Durango Dude

Skoda Fabia...is very pricey..ya!

Hey,

Why bash up the brand- skoda so much? I mean, it is just becoming too negative. Understand that you may base your arguments on facts, but we have to accept the fact that Skoda has clicked in India, irrespective of the poor image else where.

The fabia may not be worth its price and may not sell great numbers. But then it is not set out set out to be. Skoda itself has set moderate targets for the fabia in India. It would target customers who want luxury in a hatchback as they primarily drive in the city, since the boot has become a liability these days when it comes parking etc.

And personally I know lot of people who have upgraded from the octavia to the Laura and then to the Superb! So every car company has its right to price a product how ever they want and if it is a success then, no one can do anything about it.

Skoda, VW, Renault, and even most German cars may not be as reliable as the Japanese, but then they have their own markets, customer base and their own merits. They could be better than the Japanese in certain areas like looks, features etc. And whether you accept it or not, the german brands have created an Image that is hard to beat. You and me may not want this image, but there are scores of people who want an image when they pay a huge sum!

Just Chill!

Cheers,

Sujith

everyone please do consider the Sales report of Cheverolet Optra SRV before coming to any conclusions about Skoda Fabia as this car is also supposed to be Hatchback and an overpriced one.

yes Arpith you are right , the SRV is the least number sold in hatchbacks , and to be just , there are only 2 chevy SRV;s in Mangalore , where as other cars are almost above 1k units here in mangalore , like the optra , fiesta , city

lets wait and see how good this Fabia really is on performance and after sales suport followed by reliabilty and maintainence

Cheers!!!

Why so much debate on whether people will spend one or two lakh more for the features, space, comfort, build, blah blah? The car will come out with prices and features in a day or two anyway. And if we always think in terms of cost per kilograms, then why would anyone buy Honda Civic, when we can get almost four Tata Indica. Does Honda civic have four times the space/power/features of Indica? Is the price difference justifiable? If yes, then Skoda might justify 2 extra lakh for the extra space, length, features, build quality, blah, blah. My point is that people just arguing based on this worthiness is vague and meaningless. A person who does not need anything else than a bicycle will still live with that. One who needs the Swift or Honda City or Civic will still buy it at that price. If comparing Honda Civic with Tata Indica is not acceptable, comparing Fabia with Swift may not be acceptable as well, as they differ in space/size, features, build quality. I wish to see more debate on the pros and cons compared to other cars in the same price range or more on which better car we could have got with that price, not arguments on the cost per kilogram, or not on how much Swift we could get with the price of Fabia. And for that, I believe we need to have the final price tag.

While I agree that SRV did not even sell in average numbers, I think it is wrong to compare srv and Fabia

1) SRV is more like a notchback / coupe' sort of a car, very similar to the accent Viva and not really a hatchback.

2) SRV was priced pretty high--close to 9 lakhs but hardly had any goodies like airbags etc.

3) There was no diesel version of the SRV.

I'm not saying that the Fabia will sell well, but it should do better numbers than the SRV owing to the image skoda has in india and also due to a diesel version.

Cheers,

Sujith

Basically, are we ready to pay something like Rs.8.25 lakhs on road for a 68 bhp noisy diesel hatchback? Leave alone the gold plated commode and all the other goodies that come with it. It doesn't have autoaircon, atleast should have 8 airbags for 8 lakhs. It's no hot hatch. Show us some performance for God's sake. And you guys were cribbing the Getz is expensive....It's almost as expensive as the Honda City, and much expensive than all the midsize sedans around. And is just 1 lakh less expensive on the road than my Elantra. People who buy this must have 1)High Cholesterol levels 2) No brains 3) Big Gluteus maximus 4) Deep pockets, for sure. Fun to drive all the same, is highly subjective, when you have a 0-100kmph of 15 secs.

Basically' date=' are we ready to pay something like Rs.8.25 lakhs on road for a 68 bhp noisy diesel hatchback? Leave alone the gold plated commode and all the other goodies that come with it. It doesn't have autoaircon, atleast should have 8 airbags for 8 lakhs. It's no hot hatch. Show us some performance for God's sake. And you guys were cribbing the Getz is expensive....It's almost as expensive as the Honda City, and much expensive than all the midsize sedans around. And is just 1 lakh less expensive on the road than my Elantra. People who buy this must have 1)High Cholesterol levels 2) No brains 3) Big Gluteus maximus 4) Deep pockets, for sure. Fun to drive all the same, is highly subjective, when you have a 0-100kmph of 15 secs.[/quote']

k.. so firstly the price list is yet to be out so hold on your horses.... and you never know once this car is out it may actually beat other sedan cars in its range... let it atleast be launched

Basically' date=' are we ready to pay something like Rs.8.25 lakhs on road for a 68 bhp noisy diesel hatchback? Leave alone the gold plated commode and all the other goodies that come with it. It doesn't have autoaircon, atleast should have 8 airbags for 8 lakhs. It's no hot hatch. Show us some performance for God's sake. And you guys were cribbing the Getz is expensive....It's almost as expensive as the Honda City, and much expensive than all the midsize sedans around. And is just 1 lakh less expensive on the road than my Elantra. People who buy this must have 1)High Cholesterol levels 2) No brains 3) Big Gluteus maximus 4) Deep pockets, for sure. Fun to drive all the same, is highly subjective, when you have a 0-100kmph of 15 secs.[/quote']

smiley36.gif

No brains likely.............

I visited skoda dealer in pune yesterday and it seems the cheapest variant would cost 7.2 on road. The only petrol variant is the fully loaded one and that would cost a whopping 8.2 on road. Fully loaded TDI would cost 9.2... if thats not enough of bad news ... i was informed that there is no availability till June...

Anyone game for a "super" hatch??

I visited skoda dealer in pune yesterday and it seems the cheapest variant would cost 7.2 on road. The only petrol variant is the fully loaded one and that would cost a whopping 8.2 on road. Fully loaded TDI would cost 9.2... if thats not enough of bad news ... i was informed that there is no availability till June...

Anyone game for a "super" hatch??

It's a Skoda..... remember that

It Comes in varaints 3 varaints in Diesel namely  the Classic , ambiente and Elegence , and i think the toppest variant costs around 9.7 - 10 lakhs on Road Karnataka ( not very sure ) , now i feel its dammn overpriced, though it offers good features and safety features

Cheers!!!

Skoda is living in fool's paradise: courtsey some fool's here. Wish them luck. They make the City value for money and my Elantra - manna from heaven. I don't see any sense in buying this car. What savings are to be had from diesel tech??? I don't know, feel good factor???. I ask people to spend money wisely. After spending this much money on an underpowered diesel hatch: one's got to be absolutely empty in the calvaria to feel good or on drugs or alcohol.

Just got the on road prices of Fabia diesel from a dealer in Bangalore.

Classis--7.5 lacs

Ambiente--8.5 lacs

Elegance--9.05 lacs.

Outrageous!!

I dont know about the petrol, but guess it will be just 50k--60k cheaper than the diesel.

I dont know about the petrol' date=' but guess it will be just 50k--60k cheaper than the diesel.
[/quote']

not so sure..... as far as i know petrol starts from 8 lakhs on wards.... will check up from the dealer tommorrow

The prices were fixed in Euros is it by M/s Skoda by their executives. And perhaps the executives left the venue leaving it to their accountants to calculate them in rupees.

But I like the two tone Fabia displayed by them in red with a white roof. But who's willing to pay up those prices to get the outdated PD diesel engine?

Classis--7.5 lacs
Ambiente--8.5 lacs
Elegance--9.05 lacs.

Outrageous!!

I dont know about the petrol' date=' but guess it will be just 50k--60k cheaper than the diesel.
[/quote']

Ohh dear oh me! thats too pricey , one can get good sedan Diesel cars at this price and why the hell would some one pay for this PD engine and also troublesome Skoda Brand!

Regards,
priya

Classis--7.5 lacs
Ambiente--8.5 lacs
Elegance--9.05 lacs.

Outrageous!!

[/quote']

Where are the dyed in the wool, die hard Skoda fans: Roomy and Roadangel? Probably they are off to book the first Fabia's. What do they have to say about this. Their answer would be: will give a limb to have a Skoda. Let's raise a "soda" to them, and say cheers.

Hype........hype...........more hype, VW hype.......eastern European VW hype. German cars are tough hype, so many hypes so they have the gall to charge Rs.9.05L for Elagance. Don't worry, they will find buyers, meanwhile I will buy a City, Cedia or Civic or Corolla or Emberra or Sonata. Some of us need some substance and quality to justify spending our hard earned money. I would also spend less and buy the Jazz or the Verna or have loads of fun with Getz CRDi. The money I will save, I will invest in some nice alloys and Yokohama rubbers and have fun.