Durango Dude

Skoda Fabia...is very pricey..ya!

The Getz was mentioned as a costly hatch in comparison to the even costlier Fabia hatch, the Swift comparison to Getz was bought in by you and therefore the reply. The Getz is the right comparison to the Fabia and the market perception to a hatch being marketed in the price range of a regular sedan.

Hi, i dont think without any reason, Autocar would give the Skoda Fabia 9/10 inspite of the diesel motor being a bit noisy. 

It has also mentioned "Skoda's super hatch is in a class of its own" in the front cover. Its really not fair to compare the Fabia with Swift and the Getz.

Yes, according to an average Indian mindset, paying more than 5 lacs for something without a seperate boot is considered a waste. But in the case of the Fabia, we get lots of goodies for the so called extra money, which is not even common to big sedans.

As far as i know, in India Skoda's are known for its superior buid quality of its interiors, safety with fully galvanized body and the unbelievable mileage. So there is no reason for Skoda not carrying over these to the new Fabia too.

Ofcourse, the spare parts prices of a Maruti cannot be matched by a Skoda. Whoever can afford it go ahead with the Skoda and for the others, just sit back and admire.

Do not believe anybody's words, Fabia would be launched in a couple of days. Go test drive it. Its the only possible way to clear the argument.

yup i agree with Gurkha , the Skoda brand isnt very great and the Fabia too isnt all that impressive for 7 lakhs !! yup its overpriced , lets only wait for the Jazz and Yaris to hit Indian Market , till then fingers crossed

Regards,

Priya

i have been posting my comments abt Getz since its launch. its a very good car in every factor but still ppl crib that its over priced. for the engine it had and recent advancement to its interiors its a car to succeed. and yes swift cant be compared to Getz to its engine performance. If Hyundai can give the safety features and goodies to Getz crdi and it can compete Fabia, then Indians will be too happy to buy Getz over Fabia given their service network. May be they can launch a sports version of Getz crdi, adding the goodies and safety features in good colors with aggressive pricing, i will be sure to exchange my existing Getz 1.3 for it.

i have been posting my comments abt Getz since its launch. its a very good car in every factor but still ppl crib that its over priced. for the engine it had and recent advancement to its interiors its a car to succeed. and yes swift cant be compared to Getz to its engine performance. If Hyundai can give the safety features and goodies to Getz crdi and it can compete Fabia' date=' then?Indians will be too happy to buy Getz over Fabia given their service network. May be they can launch a sports version of Getz crdi, adding the goodies and safety features in good colors with aggressive pricing, i will be sure to exchange my existing Getz 1.3 for it. [/quote']

Exactly my point, best value for those looking for performance combined with economy, Getz just needs a aggressive body kit.

Very well said Gurkha , even the Getz prime isnt quite doing well as its almost the same as old gets with just a little change on the lights , maybe the i20 will be a true succesor for the getz

Regards,

priya

I get the feeling I have started World War III. Hold your horses guys. Agreed Fabia is overpriced, Skoda is taking us Indians for a ride. If we like to be taken for a ride none is to be blamed but us; for making  Skoda a premium brand. So its the Skoda dealers who are fighting us via "Family Friends", I still wonder what they "gave" ACI for such rave reviews, continously, but they play down the high cost of service, thoroughly. Only when you buy the product that you come to know the "White Elephant" it is. Skoda Octavia should not cost more than Rs.7 lakh, because it isn't produced anywhere else, anymore, and they are pricing it at Rs.12 lakh and people here are buying it. You must be nuts to buy a not produced any where for that money.

I guess you people are only the smart ones everyone who buys a Skoda is an *****. Never mind that more people buy Octavia than Corolla or Optra. Now I am confident that Fabia will sell more than Getz. Everyone knows Skoda is charging high price for spares but they still buy Skoda. Why? because you get a particular feel and ambience you don't get in japanese car. Just for your info. It is only ACI that is highlighting the high cost of their spare parts. check guide in latest issue. Skoda parts very high. Just because people do not agree with your views it doesn't mean they are corrupt. people can have different views too. Let us continue this argument once the Fabia is in the market. If you say Skoda should not cost more than Rs 7 lakh then Honda City should be not more than Rs. 4 lakh.

Thank God you people are not running a car company because you would;

give the most powerful engines - and all the cars would FLOP

give a bodykit to a Getz and expect it to sell. LOL! you think consumers are *****?

There is still not answer why a Getz CRDi cannot sell more than 400 cars per month when Fabia is ready (according to finance companies) to do over 1000 a month.

i completely agree with you roadangel. skoda is a well built car and it has a sturdiness absent in most of the japanese cars. yes, the reliabilty of japanese cars are more but for those who change their cars every 4 years or so, reliabilty hardly matters! i dont know about skoda or VW cars in the international scenario, but yes, in india skoda is known for its high build quality, and low reliability! well, the octavia is in the league of civic and corolla, so as far as pricing with respect to competition is concerned, octavia is fairly priced.

@ durango dude: sorry dude, but for that  matter, even a civic and corrolla is built in india, but even they are priced above 10 lakhs...

Only people here in India buy Skoda over Corolla because of the diesel factor and nothing else. Its certainly not due to its pedigree in any sense or the hyped build quality. As for changing cars every four years, in US people change in three years and still put their money of Toyota and Honda. If it was not for the diesel factor and the fact that India is still a young market where perceptions of long term ownership and resale value is yet to be formed. Thank the Gods that some of us here in India don't go for hype, idol worship and hearsay to base their decisions to purchase a car.

Know what? Since such strong feelings are going around I just went ahead and enlisted for a special preview of the Fabia from the website.I'll get back with 'unbiased' feelings when they give me a call. After what Roadangel said  I decided to check for myself what Skoda is all about. No hard feelings; as the saying goes: 'to each, his own'

Skoda has a certain 'image' in India. When you plonk down cash above the M800 or maybe the WagonR level image is the part of the considenration..?

I can understand that with Lexus but not with Skoda.

i completely agree with what sgiitk said...

hey, the corolla sells much more than the octavia.

and the indian customers definetely dont go over hype, idol worship or hearsay. we are not so dumb. its just a matter of personal choices. there are some who love the skoda and no matter whatever be the issue, they will prefer it over a honda or toyota.

maybe you are right. but if you take my case, i'll anytime buy the 1.8 petrol skoda, not only for its rocking engine, but i like cars with a tough build. all japanese cars frome the corolla to the civic feels flimsy in comparison.

Very poor perception, going by the number of registered cars of over 10 years of age in US and the resale value index, its the Toyota and Honda that dominate the chart. A VW disintegrates in a matter of few years and the resale value reflects that well. So the reliability and quality tag given by various magazines and research outfits is totally insignificant, un-scientific assessment based purely on hearsay and flawed perception is just fine.Gurkha2008-01-08 06:04:59

I am not talking about sales figures, I am talking about various authorities giving their verdict after extensive testing and data collection as well as long term extensive test like no other.

Personal choice is not the indicator of quality in true scientific sense. Highly subjective which is fine, just not the norm.

yes, as you said if they are giving good rating after extensuive testing, then the car must be good. u dont like it or you saying that its unreliable is fine, but then these testers or the indian customers are not fools, thats what i meant. just because 1 person thinks the car is bad, its not necessary thall all should agree, right?

Its not 1 person, its a whole bunch of people with extensive experience in the automobile industry and with data collected over years, your argument is totally futile here and not based on any logic, Indian customers have relatively short duration of exposure to the international automotive world.

Stop arguing just for the sake of it. Provide something constructive rather than subjective emotion charged nonsense and then the post will make sense.

if you think my argument is futile, why waste your time gurkha?

just 1 thing, japanese are not the only ones who can make good cars, as you are trying to prove this in each and every thread.

now its better we stop this debate because, i am sorry, but you dont have the right attitude.

if you think my argument is futile' date=' why waste your time gurkha?

just 1 thing, japanese are not the only ones who can make good cars, as you are trying to prove this in each and every thread.

?

now its better we stop this debate because, i am sorry, but you dont have the right attitude.
[/quote']

Like it or not, Japanese right now are current undisputed makes of the most reliable cars so stop your illogical rants.