Durango Dude

Skoda Fabia...is very pricey..ya!

i agree with roomy... i also agree that skodas are high on maintainence but as i always say, there is a certain feel in their cars which is absent in others. that tough build and sobre yet high quality interiors...

on the other hand, along with others, even i wont pay 8 lakhs for a 70 bhp diesel engine with tough build quality...!!! but the fabia is for some who needs an efficent engine, needs spacious interiors but without the boot. i wonder how many will skoda find in india...........

If you are biased and ingnore all industry indices and reports, obviously you will see God in the vehicle you drive.

Thanks for the clarification Priya, seems like people jump to conclusion without reading.

The fabia will bite the dust in the Indian market. Eventually Skoda will have to come up with a "cheaper variant" like how they did with the Laura.

I dont understand skoda's logic behind the pricing, considering that the diesel engine in the fabia is not really the best around. Swift and the getz have far better diesel engines.

And for those who talk about build quality and stuff, I think it is a bit over hyped! . Skoda thinks that by including a few gizmos they can get away with this outrageous pricing!

Fabia feel special nice quote but you will really feel special when you realise that you have been looted. They won't launch a cheaper varient as the classic(7.9 onroad) is the most cheapest they can go better off to Verna if you like this diesel .Now I think city Vtec has good value and SX4 as 1 lakhs car with lots of goodies. The elegence is at 9 on road in optra category .One more thing SKODA are FOOLSsmiley36.gif

well skoda sales are not bad..... and that is why i don't think they are fools.... cause at the end of the day it's all about the money.... which they are making adi19912008-01-15 08:35:46

I just wonder why so much fuss. If it is bad and overpriced it will bomb on the market.

Do I see a sense of desire somewhere but at the same time baulking at the price!!

Hey,

everyone here is just voicing out their opinion on skoda fabia being over priced! And that is the topic of this thread in any case.

I dont think anyone wants the fabia that badly! If the fabia was priced same as the swift VDI, with similar features, I would have still gone for the swift owing to its superior diesel engine and excellent service back up in our country.

If you are biased and ingnore all industry indices and reports' date=' obviously you will see God in the vehicle you drive.

Thanks for the clarification Priya, seems like people jump to conclusion without reading.[/quote']

Am I supposed to look at other people's opinions about my car to decide whether I like the car or not? Am I supposed to listen to an opinionated

individual who has probably never driven a Skoda and judge my car according to his ridiculous pronouncements.  I think not! I believe I have enough experience with cars not to listen to advice from some halfwit bent on running down the Skoda VW brand as it does not fit into his scheme of things. And as far as pricing is concerned that is left to the manufacturer to decide at what price he feels his product is worth, and if it sells well at that price I dont see it anybody else's business as to whether someone buys it or not it seems a lot of posts as someone earlier said smell of sour grapes, I suggest that you get back to minding the gates as well as your own business

if you think my argument is futile' date=' why waste your time gurkha?

just 1 thing, japanese are not the only ones who can make good cars, as you are trying to prove this in each and every thread.

now its better we stop this debate because, i am sorry, but you dont have the right attitude.
[/quote']

Like it or not, Japanese right now are current undisputed makes of the most reliable cars so stop your illogical rants.

we need to have a poll on who makes illogical rants o gatekeeper i feel you will win hands down

well roomy it seems like you already have a skoda..... well i have one and i love it more than any other car ...... but let's keep the forum for discussions and not for fights..... though i agree with you that if skoda has put a high price tag on it there must be in it..... it's a super hatch as they say it..... though have not taken a ride on it so will not say more..... here is a link though showing a video on fabia.....

roomy just take a chill pill and enjoy the video

gurkha skoda isn't that bad (almost all octavia costumers are real happy even hormazd love it)....... so atleast let see for a while how does fabia performes on the road as well as in the market before we decide on it's price tag and worth..... (with full respect of your experience)

adi......

Just got the on road prices of Fabia diesel from a dealer in Bangalore.

Classis--7.5 lacs
Ambiente--8.5 lacs
Elegance--9.05 lacs.

Outrageous!!

I dont know about the petrol' date=' but guess it will be just 50k--60k cheaper than the diesel.
[/quote']

Where are the dyed in the wool, die hard Skoda fans: Roomy and Roadangel? Probably they are off to book the first Fabia's. What do they have to say about this. Their answer would be: will give a limb to have a Skoda. Let's raise a "soda" to them, and say cheers.

The dyed in the wool in my case atleast comes from experience. I can tell you I too would like Skoda to price the elegance at 5 lakhs. They feel they can sell the cars at the price that they have quoted let us see what happens.

Hey' date='
everyone here is just voicing out their opinion on skoda fabia being over priced! And that is the topic of this thread in any case.
I dont think anyone wants the fabia that badly! If the fabia was priced same as the swift VDI, with similar features, I would have still gone for the swift owing to its superior diesel engine and excellent service back up in our country.[/quote']

Actually as a matter of fact I had considered buying a Swift VDi with ABS and air bags and it was a choice between that and the 2003 Octavia which I eventually bought at exactly the same price that the a new Swift would have cost me because I wanted that something extra in my car and I feel that I have made the right choice, not that the Swift is a bad car  but I felt the driving pleasure that I got from the Octavia would not be there in the Swift.

first of all, we need to see value for what we pay. and we can see that in Suzuki, Hyundai, Honda and Toyota and certainly not on Skoda. The octavias and Lauras are selling mostly of the fake brand image they have created... blame it on the ignorant consumers too... anyways now consumers are learnt the lesson as i commonly hear the advise to any Fabia admirer to wait for the jazz. so hope Skoda learns the lesson from this or they will have to make a sad exit!

CR doesn't do survey' date=' first get familiar with these ratings and then talk, its obvious you are Skoda fanatic in every sense. VW sells junk period and is rated way lower than Hyundai. The only reason they manage to sell in China is because they were the first to enter the market with the Fox which was made in joint collaboration with a Chinese company. That don't negate the fact that VW has made junk. I have not driven the Fabia in India but your dealer friend has?, thats preposterous in every sense. I don't live in India anyways, so I have not only driven the Fabia, my sister in law owned one for a year till she upgraded to a Toyota Camry for obvious reasons. Since you give the dubious logic that Hyundai hasn't higher numbers of Getz, if going by sales numbers, Maruti is the best vehicle around period. The reason Getz hasn't sold is due to its price, no one in India is willing to spend over 6L in a hatch. This should tell you how great a flop Skoda Fabia will be. The world sales figures and CR reports in US are final authority, so are the words of car magazines there like R&T, C&D etc. When they rave about Skoda or VW Golf which is the equivalent sold in US, then come back and do the Aarti that you are doing in Skoda currently.

There is no sense in raving about Fabia, if it was a world beater, Toyota and Honda would be shivering in their shoes by the global sales numbers, obviously you are hooked on Skoda and your vision is clouded to see the marketing nightmare of a 7.5L hatch. In that case Chevy had a hot hatch in India in the 6L bracket which looked nice but due to the high price, failed miserably. Its totally hopeless to discuss with a person who fails to see logic. Looks like Skoda is the only vehicle you have been exposed to.

Lastly check the meaning of racism, its hatred of people based on race as reflected by the comments left on the Scorpio test, I am not condemning the Eastern Europeans people in general, just the stuff they are making currently so stop taking a holier than thou attitude on this regard. Need I remind you of Lada, Yugo, Trabant etc.

[/quote']

btw do you live in India or dont you, please clarify as in this post you say you do not but your location in your profile shows India pray enlighten us. Also are you with the rest of us in 2008 or are you stuck in some time warp of the 70s and 80s with examples such as Lada Yugo Trabant etc. What was the reason for your sister in law changing from the Fabia to the camry a jump of 2 levels was it because she was sick of being  bamboozled by you with your anti skoda rants

first of all' date=' we need to see value for what we pay. and we can see that in Suzuki, Hyundai, Honda and Toyota and certainly not on Skoda. The octavias and Lauras are selling mostly of the fake brand image they have created... blame it on the ignorant consumers too... anyways now consumers are learnt the lesson as i commonly hear the advise to any Fabia admirer to wait for the jazz. so hope Skoda learns the lesson from this or they will have to make a sad exit!

[/quote']

well i don't think they have a fake brand name..... and skoda isn't that bad... well the main reason skoda sells is that they have no competiton

diesel car in the range 10-12 lakhs???---- octavia only

diesel sedan in the range 13-17lakhs???----- laura only

diesel sedan in the range 18-23laks???---- superb only

same goes for VWs diesel sedan in the range 23-27???---- passat only

so you see.... and that is why the most famous car of skoda is the skoda octavia 1.9 Tdi diesel............ i don't know about laura... superb... fabia..or passat yet.... but as a owner of a skoda octavia for more than 2 years... it's a awesome car

adi19912008-01-15 17:30:51

Defination of awesome car for me

Before I add the word awesome to a car i see the following factors:-

1. Good engine..... With good mileage... and a reliable one

2. Good gear box.... very important

3. All the other stuff under the bonnet....

4. Overall built of the car.... including styling... structure...

Shape... dimensions.... space....

5. Reliability of the car as a whole..... Specially with the electricals..

And other problems which can cause a problem and a breakdown....

Reliability of the company

Have you done 500,000+ miles with a Skoda or seen one yet, if so, please come back and report. Till then I suggest going through www.myvwlemon.com You will see the Skoda/VW platform is rated by experts with knowledge as among the least reliable.

I got 2 Octavia's in the family and am gonna be adding a Fabia to the stable very soon.

What I have to say to the hater's( and there are a lot out there) is this.. if you don't like a particular manufacturer, make, model, variant etc etc.. does not mean that the rest of the world has to toe your line.. thats the beauty of choice..what works for you may not work for someone else.

So.. let's just leave it at that shall we..

Cheers

Zavo

Not at all Mr Gurkha..

Your reading more into my post than there is..angling for an argument methinks which very frankly I'm not going to get into.

After all opinions are like A**HOLES.. everyone's got 2.

Enjoy.

Zavo2008-01-16 05:46:42

Not at all Mr Gurkha..

Your reading more into my post than there is..angling for an argument methinks which very frankly I'm not going to get into.

After all opinions are like A**HOLES.. everyone's got 2.

Enjoy.

?

So true, well demonstrated. smiley1.gif

Skoda fabia pricey. Yes it may be a bit pricey but not exorbitant if you compare the features it provides.

Heres a comparison of Fabia elegance with the Hyundai Verna Xxi
1.6 VTVT MT and Maruti SX4 ZX 1.6 MT.

1. Fabia has more legroom than the verna and similar to that of SX4

2. Rear parking sensors standard

3. Heateed OVRMs (very useful in winter)

4. reach adjustable steering wheel

5. Parktronic display

6. Electric sunroof ( I think aftermarket fitment for this may cost more than 50K dependiong on the model)

7. ABS and airbags standard

At the end its a fact that its positioned as a premium hatchback.

Chill guys,

I think all of us have a right to voice our opinion in this forum, so no hassles! If some of us think that the fabia is not worth its price, then so be it.

And if other think that the fabia is damn good, they are welcome to go ahead and buy one.

I'm sure after an year or so, we should be able to get better feedback in the market about the fabia, if it is worth the money and also about the ownership experience.

Cheers,

Sujith