dr_nishu

Mahindra Verito Vibe. EDIT: Now launched starting at Rs. 5.63 lakhs Ex Showroom Mumbai

Very good coverage. I like the vibe in this colour. Just had a hope that they would change the front styling as well.

Tata needs to really gear up and launch an updated Indigo and Indica very soon!

Here's Autocar India's coverage on the Verito Vibe

Review > http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-reviews/mahindra-verito-vibe-review-test-drive-and-video-345615.aspx

Video >

Gallery > http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-gallery/mahindra-verito-vibe-photo-gallery-345628.aspx

Very nice coverage. Was such an even required for this vehicle, in my opinion a soft launch would have been cool. But its Mahindra & they have their own ways!

A question that's boggling my mind is that "why does this not have a notch-back"? The practicality would have increased tremendously.

"why does this not have a notch-back"? The practicality would have increased tremendously.

Development costs would have been more. This car will be rejected for this price & its mis-practicality. You can't even carry 1 big size luggage which an ordinary Alto-Eon would carry. Future correction on Vibe should have a Octavia like hatch.

What a sham

Seriously Who will buy this, For this kind of money one can easily lay hand on a Swift .

The boot is a joke ,

Future corrections would be to add a CNG Cylinder in the boot and cut price by a few lakhs.

After seeing this who on this board will want to buy this , lets have a show of hands, also specify your purpose and major inkling for owning this.

Quite a practical car at a practical price.

Mahindra executed it in a very good way by providing a great Interior space, which is a way much more than even C-segment sedans(I remember Mahindra once advertised LOGAN by comparing its rear seat width with Mercedes C or E class).

On the boot space front they again did it very well with 330 litres boot space, which is again more than its rivals.

Indeed a great package by Mahindra.

Price wise ,Vibe 40K cheaper than the Swift and 1.5L less than Amaze .

Pawan Goenka says "We will launch one one product on the Verito Platform , other than that we do not have any specific plan to get into car business."

The company has repeatedly said to pitch it against the Swift and i20, figo i consider a shade under and its right competitior.

This is the high volume segment , At the expected 5.5L mark its a far cry , how can someone digest that C- pillar , its too wide and personally an eyesore , the high tail lamps dont make it win any beauty contests either.

The indian PAL Peugeot comes straight to my mind with minor changes.

this is the Verito Vibe thread