Zavo

Suggestions For The Forum

Ok so after 4 months why not change the Honda city above.

The new PM policy which says that the PM wil be cleared out after a week so its getting too irritating to see that some good pm of earlier members are gone so I want to add a new policy a save pm button by which we can save god pm's and the rest can be done asper the policy .

You always have the option of forwarding any incoming PM to your personal id. Globally fora always have an 'ageing' for the PMs otherwise the mailbox just gets cluttered with junk which the poster does not remove. Also, it uses up server space. This is a forum and not Gmail will nGB of storage. I think PMs are cleared after one month. In any case I am very happy with the policy.

I was one of those who requested this feature of automatic deletion after some  time.

sgiitk2008-03-24 06:40:21

I am just saying that some pm's are important and store some messagesfor later use so we can just save those ones and the regular ones can be deleted automatically.

the power given o members to allevate their membership status is being misused. certain members have formed groups & are posting msg among themselves to inc count & are kind of running the show . administrators also seem to be playing into their hands. this makes the forum vulnerable to hijacks as bigger groups dominate functioning. a beginer is often bullied, by senior members, as probably they think learners licence means less knowledge or maybe a threat to their supremacy, but this is no car licence where learner means unskillful. an admin. should not be prejudiced, biased or arrogant. a new member should be welcomed, appretiated & encouraged. some senior members who have formed proximity with the admin , maybe by means of shoelicking , are doing the opposite by discouraging & diminishing new entrants. what would be the plight of a new family member under these circumstances?                                                                                                                       a successful forum has maximum quantity, quality follows. inbreeding downs level. one doesnt need to be a scientist to figure out. new ideas bring a forum to life.                                there are a lot of msg with similar topics running. but new members are singled out and their threads stopped, not on merit , but because an old mem. wishes so . stamp from admin is no problem. maybe the old mem who started his own topic wants more hits. then if you try to enter an old topic & answer the core ques., you are tragically stopped again by a senior member saying thread has evolved. now if this is a problem , why does the senior member need to goddam read it .                                                      a forum is like a river & not like a man made dam, you may have an eye over it but you surely cant have dogs patrolling. no one wants nagging ,stick wielding teachers around in a forum .                                  i started a topic on hybrid cars, that was my view , i was sticking to rules , did not write any filthy language or upload obscene images or ridicule any member. still my topic was closed  on the behest of a senior mem., as he had a similar topic of his own. but there are so many similar topics existing, its a free web.                                                                                  topic on hybrids should have amazed fuelrungod , as no fuel, no run. as far as god goes , safari wount be his chariot. but sadly frg put an end to it on the behest of old mem. pal.                  so, its a request , mr frg ,you are the boss,  dont  form groups, be accepting to all  & see your forum progress & flourish, give it the freedom it deserves as theres no shortage of storage on your server , emulate hormazd. lest someone might plonk an o inbetween r&g.                                                                                       

Well a thing which is not still correct with the Forum is time .Please put the IST time Zone for the forum .Right now I got panicked I had to go out and saw 4:10 on the post and its 3:45 only.

hey sgiitk, forum is like family, members may have discord or different opinions but they still stay together. like you even i would like the forum to be really progressive, you are a distinguished forum member & have earned respect through your sweat & toil, i in no manner would want to demean it. so , its my humble request that you please continue to provide your expertise through your posts, you presence is  more important than a thread, so frg can go ahead & close that particular thread if he wants to.                                                                                                                                                                 lets come together & work for progress. but theres just 1 thing - please let the forum have more  freedom .                                                                            only +ve response epected!                                                                 

I agree with you ssk the gr8 ,also put a search option for threads so that new comer don't create unnecessary threads .Moderators should check out other forum sites for the search option type .A mobile site www.mobilesmania.com has many-many threads and if you type what you are looking for in the search it comes handy.

@FRG!!!???..... were is it I think you are saying about the indian cars ,indian bike,AAA shortcut links I am talking about a search option were we can type to see if some thing of that sort is there.

@ speed many old topics can be used wisely by newcomer and useless thread is closed by FRg.

hey sgiitk' date=' forum is like family, members may have discord or different opinions but they still stay together. like you even i would like the forum

:

:

:

ur posts, you presence is  more important than a thread, so frg can go ahead & close that particular thread if he wants to.

[/quote']

Suggestion accepted.

Also, let me tell you the background to my mild Flame.

There have been a lot of 'members' who have made one or two posts and vanished forever. The sign on post their query as a new topic (needless to say that in more than 90% cases it is something previously discussed) and then vanish forever. Many of the younger members have complained about this. May be FRG can collate and provide statistics about members with fewer than say five posts.

I joined Team-bhp after being here for quite some time. The first 50 (or was it 25) posts were moderated. I rememebr starting a new thread which was again moderated before being posted. It was an annoyance, and also sometimes your post (when put up) appears to be a bit out of the discussion, but I feel it is a good idea. On the totality of it I think it is not a bad idea.

Also, there have been occasions (thankfully very-very few, one or two only) where the discussions became personal and very heated. These were when FRG was out for a few days. I on my own took the liberty to request the members to cool down (thankfully they heeded my advice).  I also mailed FRG on PM and his personal id. When he returned he edited  and cleaned them up the thread(s).

welcome back sgiitk sir, you are a very honoured member & your posts have highlighted your talent.

are you still an active member with team-bhp?

how about a column or a topic in begining which sheds more light on how to write & when to write? this shall be very beneficial for starters.

On the top right' date=' the same link can be used for searching through the entire forum and not just certain sections.

FRG
[/quote']

I was a little confused when i read the earlier post, that there is no search option.

rssh c'on yaar 3000 post and you are telling me you didn't even know a search option existed? kidding right!

Though we have a search option but a little changes can do, like our search system searches the post and not the the name of the thread. So like the other day i wanted to find guess the car thread. when i typed this in the search option i got all sorts of stuff but the thread was no where to be seen in the first few pages.

well then i went i searched on anjan2007 and all post made by him (knew he visited that often) found it on the third page. Every time i forget its in the international section.

well if this could be done that the search option first try to match the key word with the name of the thread and then the post.
adi19912008-06-24 06:00:04

One more thing about newbies starting new threads.

Well this can be made better by two things.

1. tag/pin threads which discuss the best car in a,b,c and d segments or put them in a seperate forum all together as these are the main things new threads are made.

2. people trying to advertise there auto sites and all (Dum Dum) no need to put a 50 to 100 post bar add another coloum to the registration, why you want to join or something and allow him to enter only when you have read that. (well this is just to make it time consuming so the one who is really interested will come back to check if he is accepted).

Software update:-

What? please clarify this. Many members in the previouspost have mentioned software update. update it to what? what you want to add. more skin tones?

i think the current one has all the stuff a regular normal user would need.

Not that I have posted any suggestions before, just in a very advice giving mood today. So here is another suggestion.

As I have seen mr. sgiitk get really annoyed by newbiees.

make a different section in which only mods and people having say 500+ post or something can discuss. I would have said 1000 but that would leave us with to few people.

having a different section with members having more than 500 posts sounds ridiculous & that too coming from a member with > 900 posts. be more graceful!

having more no. of posts can never be an indication to more knowledge. on top of it what would such people discuss? its the ideas that keep a forum moving.

moreover helping out people in which ever way & increasing on ones own & others knowledge plus adopting new members & taking them through with you is what forum stands for i suppose! expression of onself freely is als an integral part.

maybe the comments by you were in a lighter vein & you wernt very serious.

chill chilll chill

more no. of post just mean the member is more active.

though of lately you seem to be the most active member.

These are suggestions not rules if you like them make them if you don't, then don't.

So in this case let this suggestion be out.

Hey! what about the other ones? 

I would also oppose the idea of segregating members by the number of posts. It will be ridiculous to have the same topic in two threads 1. Members with more than x-posts, and 2.-members with less than x posts.

now that the forum is growing fast, some degree of initial moderation is a highly desirable. I would suggest that some screening (moderation)  of posts, and more so of new topics by newbies may be the best way out. In case it is found that a new topic is the same as an existing one, the post may be so directed and a PM sent to the new member.

I do not know whether the software supports it.

The moderating team can al least take a closer look at posts (and even more so topics)  from new members.

sgiitk2008-06-25 05:44:00