Zavo

Suggestions For The Forum

Our forum for the first time in its nearly two year history is facing such a bad virus problem. Hopefully as FRG has said it will be resolved soon.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

The HomePage of the Forum is not displayed in none of the following Browsers--IE, FF, Opera.smiley7.gif

I always have to open the Active Topics Page (from the History of the Browser) and then Search for required thread. This is too disgusting and takes long time to find the Required Thread (Thank God I have not Cleared the History smiley1.gif).

I think FRG should do something about this.sudeepd2009-08-01 07:22:00

Correction in above post.

We have two Pcs in our Office.

I am able to open the "http://www.autocarindia.com/new/autocar_forum/default.asp" page on 2nd PC but not on 1st PC of our Office.

In the morning, the page was not ready to open in any of the above mentioned browsers on 1st PC of our Office.

Why is this happening that I cannot access the Forum Homepage on 1st PC but 2nd PC?

EDIT:

it was showing a blank page' date=' is this because of viruses in forum?????????[/quote']

Even I doubt the same.

In fact, last week my PC became Very Slow. It would take 2-3 mins to start and shutdown, respectively. So formatted the C: Drive and Reinstalled XP. Now the Speed has improved much.

Did I mention that I used to get Anti-Virus Warnings whenever I browse AutocarIndia Forums (I use Avast Antivirus)?sudeepd2009-08-01 14:02:55

The HomePage of Forum is affected by Virus.

Today again the Virus Warning came up.

I have taken a Snapshot of my Avast Anti-Virus Warning.

It is as below.aciviruspopupe.png

PLEASE TAKE SUITABLE ACTION AT YOUR EARLIEST.sudeepd2009-08-02 08:12:42

looks like i will have to leave this site which is full of dangerous viruses!!!!!

Today my antivirus programme detected 15-20 viruses from this site.

why autocar is not taking any action or they want all their users to leave forum after their computers get affected with viruses!!

Why does Auto Car India not have a Facebook page or Twitter? It does not sound great but these are the future tools of marketing. You would be suprised to see the advertising model that FB uses(its brilliant!!) and the potential networking and interaction oppertunities Twitter has.

They can substantially increase ACI's exposure and can mean increased business. Would not harm to give it a shot.

Can we have a 'Keyword Search' option for the forum please. Its hard to rummage through the old topics to find something i want. If i create a new topic which is a repeat of an old it would probably be closed.

For e.g. I was looking for the Fiat Linea 1.6 thread as i wanted to know if any one has any info about it. I couldn't find it as its a pretty old topic.