Sign in to follow this  
shanthanreddyp

All New TATA SIERRA on XENON Platform

TATA is all set to launch the Sierra again in the Indian market!!

And we have got a picture of it.

Will you believe it ???

Scroll down for more details.....

Well ..... don't get angry at me for a small bluff.. Absolutely sorry i didn't mean to hurt you SIERRA fans.

It's just a rendering of how will the next Compact SUV from TATA stable will look like if it is made from the Xenon platform just like the Mahindra's new Compact SUV derived from the XYLO platform.

NtRi8.jpg

I have removed the Chassis below and used the body as monoque to redice the height and weight which will substantially reduce the body roll and control the handling.

If it has to be a CS then it should hold the 1.4L CR4 engine used on the Indica-Indigo with a higher turbo to spit around 90 BHP to give the little wonder a sufficient thrust.

Hopw's my Idea and also the rendering? Sorry, i'm not an expert in photoshop.

Interesting Rendering doc.

But I guess, previous Sierra was much more in size than 4m, but only due to lesser doors, it looked relatively smaller in size, but In reality Sierra, Estate, SUMO & Tatamobile pickup were the same type of products from different moulds.

Regarding <4m Mini-SUV, I'm still in doubt that whether TATA would use that centuries old platform or should try to explore some other options based on Indica/Vista/Manza series.

Fingers crossed till then.

@ shanthanreddyp : I like your thought process, but I have doubt over usage of a small engine in a SUV which at least in this pick looks not at all compact (including built).

However, it would be amazing to see a similar product from TATAs in contrast to EcoBoost and Xylo Mini. And who knows...may be MSIL may bring its Gypsy with DDiS 90 PS.
Let's hope to see a new market.

Thanks for your comments.

previous Sierra was much more in size than 4m

Regarding <4m Mini-SUV' date=' I'm still in doubt that whether TATA would use that centuries old platform or should try to explore some other options based on Indica/Vista/Manza series.
[/Quote']

True I second you here. No doubt it was not shorter than 4M.

But I used the name ''Sierra'' only as a reference. the old platform has already been discarded except on the Sumo and Pick ups.

I have suggested that the old ladder frame chassis should be discarded and converted into a monoque body frame.

This brings in many advantages:

1. Lesser weight

2. lowering of center of gravity

3. lesser height

4. need of lower power engine (hence 1.4L CR4)

Also I agree with you that usage of Manza Platform would be more ideal than this body frame.

However' date=' it would be amazing to see a similar product from TATAs in contrast to EcoBoost and Xylo Mini. And who knows...may be MSIL may bring its Gypsy with DDiS 90 PS.
[/Quote']

Maruti has already brought the Ertiga hence I do not see any new introduction into this space as 90BHP1.3L Q on Gypsy will be under powered for it's application.

However' date=' it would be amazing to see a similar product from TATAs in contrast to EcoBoost and Xylo Mini. And who knows...may be MSIL may bring its Gypsy with DDiS 90 PS.
[/Quote']

Maruti has already brought the Ertiga hence I do not see any new introduction into this space as 90BHP1.3L Q on Gypsy will be under powered for it's application.

Who knows still...MSIL has most number of products using 1.3 MJD engine. And looking at profit making tendency from MSIL they may think on something similar to this.

.@shantan

Have you actually forgotten the SUV based on xenon?

Its nothing but the Grande Sumo, why too much of editing for a car that actually is in market.

IMHO, this is not feasible as

1. It needs to shed close to 42cms to come into Govt Subsidy.

2. Its almost 2 tonne heavy and even if you chop, the almost 1.5+ tonne can't be lugged by 1.3/1.4L Diesels, the Tata have.

But for its weight, it could be a handsome choice, something like this

20120521_133537_Grande.jpg

For mini SUV or mini MPV, the ManzaCS platform will be the answer.

creativebala2012-05-21 13:36:10

Lovely pic @creativebala

True on your words.

But TATA should remove the ladder frame and convert it into a monoque body and that will bring down  most of the weight. Added to it smaller wheels and other weight reduction can bring in wonders.

But I chose the Xenon as intreriors are better than Grande.