Sign in to follow this  
dr_nishu

SCOOP: Ford Figo face-lift

The car sure looks good. It looks like a baby Fiesta Hatch, and in the 'Kinetic Blue' color, it sure flaunts a sexy look. Hope its rear suspension is slightly raised, as the current Figo when fully loaded looks like its suspension has sunken and there is literally no gap between the wheel arch and the tyre. Hope the Interiors get updated too like power windows for rear windows.

Hope the diesel is more powerful. Say around 75 bhp.

I don't like the new front end. The old one looked way better. The yellow colour looks smashing and the wheels are awesome. The old diesel engine was very good. The petrol powerplant was a dog. Hope they do something about it.

I do not like the front end design personally, instead the current running model has better looking front. However, I like the move of shift stop lamps on the top of the tail lamp cluster.

Looking the photo. I think Ford has also worked on the GC as well as. Let's hope for final words.

Considering the amount of time they are testing the New Figo, its more than cosmetic changes.

Because the cosmetic changes are not so readical and will not require rigourous testing.

Thus I gusess along with exteriors, Figo might receive changes in interiors with some new gadgets and retuned engines.

post-67-0-77121700-1349552969.jpg

The facelifted Ford Figo features new headlamps, new grille, new bumper and a small change in the fog lamp housing.

• There are no changes on the side profile. The alloy wheels are carried over from elder sister Ford Fiesta.

• At the rear, the tail lamps are revised. The reverse indicators are shifted downwards.

• The ZXI and Titanium variants will get steering mounted audio controls. These would not be ‘buttons on the steering wheel type’ but a third stalk behind the steering wheel. We have seen this type of steering mounted controls on Renault cars namely Duster and Fluence.

post-67-0-60529800-1349552982.jpg

• The optional saddle brown dashboard for the Titanium model is dropped and it is now available in a bluish shade (optional).

• Minor changes in the material and colors used in the door trim.

• No Keyless entry as speculated before.

• Two new color shades added to the lineup – Kinetic Blue and Yellow.

• A comprehensive ECU remap to increase power and fuel efficiency. Sadly, the exact power and FE bump is not available right now.

• The facelifted Figo will get a price increase of 10- 15K across variants and dealers are already taking bookings orders for it.

• The launch is expected sometime next week.

(Source: IAB’s avid reader Saichand Kolla who got us these pictures, IAB).

The facelift looks to be very disappointing which is just merely a cosmetic one. GC is a big problem and if I have to say precisely then its soft suspension is a problem. So no miracles with this facelift which is just like a Ritz facelift recently.