a stereo system when cars worth 5x the price still lack some of these features?

We finally found a nice stretch of dirt road to test the Mahindra, and the truth, despite its downfalls, as a 4

i am proud of mahindra, let it make india proud.....

till now, only indians are expected to praise or go GAGA over japanese companies, we have to show them, even our products are worthy...

Did you see how the interior disintegrated or how they found the vehicle Ugly in every sense or for that matter poorly finished.

Japanese companies deserve praise, Indian companies have a lot to catch up.

Some choice excerpts............

Now that we have that out of the way, let

if mahindra improves its fit, finish and overall quality problems, its rocking engine and go-anywhere ability can give its australian competitors a run for their money......

is someone from mahindra listening??

120bhp is not rocking by Australia or US standards. They also need to provide reliability and longevity. Starting with an older Japanese engine would put them on the right track.

Check the comments below the article and you will get a fair idea of what Australians really think of the Scorpio.

Btw. the Toyota Hi Lux makes 363Nm of torque at a lower 1400rpm to 3600rpm giving it much superior hauling power specially when its loaded.

sorry, not interested in the toyota hilux actually, while discussing mahindra pik up...

neways, comparing the mahindra to the toyota is futile if you have a look at the difference in their purchase price...

mahindra is for the ones on tight budget maybe... are there poor people in australia??   smiley36.gif

Even the poor in Australia claim to be better off by a used second hand HiLux and not a new Mahindra, read the comments. Of course its not about HiLux, the mention was to highlight the torque requirments needed by haulers, if you have ever ran a farm or hauled load, you would understand that need.

when i meant that 247 NM is adequate for load hauling, it meant that indian farmers or haulers dont have a hilux. all they have is the mahindra bolero pik up and tata 207, that why i said its adequate. of course, in australia, people have higher demands. but even they understand that when you pay less, you get less......................