Sign in to follow this  
ishanb1

20000 KMS BEAT DIESEL REVIEW/EXPERIENCE

Hello All!

In Aug,2011, I purchased Beat diesel and like to share my overall experience with this car. The car has done 20000kms already in 9 months and is going stronger.

Pros:

• I know you won't agree with me on this part but this is a very peppy car to drive, in both city and highway, with adequate torque to overtake and manuver.
  • Handling is good, till it reaches 120km/hr, and you start loosing confidence.
  • Interiors are perfect with excellent quality plastic, nice looking central speed console, average sound system and speakers (blue elumination looks swell at night )
  • Head room and rear leg room is adequate for someone with height of 5"10. 
  • Great headlights and foglamps

Cons:

• Lilltle unhappy with build quality as rear doors have already started making noices while opening and closing.
  • Very less boot space (if you compare it with luggage space of i20)
  • No temperature meter in central speed console (or I am unable to find it).
  • Front bumper is more vulnerable to scratches.

Conclusion: Its a great car to buy and own, won't trouble you if you keep a good care of her.

I need to upload some pictures, please help me with that!!  

I need to upload some pictures' date=' please help me with that!!  

[/quote']

Just traverse through

Autocar India Forum >General > Announcements 

the last thread on that is named

it contains a lot of useful information for you including posting images.

Also do share the Fuel Economy of your vehicle ?

Nice to see a very positive & satisfactory feedback on Beat Diesel. Definitely it's a worth & a must listen quote for a GM-Chevrolet India, who tried upto their heels to develop & produce a Diesel car for the Indian people for their daily Intra-City Commute.

My Best wishes & smiley32.gif to both GM India & Ishanb

Posting pics on the behalf of Ishanb of his Beat TCDi.

img2012051600014d.jpg

img2012051600013.jpg

Those are nice set of alloys you have there also it looks like you have already broken even buying a diesel vs petrol beat (difference is around 60k) . These days the number of diesel beats is increasing like anything in Mumbai . Many people are prefering the Beat to the Figo even if it is a 3 cylinder engine because the interior quality is better in the Beat and it looks modern wrt Figo .

Also about the temprature guage don't worry there is a warning lamp which lights up when the engine is too hot .