Sign in to follow this  
creativebala

Scoop: New Maruti 800, the EON killer

aad9fec65bea74f60f31f8d0374098af_555X416

20445074e88768dd5524a9531ea443c2_555X416

b846b476622c97725e8f2a0d0125047d_555X416

This car is built on the current Alto's platform, but put on diet both longitudinally as well as latitudinally.

It will carry the same 800cc engine as in current Alto but in different tune.

Looks heavily impressed by Eon.

Figo's front's spares could be used in this car( pun intended )

Might replace current 800.

@mods, I can't find the older 800 thread, merge if required.
creativebala2012-05-25 11:52:25

What a Stunner !!

Too much Surprises for an entry segment car, like;

-Huge, big-hatch like looks.

-Good Presence.

-Chrome trim around Centre console.

-Central MID screen slot, which might be used to position a Central digital clock.

-4th AC vent.

-Adequate Rear legroom.

It really looks like a Shrunken i20 with Ford Figo upper front bumper & Renault Pulse like blackened Chin section.

Definitely this car will make other Maruti Suzukis'(A*, Estilo, Alto k10) looks dated.

Another winner on Maruti Suzuki's hands.

Even for Petrol, MSIL be prepared for huge booking list again.

This car is not a Alto/eon replacement but it looks more like A-Star and Estilo replacement.Also if you look closely it appears that it is based on A- star not alto

Zee Buisness according to oncars.in has confirmed that this car is not any Alto replacement but a new car.

My views - The front end grille, bumper design is copied from Eon , headlights from Figo , side doors and hatch reminds me of i20 -smiley5.gif

The question is with ever rising petrol prices will it make a impact or no?

@creativebala

many congratulations on your promotion , may you have many more to come.

now as usual here are my set of questions

why such blatant copy of body panels is being allowed ? Nissan and Renault, when they copied it was ok, not when Maruti copies from them or is Maruti Suzuki also related to them? the other body panels have also being copied , as everyone is pointing out(little figo,more of i20), if its this obvious why is no manufacturer complaining? isint there a copyright on these designs?

also whats with the camoflauge , this is showing almost everything , dont seem to understand what good it does, look at the black tape/cloth on the front grill, you can clearly see suzuki logo through the material,i am sure if we had even better pictures of the back , we could have also seen its name.

Personaly, i dislike the car more than i like the car, absolutely no effort was put in to make it a Maruti car, its a COPY CAR, two thumbs down.

It looks like mid range version (LXi in the last pic, and Maruti in this segment has LX,LXI and VXI).

I have a feeling this will be named Cervo. Indianised variant of Jap Cervo similar to what they did with Wagon R. I say this because none of the current entry level Maruti cars(Alto, A-Star, Wagon R, Estilo) have such aggressive lines, but Cervo does. Also its headlamp are big round ones quite like this spyshot.

Not even a spot for Fog lamps indicates it will quite likely be an entry level car. Cost cutting can be seen by integrated headrests. The length of the rear door is certainly encouraging.

But what is confusing is what is lying on top of the central console? The instrument cluster is at its usual position i.e in front of driver, so it has to be an MID on top of the central console which is even more confusing as it seems like the mid variant.

They seemed to have hired design team of Swift, i10, i20 and Figo to cook something up. This car definitely looks a little bigger than Alto, my guess is "BANG ON E-ON"

But what is confusing is what is lying on top of the central console? The instrument cluster is at its usual position i.e in front of driver' date=' so it has to be an MID on top of the central console which is even more confusing as it seems like the mid variant.

[/quote']

Maybe a space designed for MID.

But since this car is supposed to be an Entry-level car, this part of a dash can be used to position a Digital Clock.

So, a design offering both Upmarket feel & utility.

Well the Cervo actually makes more sense.. esp if it can replace the Zen Estilo which is certainly dying a slow death (or is it already tasted soil?)

The current Alto (F8/K10) and the A Star are way better looking than this Front- Figo, Side- A-Star and Rear- somewhat i20 looking mule.

It looks to be a mix of many cars ,the platform looks to be of the current Astar . The rear looks like to old i10 and front headlamp look like those of Ertiga but overall the design is good enough for a 3 lakhs ex showroom price car (EON still looks by far the best). Also Guy I think this is the new Alto and not the 800 because the badge is Alto800 so may be we may get the Alto1000 too after sometime and may be the Astar will be scrapped altogether . The Cervo will never make it to India because I have been hearing about the Cervo coming to India since 2007 and even after 5 + years it has not arrived .

The Estilo will be replaced by a car created in House by Maruti on the new WagonR platform which may take the design direction of the Cervo . Its easier to build two cars with same platform than one with different ones.