Sandy

renault india updates its website - Duster Details

I sent a query to Renault requesting a brochure and got a response stating that the details would be avaialabe in June, so I assume the launch is not far away.Flywheel2012-05-18 10:44:19

Called up Local Renault dealer yesterday.

SE told that their Senior Executives have gone a day before to Chennai for Duster related training, etc.

More details can be revealed later on.

Its launch is expected by Mid-next month.

Expected price range will be in Rs.8-12 lacs for all variants.

Expected price range will be in Rs.8-12 lacs for all variants.

Now if they can assure speedy deliveries they can hit a gold mine here , 12 Lakhs is in the cheetahs (XUVs) range and thus it will have to be priced considerably lower than that  , it should end where XUV starts , (marred only by deliveries)

My biggets concern:

It remains to be seen how many would buy a 5 seater at the cost of a 7-8 seater. (XYLOS, SCORPIOS,INNOVAS and the likes)

Pricing is the KEY

I'm not too optimistic about the Duster. It's a product by Renault's low-cost brand Dacia, and that price is way too high for such a product. People rejected the Logan for the same reason. The idea behind buying a Dacia is the low cost, but here, we're getting an overpriced low-cost machine. I've heard a lot about the Duster's achievements in off-roading, but this price will make it difficult to sell, with the EcoSport likely to sweep sales with their hugely cost-effective machine, as also the challenge from Maruti's XA-Alpha.

Back to Renault, I wonder what car they will launch in October this year. Some say it will be the Scala (one more of their developing-country specific cars), which I hope isn't the case- it's likely to be a redesigned Nissan Sunny. I do hope, however, they launch a sedan version of the Clio, or the Megane in its long-hatch form, albeit slightly modified to make it look like a notchback. Renault makes good cars for regular customers, but they've got a lot wrong here in India.

Launch of Duster seems to be confirmed mid/end June as one of the members of team-bhp forum (nishant_kar) had booked it and got an estimated delivery date of 1-July.

Below are some of the details which the member has quoted:

1. There is no 1.5 dci 110 Bhp (at least for the launch). It may be available later.

2. There is no 4*4 stated to be launched initially. It may be available at a later stage.

3. The Power to weight ratio for 1.5 Dci expected around 85.

4. There are going to be 3 variants each - Base, Mid and Top in both Diesel and Petrol.

5. Tentative Price - Petrol 7, 7.5, 8 Lacs

Diesel - 8, 8.5, 9 Lacs

6. Interior Trim : it is going to be similar to Renault Brazil Duster, The base variant is going to get Black & Grey interiors and Top end is going to get Black & Biege Combo.

sachins2012-05-28 03:56:00

Renault Duster launch in 3rd week of June 2012.

Staff trainings begin by 15th june onwards.

Shock pricing expected by Renault India.

Petrol -6.5 lac onwards &

Diesel -7.5 lac onwards for base variant.

Era of compact SUVs have arrived.

Big SUVs will be a rare sight with arrival of Duster, Mini Xylo, Premier Rio, Ertiga, Toyota Avanza, Honda MPV , Nissan MPV etc...

Mini SUVs and MPVs are best considering it's practical nature and reasonable price.

I have been toiling hard to seek details for the Duster, in fact have written to Renault. However, the official who replied to my query was tight lipped and had only divulged with some very basic details (Core Features):

1. Unique & Modern Design

2. A trendy and compact urban SUV

3. Stylish chrome grill

3. Twin barrel headlamps

4. 16" alloy wheels

5. Front Fog lamps

6. Key less entry

7. ABS with Brake assist & EBD

8. Dual front airbags

9. Plush Leather upholstery

10. 4 Speaker Music System with USB, AUX-IN & Bluetooth

11. Steering mounted audio and phone controls

12. Rear defogger, wiper & washer

13. Electrically adjustable ORVMS

14. Rear Parking Sensors

15. 475Lts Truck Capacity

And said will I will only come to know about the launch in 2nd half of 2012. If there is any truth behind the rates mentioned above, then I will appreciate if someone may shares details for the booking process.

Era of compact SUVs have arrived.

Big SUVs will be a rare sight with arrival of Duster' date=' Mini Xylo, Premier Rio, Ertiga, Toyota Avanza, Honda MPV , Nissan MPV etc...

Mini SUVs and MPVs are best considering it's practical nature and reasonable price. [/quote']

+ 2

Easier to drive and

Easier to park in congestions
Sstar2012-06-01 10:11:29

Mini SUVs and MPVs are best considering it's practical nature and reasonable price.

+ 2

Easier to drive and

Easier to park in congestions

Do you guys think its only because of Price & Practicalness, this segment is opening up?

This is the country of 'KDH', so FE is what making this segment a huge hit.

7k Ertiga last month is not mainly because it is small but it delivers excellent FE.

Long live 'Kitna Dethi Hai' attitude of India. IIRC, 2-3yrs back, I've come across M&M's Nano SUV at 3L. It should deliver superb FE.