Durango Dude

Skoda Fabia...is very pricey..ya!

Have you done 500' date='000+ miles with a Skoda or seen one yet, if so, please come back and report. Till then I suggest going through www.myvwlemon.com You will see the Skoda/VW platform is rated by experts with knowledge as among the least reliable.[/quote']

well on myvwlemon all i see is VWs complaints no skoda complaint and definately no octavia's complaint....... rememver though VWs is the main brand but skoda is still a different company.....

on your 500k miles(not to mention miles and not km so if you convert it, it's even larger)..... i havn't seen that on any of my cars..... the max was my 800 with 100,000Km+ smiley36.gif......

Not at all Mr Gurkha..

Your reading more into my post than there is..angling for an argument methinks which very frankly I'm not going to get into.

After all opinions are like A**HOLES.. everyone's got 2.

Enjoy.

So true' date=' well demonstrated. smiley1.gif [/quote']

Right back atcha.

smiley32.gif

EDIT>
Would love to know the mileage on your cars.
Zavo2008-01-16 06:07:21

oh yes definetly there are octavias that have done more than 500000 .

In fact I remember of reading one article in not sure whether it was in Autocar or Overdrive but it showed pictures of Skoda octavias odometer with more than 500000 on it. these were octavias running as taxis in Israel. 

Let me find the issue and I can scan the pages.

In fact I remember of reading one article in not sure whether it was in Autocar or Overdrive but it showed pictures of Skoda octavias odometer with more than 500000 on it. these were octavias running as taxis in Israel. 

you sure it was 500k miles and not 500k Km and it makes a lot of difference

1 miles = 1.609344 kilometers

Was that on original engine?

well skoda makes real good diesel engine....... and you can't fight about that bring your exp. in as this one came from my dad.... who is a car crazy persons and has lotzzzzzzzzzzzzz of exp.... well he was in eme(army)... smiley2.gif

and ya check these out for reliablility of octavia.....

Have you looked at Skoda's reliability record? VAG engineering has really done them the world of good. If you look at the JD Power survey, the Octavia is the highest placed non-Japanese car - http://www.whatcar.com/News_SpecialR...&EL_ID=3061018 and Skoda won the Silver award - http://www.whatcar.com/News_SpecialR...&EL_ID=3060975

There are quite a few German engineered vehicles reaching high positions:

4. Skoda Octavia.
7. Skoda Fabia.
8. BMW 5-Series.
14. BMW 3-Series.
21. Audi A4.
25. Audi A2.

The Japanese are rated higher overall and by miles, not only on whatcar but also on more objective and scientific CR. Have you cared to check VW's horror stories on the site I mentioned, all those reports are backed by documents and court hearings? Or the rating of BMW as well as sadly my ex favorite MB's position as per reliability factor across the globe? For the price German cars charge, its only brand naming and perception.

As for your father being at EME, with due respect to your father, pray tell me how does he come to this conclusion from a scientific point of view? Has your dad ever built an engine or raced or for that matter worked for any major automaker? I have a Jonga as you can see from the signature. While at Jabalpur factory, I would hear horror stories about EME engineers destroying brand new Stallions and Jonga due to their ineptitude, this in no way is an attack on your father, he probably has enough knowledge due to his enthusiasm but to say he is the only experienced person here fit to make judgement over other persons is kind of immature. VW has poor ratings in US due to the myriads of reliability issues faced by loyal VW owners. From the famous Beetle which had a cult like following from the 70s hippie era, VW slowly and steadily lost all their loyal customer base to the Japanese and the only reason they did so is because of their extremely poor quality. As a ex VW GTi 16v owner who successfully sued VW USA under lemon law and won compensation along with many others, I would say Skoda/VW has a long way to go till they win the actual consumer confidence. Lastly What Car is based in highly protected and biased Euro market where Japanese cars are heavily taxed and European brands outsell Japanese due to that and other prejudices. The fact that Honda, Toyota et al still manages to be on top despite the odds speaks for itself.

The Japanese are rated higher overall and by miles' date=' not only on whatcar but also on more objective and scientific CR. Have you cared to check VW's horror stories on the site I mentioned, all those reports are backed by documents and court hearings? Or the rating of BMW as well as sadly my ex favorite MB's position as per reliability factor across the globe? For the price German cars charge, its only brand naming and perception.

As for your father being at EME, with due respect to your father, pray tell me how does he come to this conclusion from a scientific point of view? Has your dad ever built an engine or raced or for that matter worked for any major automaker? I have a Jonga as you can see from the signature. While at Jabalpur factory, I would hear horror stories about EME engineers destroying brand new Stallions and Jonga due to their ineptitude, this in no way is an attack on your father, he probably has enough knowledge due to his enthusiasm but to say he is the only experienced person here fit to make judgement over other persons is kind of immature. VW has poor ratings in US due to the myriads of reliability issues faced by loyal VW owners. From the famous Beetle which had a cult like following from the 70s hippie era, VW slowly and steadily lost all their loyal customer base to the Japanese and the only reason they did so is because of their extremely poor quality. As a ex VW GTi 16v owner who successfully sued VW USA under lemon law and won compensation along with many others, I would say Skoda/VW has a long way to go till they win the actual consumer confidence. Lastly What Car is based in highly protected and biased Euro market where Japanese cars are heavily taxed and European brands outsell Japanese due to that and other prejudices. The fact that Honda, Toyota et al still manages to be on top despite the odds speaks for itself.[/quote']

first i would remind you again we are talking of skoda not VWs (myvwlemon is all about VW)..... though VW owns skoda they are still two different companies..... and ya about my dad he was head of the workshop..... test ride came into the army and he was the one to decided weather to take the car or not.... he knows each and every part of a car by heart..... and for that can assemble a diesel engine with his eyes closed...... and he knows the old skoda tank engine real well and this is what makes him say that they have beautiful engines...... he has seen a octavia's engine up close too... and as per him it's a rel fine engine....... 

The Skoda fabia Diesel is the PD TDi engine , and was amazed to see that such a car with so good equipments and high pricing has only 68 BHP 3 cylinder , SOHC , means altogether 6 Valves.

there are varaints calles Base model = Active , then comes the classic , the ambiente and Elegence , only elegence comes with projector lamps

Cheers!!!

Skoda is based on VW engine and platform so the problems at myvwlemon applies. Skoda engine used in the current Skoda is all VW and has no bearing to the so called tank engine that Skoda made. So let me ask you again, as per your father, what technical aspect makes this VW/Skoda engine fine, is it superior like the venerable OM616/617 from MB? Is it legendary like the Toyota 2C or 1C or the Honda NSX engine? Can it be used in multi environment like the HINO W04D?

Lastly do upgrade your tank knowledge, if you are referring to WW-II, it was Germans who made the best tank and engines period, none other came close.

Its still about your favorite Skoda so it has not gone to the dogs yet.

So you are telling me that the Germans were buying Skoda engines in black? Thats horse puckey for sure.

Yes it was in ACI only a white octiva I remember.

It was a Taxi in Israel or Palestine or some place like that.

EDIT> Hormazd (325i) can clarify this.. he actually took the cab when he was there.

Zavo2008-01-16 07:47:43

Hahahaaa!! nice reading the debate really enjoyed it I think Gurkha is facing good debaters here. Now talking about Fabia What are the specs of Active model .Never heard of this model before and tell me its price.

@gurkha    k i was not that clear so "sorry".... k k i said it.... now listen to the real crossed check stuff......

post independence importing cars & parts were banned so what people used to do is summugle them in boats.... or bring them in as scrap..... now skoda, isuzu, merc engines were a some which were smuggeled in.... with skoda being quite famous.....

worldwide the skoda made tank engines and not tanks..... but they do made cars even then.... which were considered one of the most solid cars..... skoda was also famous in heavy towing trucks (the one towing tanks and all and heavy vehicles)......  they were in competion with MAN and tator(or something like that) and they made these heavy engines too.....

skoda originally was from czech republic but was closed down later and latter bought by VW.....

It was a Taxi in Israel or Palestine or some place like that.

EDIT> Hormazd (325i) can clarify this.. he actually took the cab when he was there.

It was indeed an Israeli Taxi. A swallow does not make summer.

Welcome back Zavo, we have been missing you.

I think this thread is getting too far off track - After all it is Skoda Fabia - Too Pricey!

Gentlemen, can we come back!

@gurkha    k i was not that clear so "sorry".... k k i said it.... now listen to the real crossed check stuff......

?

post independence importing cars & parts were banned so what people used to do is summugle them in boats.... or bring them in as scrap..... now skoda' date=' isuzu, merc engines were a some which were smuggeled in.... with skoda being quite famous.....

?

worldwide the skoda made tank engines and not tanks..... but they do made cars even then.... which were considered one of the most solid cars..... skoda was also famous in heavy towing trucks (the one towing tanks and all and heavy vehicles)......? they were in competion with MAN and tator(or something like that) and they made these heavy engines too.....

?

skoda originally was from?czech republic but was closed down later and latter bought by VW.....
[/quote']

Before going back to the subject some clarifications are needed here and this is my last take on this. Skoda made Panzer tank engine with Czechkosovakia under German occupation. Also the imported diesel engines from Middle East was invariable Toyota and then Isuzu and Daihatsu 3 cylinder, I never saw any other brands in Mubai and Chennai where they have the wholesale market for these engines.

I haven't driven or owned any Skoda, but I think Skoda has got the pricing wrong for Fabia.And its not a car that can sell just by the brand name.

With some more hatchbacks expected in the market, Skoda has to relook at their strategy.

It was indeed an Israeli Taxi. A swallow does not make summer.

Welcome back Zavo' date=' we have been missing you.

I think this thread is getting too far off track - After all it is Skoda Fabia - Too Pricey!

Gentlemen, can we come back!
[/quote']

Thank you SG..

I have one more thing to say.. The Skoda "HATERS" here( and we all know who they are) keep harping on and on and on about this being sh*tty and that being sh*tty about the car.. I guess they have so much time on their hands coz they really don't enjoy driving their cars as much as the Skoda owner's do..

You don't hear the owner's of Skoda's going on and on and on about how nice the car is and how every time they drive it they have a big grin on their faces..smiley17.gif

Does this not tell you something??

Cheers

Zavo.