Durango Dude

Skoda Fabia...is very pricey..ya!

@Zavo you are right some small problems are there in every car but the owners just don't keep on saying this is not good or that is not reliable and say "I Wish I Had Bought Some Jap Car They Are Very Reliable"smiley36.gif

Ok now lets continue this thread to find out whats the market feels about the Fabia

1) the expected sales was 1200 units per month which am sure has not been met yet

2) Very less cars seen on the roads, i have seen only two so far in Bangalore

Yet to be Discussed:

Owner's review and sales after a quarter from launch

Harry, I guess you got buggerall else to do but to browse this forum and dig up threads that rant on and on about Skoda.. try getting a life will ya.

Harry i dont know about bangalore but there are too too many fabias seen daily in my city and i can guess that daily average 1or2 fabia is being sold here...1st all fabias were with alloys n some were with sunroofs but now even fabias with wheelcaps/hubcaps it means the lower end model is launched..I belong to SURAT,Gujarat...Here all people are fond of cars they just wait for some new model to launched even daily i see 1 or 2 brand new swift petrol/diesel with new lights...now from every 3 or 4 swifts 1is with new lights...So i think people are liking Fabias here...

Even when Fiesta was launched the dealer of Surat was newly opened(being old dealer tired of poor sales of IKON was closed down) and had sold highest number of fiestas in whole India...It was appreciated by ford itself...

Harry' date=' I guess you got buggerall else to do but to browse this forum and dig up threads that rant on and on about Skoda.. try getting a life will ya.

[/quote']

thanks for your advise on my life awakening tips Mr Zavo.... it seems when you fail to add any sensible point to support your love Skoda, you will blame others on writing negatives about Skoda, but this *cheap and silly* strategy of yours has failed again and it will.. so dont try this anymore and think abt any logical point to write here and stop commenting abt life of skoda critics...

infact we all know how to "get a life" and if at all required we will request for your advise philiospoher... School Salute!!!
harryccc2008-03-17 08:58:58

Harry i dont know about bangalore but there are too too many fabias seen daily in my city and i can guess that daily average 1or2 fabia is being sold here...1st all fabias were with alloys n some were with sunroofs but now even fabias with wheelcaps/hubcaps it means the lower end model is launched..I belong to SURAT' date='Gujarat...Here all people are fond of cars they just wait for some new model to launched even daily i see 1 or 2 brand new swift petrol/diesel with new lights...now from every 3 or 4 swifts 1is with new lights...So i think people are liking Fabias here...[/quote']

Ok well and good, so Good for you people in Surat! but even if what you have mentioned is true, Surat is just a tiny part of our country and lets see what response we get from other cities....

any Fabia owner yet to put up a review?

Probably all the Fabia owners are scratching their scalps at what made them go in for "underpowered / overpriced" : Mother of all hatches. Sitting around in a bar is some smiley10.gifsmiley10.gifsmiley10.gifsmiley10.gifsmiley10.gif hotel drowning their sorrows in 'Whiskey and Skoda oops Soda'. Just imagine even if you floor it, you wont be able to catch that 'autowallah' in full throttle, all this after spending Rs. 9 lakhs almost OTR. Probably the Skoda just 'wafts' you around, close your eyes and think of it as a mini Roller.

any Fabia owner yet to put up a review?

Probably all the Fabia owners are scratching their scalps at what made them go in for "underpowered / overpriced" : Mother of all hatches. Sitting around in a bar is some smiley10.gifsmiley10.gifsmiley10.gifsmiley10.gifsmiley10.gif hotel drowning their sorrows in 'Whiskey and Skoda oops Soda'. Just imagine even if you floor it' date=' you wont be able to catch that 'autowallah' in full throttle, all this after spending Rs. 9 lakhs almost OTR. Probably the Skoda just 'wafts' you around, close your eyes and think of it as a mini Roller.[/quote']

and after all the whiskey and s*k*oda, the owners will still say others to get a life!!!

Hey members I havenoticed one thing of Fabia if some one has ACi march issue the 1.4lt petrol fabia .In the pics look at the belly isn't it irregular or was it offroading or may be Skoda here is again obsessed come on it is the belly scraped .155mm is the Damm GC .Give me one good reason to buy this one. Its the best hatch for the unwise richs.

I don't know what they were thinking when they decided the engines for the Fabia. A car so expensive and such less power, the guys must have thought "Indians are FE crazy and they do not care about power, just add a lot of cosmetics and goodies"

I was looking forward to the Fabia expecting decent power atleast but this is ridiculous! For 5.5 lakhs you get a Palio with 100 horses and basic goodies.

@ DD: Your posts were hilarious! :)

Hey guys,

Wat i'm going to say might attract a lot of criticism but i am trying

to be as objective as i can be. I want to add a disclaimer that I've

never experienced a Skoda and i am indifferent to that brand.

I 've seen a lot of posts on how Skoda is cheating posing as a luxury

brand and demanding a premium on its products spares and at the same

time providing lousy service. First and foremost, Skoda has decided to

position itself as a luxury brand in India and it is completely its

choice. We seriously don't have any right to question its logic. If

some one thinks that it is not a luxury product then they should not

buy that; it's as simple as that. Agreed that Skoda is not a legendary

name in automotive world but c'mon Mercedes wasn't built as a brand in

one day!!!!

If you talk abt expensive spares, why hasn't anyone complained abt

Merc's spares??? I think that answers that part. It's a 'luxury' brand

and it wants to charge a premium on its spares. It's like sell the

razor cheap and make money on the blades. If you think they are out of

your reach then don't buy them. It's a companies business model and is

definitely not cheating.

Then shoddy service; the company is not living upto its 'Luxury' image

and is not delivering on that front.  If this continues then 

market will decide the fate of Skoda....

Bottom line is it's a brand which has been promoted  saying that

it has some 'values'. If it really has them then it will succeed else

will fail in the market.   

Ppl just rant about the Fabia being underpowered...surprisingly i

haven't heard ppl saying the same abt the Fiesta which infact is a

horse down on the Skoda smiley36.gif......

PS: Count till 10 before pouncing on me... smiley2.gif

@romeo

Didn't have to count till 10 'cause I agree with you smiley1.gif

Its the company's choice of how they want to project their image. Ferrari has made it clear that they're not interested in the mass market. They want their brand to be exclusive to the niche customers and hence follow the approach of manufacturing in limited quantities.

If Skoda chooses to be a luxury brand its their choice.

Eventually its the market which decides whether Skoda really deserves the luxury treatment, and going by the current sales of Skoda it does seem that they wont be losing their luxury brand image anytime soon.

P.S: I've also never driven a Skoda and indifferent to the brand

I was looking forward to the Fabia expecting decent power atleast but this is ridiculous! For 5.5 lakhs you get a Palio with 100 horses and basic goodies.

You also get no resale value which shows the unattractiveness of the palio among a host of other shortcomings

Talking of Skoda, Merc and Ferrari in the same breath; hope guys have brushed with "Close Up" and gargled with 'Listerine'. Skoda is the biggest 'pretender' in the Indian auto market; and the dealers are having a field day shortchanging us Indians. Spare me the "Bovine Skatology", about marketing and product placement...

Talking of Skoda' date=' Merc and Ferrari in the same breath; hope guys have brushed with "Close Up" and gargled with 'Listerine'. Skoda is the biggest 'pretender' in the Indian auto market; and the dealers are having a field day shortchanging us Indians. Spare me the "Bovine Skatology", about marketing and product placement...

[/quote']

hahaha!!!! absolutely true!!! cheers DD

Talking of Skoda, Merc and Ferrari in the same breath; hope guys have brushed with "Close Up" and gargled with 'Listerine'. Skoda is the biggest 'pretender' in the Indian auto market; and the dealers are having a field day shortchanging us Indians. Spare me the "Bovine Skatology", about marketing and product placement...

Have you ever owned or driven a Skoda?

Talking of Skoda' date=' Merc and Ferrari in the same breath; hope guys have brushed with "Close Up" and gargled with 'Listerine'. Skoda is the biggest 'pretender' in the Indian auto market; and the dealers are having a field day shortchanging us Indians. Spare me the "Bovine Skatology", about marketing and product placement...

Have you ever owned or driven a Skoda?[/quote']

again a case of common sense loss.... if someone has proved that snakes bite, will you touch a snake's head???

Skoda's reliability has been proved to be worthless(refer to the clutch plate thread for a proven example) and will you expect us to drive one, forget about owning one
harryccc2008-03-22 12:23:51