Durango Dude

Skoda Fabia...is very pricey..ya!

Clutch wear depends on how a person drives' date=' btw what do you drive?[/quote']

the essence of someone's knowledge doesnt come from what he owns but it comes from his passion and interest. if you are rich and owning a Skoda let you be... if i had the money to buy a Skoda, i will prefer not to, since my passion of cars and Common sense has taught me what to buy for that money...

my suggestion, dont try to judge a person's knowledge by what he owns but what he knows...

Talking of Skoda' date=' Merc and Ferrari in the same

breath; hope guys have brushed with "Close Up" and gargled

with 'Listerine'. Skoda is the biggest 'pretender' in the Indian auto

market; and the dealers are having a field day shortchanging us

Indians. Spare me the "Bovine Skatology", about marketing and

product placement...

[/quote']

Frankly, i cudn't have expected anything better from you

guys.....  those words in 'quotes' is wat your head is filled

with!!!!

Clutch wear depends on how a person drives' date=' btw what do you drive?[/quote']

the essence of someone's knowledge doesnt come from what he owns but it comes from his passion and interest. if you are rich and owning a Skoda let you be... if i had the money to buy a Skoda, i will prefer not to, since my passion of cars and Common sense has taught me what to buy for that money...

my suggestion, dont try to judge a person's knowledge by what he owns but what he knows...

Why are you confusing issues I am not talking about wealth here I want to understand where all this skoda bashing comes from does it have any experience behind it or just saying things for the sake of increasing ones posts or some other ridiculous reason. I would  respect what opinions someone has if it comes from personal experience and not conjecture so I suggest you critcise things when you have some knowledge not fantasies 

Talking of Skoda' date=' Merc and Ferrari in the same breath; hope guys have brushed with "Close Up" and gargled with 'Listerine'. Skoda is the biggest 'pretender' in the Indian auto market; and the dealers are having a field day shortchanging us Indians. Spare me the "Bovine Skatology", about marketing and product placement...

[/quote']

Frankly, i cudn't have expected anything better from you guys.....  those words in 'quotes' is wat your head is filled with!!!!

am not surprised to see that brains fried Skoda owners cant write something on their own and its like the kids game of " Same to You " smiley36.gif

You also get no resale value which shows the unattractiveness of the palio among a host of other shortcomings

First let me clear up that this is only about the FABIA and not SKODA generally!

Roomy, so you think that the Fabia will have good resale value? I don't think so at all, looking at its price points and current sales. Second, every car has its shortcomings but you do not buy a car for that.

Btw, I also own an Octavia and am very happy and satisfied with it! Zilch problems to date, just get it routinely serviced, thats all Mash_ll_h! None of the issue's or problems mentioned in this forum have happened, thank GOD.

Why are you confusing issues I am not talking about wealth here I want to understand where all this skoda bashing comes from does it have any experience behind it or just saying things for the sake of increasing ones posts or some other ridiculous reason. I would  respect what opinions someone has if it comes from personal experience and not conjecture so I suggest you critcise things when you have some knowledge not fantasies 

I dont think i am the one confused here! first of all, i dont want to increase the count of posts from which i dont get an award.... secondly i have driven almost all the cars that are on Indian Roads till date including Skodas and as a matter of fact my knowledge of Skodas doesnt come from only what i read but also from what i see, since very few of colleagues and friends own Skodas but few of them dont anymore. i dont achieve anything standing against Skoda for fantasies, i have got a better lot of them smiley2.gif... but honestly my point is Skodas dont have to be so expensive for their sort of reliability and service, they are expensive only in India which hurts me even more... even if its not for the little i know of cars, my finance knowledge doesnt let me think or agree otherwise!

All cars are more expensive here than in most places in the world and that has more to do with gov. levies than manufacturers. I am a bit confused because in another post you say you 'do not know skoda etc' all this appears very confusing

All cars are more expensive here than in most places in the world and that has more to do with gov. levies than manufacturers. I am a bit confused because in another post you say you 'do not know skoda etc' all this appears very confusing

i said i dont own a Skoda but am not suprised that you are a Skoda owner and confused, take some time to relax buddy!

its a fact that skodas are expesnsive than their equivalents from other brands known to all and again am not surprised that you dont know this Skoda owner.

Your statements remind me of politicians saying things and then denying having said them, please go over them again to refresh your memory. You really should read your  posts properly before posting as it is a bit confusing trying to fathom what you actually mean with all the contradictions, spelling mistakes and poor grammar etc.

i agree, i had actually intended to say I dont own a Skoda but i have typed I dont know a Skoda.... my mistake! am not a politician! i dont agree that my posts are filled with spelling and grammar errors (you dont use "mistakes" for grammar and spelling rather say "errors"). anyways relax man, that doesnt matter coz when you type you generally make some mistakes, i think its ok if the readers are able to understand what you meanharryccc2008-03-22 14:41:22

i agree to harry over the fact that skodas are never known for their reliability.

and roomy, this one is by experience, no offence meant...!

and also, skodas do price their cars on the higher side n most ridiculous was the fabia...! i test drove the fabia and found the swift diesel as a much better car overall without even considering the 3 lakh price difference.

There could be  reasons for the higher price such as lower volumes higher import content etc. Reliability has a lot to do with how a car is looked after serviced driven etc. 

There could be  reasons for the higher price such as lower volumes higher import content etc. Reliability has a lot to do with how a car is looked after serviced driven etc. 

"lower volumes higher import content" has nothing to do with me, it is th manufacturer's headache. as a consumer, i'll look for those who gives me the best product at the cheapest rate. why should i buy an octavia when i am getteing a better car like civic at a cheaper rate? cos skoda has "lower volumes higher import content"... am i right?

also, the reliabilty factor i mentioned was in comparison to my other cars. the octavia is prone to trouble. also, my neighbour's case is an example i can vouch for.

I considered Skoda when I changed my car some two and half years ago. I had the choice of the Octavia, Corolla and Elantra. The Corolla was overpiced and so was the Octy. Only Elantra offered all the goodies at an honest price. And it was the most refined of the lot. Though I could extend my budget; I bought the Elantra 'cause it fitted my needs to the tee, and also I had excellent service backup and warranty. Till date I have had no regrets and to hell with residual value. With my sparse running I'd keep this car for a very long time. Had Civic been there at that time it would have been my choice.It came a little too late for me. But Elantra with the 185 mm ground clearance takes care of the favorite gripe of Civic owners...in retrospect: No Regrets...I don't believe in splurging hard earned money on snob value...

Elantra is a VFM but the design and rescale value concern people .A good facelift and dash change will make it more better .Also according to many editors they say that Hyundai has a problem going upmarket which makes people ignore it.

Elantra is a VFM but the design and rescale value concern people .A good facelift and dash change will make it more better .Also according to many editors they say that Hyundai has a problem going upmarket which makes people ignore it.

Probably, that's what makes it VFM; The Elantra dash is much more refined than the Optra dash, in fact I like it, I agree with you on the exterior design though, which is wishy-washy. The steering and gear knob are leather lined and have weathered the 2.5 years quiet nicely, when it was with me. I think Hyundai must create a company on the lines of Lexus and Acura and give it free reins and an independent image and push their D segment cars, thru'. I also have named the company: Zeus. Suzuki so far hasn't had a problem because it doesn't have a D segment. It's also facing an up hill task trying to sell its Grand Vitara. My brother lives in the US and he says: "I don't want to be found dead in a Grand Vitara, nope": such is the image Suzuki has abroad. No wonder Suzuki Japan is looking to Maruti to work it's magic globally  Durango Dude2008-03-23 12:17:44

Well atleast it has customer satisfaction .Do you like the low seating and odd aircons it makes me fell sick.

Im driver cum owner soo I don't get to experience the low back seat at all. The auto aircon is quiet good, why does it make you feel sick? My Elantra GLS has a cabin airquality sensor that deodorises the car,too.

Well atleast it has customer satisfaction .Do you like the

low seating and odd aircons it makes me fell sick.

I don't know why it should make you sick. The overall interior design

is nice and the purple back lit looks really cool at night. My thought

process was exactly the same as Durango.. when i bought my Elantra

CRDi.... it's got superb performance and at the same time is refined

and economical....haven't had any problems watsoever till now (have run

nearly 50k) and its ride quality and grnd clearance (188 mm) are all

first rate smiley20.gif

Sorry for going off topic but i really love my Elantra smiley4.gif

And yeah.... Skoda Fabia is Pricey.... too pricey infact....

Well atleast it has customer satisfaction .Do you like the low seating and odd aircons it makes me fell sick.

Im driver cum owner soo I don't get to experience the low back seat at all. The auto aircon is quiet good' date=' why does it make you feel sick? My Elantra GLS has a cabin airquality sensor that deodorises the car,too.
[/quote'] I mean to say the design of aircon its fiddly to use and resembles the Scorpio that why .

Just got back from a trip to Goa with the Octavia covered over 1200 kms not a small hint of a problem did not open bonnet had a great drive over 130kph on the expressway car gave me immense confidence even at that speed.Also car has enough  power to make difficult overtaking situations easy. Terrific fuel economy and range 23+kpl. Did the same trip in dec/jan same observations. This is why I like the Skoda/VW brand and think they are worth paying more for. My next car that I would like to replace this one with would be an Octavia L&K as I would like the HID lights and ABS.