dr_nishu

Mahindra Verito Vibe. EDIT: Now launched starting at Rs. 5.63 lakhs Ex Showroom Mumbai

Practicality of a already 'just practical' car taken to next level.

This won't bring huge volumes to the company but may take present sales numbers from 1500 to somewhere near 2500-3000.

This should bring in decent volume since this is going to be the Taxi of our market. All other Taxis got some cons where as this doesn't.

Indica & Vista comes with Tata's Trademark Niggles

Figo comes with suspected high maintainance & Low GC

Liva comes with ultra thin metal sheet, so drivers needs to spend consideringly on body works.

So Vibe is going to attract atleast 50% of Hatch Taxi market & space loving personel users too.

How did the word TAXI come about here , wont this be a premium offering by M&M and be pitted against the i20 , Swift , Puntos

Also the dimensions are not right for a Taxi

> 4M makes it expensive to own, at the same time, low on the luggage space than a proper 3 box sedan .

Personally speaking , The price difference will not be that much after all.

> 4M makes it expensive to own, at the same time, low on the luggage space than a proper 3 box sedan .

Just have a look at the distance between boot end & seat in the above picture, this should be way bigger than Figo/Liva/Indica

Personally speaking , The price difference will not be that much after all.

12% discount on 7Lakhs plus less Metal means atleast 1 Lakh Discount & more FE.

How did the word TAXI come about here , wont this be a premium offering by M&M and be pitted against the i20 , Swift , Puntos

God won't forgive you for this sin of comparing this Ugly duckling with Punto/Swift.

*post edited to avoid misunderstanding.

Edited by creativebala

Rather than taxis in the true literal sense, I can definitely see the Vibe being lapped up in fleets by BPOs / Call Centres etc to ferry their employees. Current the Tata Sumo and Indica Vista are hot favourites with them. Have seen Indigo CSs too.

This car reminds me of the Toyota's of my grandfather's era. The basic bodyshell is so oddly designed that even a top-class designer wont be able to make it look pleasant. I just hope Mahindra doesnt dare to price it high in the Swift-Punto terrirtory. This car should be priced below Swift to attract customers and there should be one variant with all the goodies which will be enough to take it to compete with the Segment leaders. I am sure the main bread-butter variants of the Verito Vibe will be the lower variants only.

Rather than taxis in the true literal sense, I can definitely see the Vibe being lapped up in fleets by BPOs / Call Centres etc to ferry their employees

Agree, and this would also give some relief for TATA too to promote Vista in personal buyers front (after all that looks and delivers far better then this) ;)

Edited by Sstar

Expect this Verito Vibe to have a base price of Rs.5.20-30 lacs(1-1.10 lacs below Verito sedan) for its 1.5 Diesel delivering ~25 kmpl on Higways.

It can pose a serious threat to car of that price range, which includes Figo 1.4 Diesel EXi, Beat LT(non ABS), Ritz LDi, SAIL hatchback(base), Vista LX Q.jet while significantly undercutting Swift LDi & Punto 1.3 Active variant, Polo 1.2 Trendline in terms of price by ~40k.

Despite of some of its cons, I see this car is still having her own strong reasons to justify itself like:

-Class leading Interior space & width.

-Widest rear seat, which can seat 3-4 adults in full comfort.

-Expected boot space of ~250 litres for Verito Vibe.

-Extremely reliable Suspension setup with Good Ride quality.

-Extremely Reliable 1.5 Renault Diesel engine.

-Extremely fuel efficient i.e ~25kmpl on Highways & 20+ in overall.

-Easily available & not so expensive Spare parts.

Btw, sharing a Interior shot of Verito sedan,

post-67-0-73243100-1366193427_thumb.jpg

Verito Vibe is also going to have the same Interior space & comfort.

(Pic source: Mahindraverito.com)

Edited by dr_nishu

Expect this Verito Vibe to have a base price of Rs.5.20-30 lacs(1-1.10 lacs below Verito sedan) -Class leading Interior space & width.

-Widest rear seat, which can seat 3-4 adults in full comfort.

-Expected boot space of ~250 litres for Verito Vibe.

-Extremely reliable Suspension setup with Good Ride quality.

-Extremely Reliable 1.5 Renault Diesel engine.

-Extremely fuel efficient i.e ~25kmpl on Highways & 20+ in overall.

-Easily available & not so expensive Spare parts.

I think these are enough reasons why this should be a success in the market and also a volume churner for M&M.

Edited by Sstar

I feel M&M will price vibe very competitively by tweaking the engine more to give maximum fuel efficiency.

Vibe may not attract buyers who are looking for some performance / look but will attract buyers who are looking for a complete package by giving less importance to the exterior looks / Performance / something extra.

Buyers of i20 / Swift / Polo / Punto etc... may not be much interested in going for Vibe.

Vibe will give a tough fight to Micra / Figo / Liva / Vista / Sail UV-A / Beat etc....

Especially Tata Motors has a very tough time under this situation as except Nano Tata Motors is facing competition in all other segments and Tata Motors is not able to even compete with it's current line-up.

I find it hard for it to beat the Indigo eCS which is much more powerfull than this and it is already doing good numbers.

Indigo & Verito are different ball game.

Verito is one class above Indica(pre independence)

Verito is nigglefree & well puttogether

Verito 's ride quality is good

Verito is too wide & spacious

Verito is reliable in long term

Verito 's engine is a gem

The only place Indica wins is .5-1kmpl FE in city limits.

Verito Vibe caught while shooting for the advertisements:

post-67-0-32232400-1368555754_thumb.jpgpost-67-0-50926800-1368555606_thumb.jpgpost-67-0-88213500-1368555590_thumb.jpg

(Source: IAB)

To me the car looks good with hatchback like profile & can be a huge leap for Mahindra in unknown hatchback segment.

Will definitely make Mahindra 'RISE' further.

This car might just turn out to be an underdog. I think it will be marketed as a proper hatch and has all scope to come with a good price. Add to that the diesel motor and it really looks like a VFM proposition. I think the launch should be soon.

IMHO, this should give Figo sleepless nights, because slowly & steadily Figo is making a cut in Taxi segment, but its low GC is a big concern. If Vibe is launched at similar price, Figo will be killed, Vista & Liva will loose sizable market.

The company has repeatedly said to pitch it against the Swift and i20, figo i consider a shade under and its right competitior.

This is the high volume segment , At the expected 5.5L mark its a far cry , how can someone digest that C- pillar , its too wide and personally an eyesore , the high tail lamps dont make it win any beauty contests either.

The indian PAL Peugeot comes straight to my mind with minor changes.

One more shot of the Verito Vibe

post-7692-0-94201100-1369822759_thumb.jp

Close look at boot lid and you would notice a sticker well covering the Verito's new name...I doubt it is Vide written there....just consider size of word "Vide" with the space this white tape has acquired??

Edited by Sstar

A text message i received just now.

The Next Big Mahindra Launch!

We cordially invite you to ?FEEL THE NEW VERITO VIBE?, An exclusive preview for our key clients

VENUE: Synergy Cars - Date: 6th June 2013 (Time: 3:00 pm)

B2/16, Safdarjung Enclave, New Delhi-110020