Leshy

sedan under 20 lacs

hi guys

i have decided to buy a sedan under 20 lacs.. i will be doing highway once in three months . i have shortlisted a few cars please give your opinion

1. honda city V-mt

2. cruze LTZ (i heard it has problems with a\c and other problems also ) is it true?

3. jetta comfortline

4. skoda laura

Honda city and cruze are priority 1 and 2 because i love to modify cars and both are modder friendly ..

any other suggestions welcome

Whats your Budget - Rs 20.00L

Kms driven monthly - 1000 kms

Bodyshell - Sedan/

City/Highway split - 70:30

Max No.of Passangers - 4 most of the time

Boot space Importance - Medium

Usage by - /Enthu

Ownership City

Safety - ABS & airbags

Prime requirement -power/modification/looks

Softcorner'd Manufacturer - honda & chevorlet

If you are hell bent on modification in the near future, I would suggest you the Civic. It eats Cruze for breakfast as far as mods are concerned and its a petrol, so with a good FFE, you can show the world who you are.

The second choice, as you said is Cruze, The Indian Camaro. Wait for the upgradation for few months.

I would say a SUPERB, nothing comes even close to it,yours is a HUGE BUDGET, also i dont understand why are you even considering smaller cars like the CITY ???

If not the lower specked SUPERB,

JETTA ,

LAURA ,

CRUZE,

in that order

does your budget also include your future modification project???

Buy a better car instead of funding your future modifications.

smiley1.gif 

thanks for the replys guys. now since the petrol prices have gone up. i am confused whether to buy a small petrol car or go for the cruze (competitors). also i heard that the cruze has a lot of engine and a\c problems can anyone throw light on this

today i took a test drive of the laura DSG. he asked me to drive the yeti also i was impressed it quite had the punch. and did some little soft roading in some sand it did quite well. planning to consider that also. what are the negitives of buying the yeti. and cruze owners please enlighten me whether it has problems or not

Hey, you have your answer on the home page of the Autocar india website, the shoot out of Executive Saloons. Hope you must have gone thru it. My choice is also same i.e. Jetta. No other car in the segment, give you punch, space, comfort, safety equipment like Jetta do. I am not the right guy to give you advice on mods, but if you manage mods on jetta, there is nothing like it. The negatives are hefty price and  in-distinctive look All the best.