dr_nishu

Navigation/GPS System for New Dzire ZDi

Very soon, I'm doing to take the delivery of All New DZire ZDi.

Generally, ZDi variant is already loaded with Good sounding ICE, Steering mounted audio controls & other Electrical features.

But still I wish to retrofit some other accessories like;

-GPS Navigation System

Windshield mounted one will be a preferred choice.

I'm not much aware of it, its brands, etc. So please give the complete details about it, including estimated price.

-Rear Parking Sensors.

Which one are better ??

I'm keen on sensors with Audible beep only but Dad is insisting on Audible with Distance info telling screen.

Please suggest the appropriate ones & other essential accessories which are needed in it.

congratulations buddy for your new car.

i have a map my india vx240 gps navigator since jan 2012.(just see all features on mmi website)it gets mounted on front windshield easily,very good and neat in performance.it also has reverse camera support,and i bought a reverse camera and it is connected to it and working nicely.the whole setup along with fitting charges cost was 17000 rs, (14,500(navigator)+1500(rev.cam)+1000(fitting of reverse cam) in jan,(probably less now).

it has almost everything that you need and never disappoints.i have gone to delhi,rajasthan and few places in lucknow till now and i am pretty satisfied with the performance,but two things you must remember that the path it shows is never 100% correct and you have to act sensibly while using it,and the second thing is when you connect its voice output to your music system then the sound quality is poor.(it has a inbuilt speaker too,which is o.k.)

parking sensors i don't needed as i had a rev.cam.

hope this help you.

Thanks goenka.

Snapdeal really offers good deals for car accessories.

Also I would like to mention If you have a smart phone with GPS it works equally well. Why not utilize power of your existing device

Yes. But Dad wants dedicated unit for car itself, as using one device(smartphone) for multiple use isn't good either.

Also, I think GPS system comes with more detailed content & lifetime subscription, whereas the story with Smartphone is bit different.

That's good goenka.

Apple(i-phone) with taste of so many fruits. smiley4.gif

Just kidding.

Actually, I've also tried Navigation many times on my SAMSUNG Galaxy also, but its not always that I'm having the Internet subscription on, as USB-Dongle serves the purpose on my lappy.

Also, I don't use my cellphones for not many purpose, as it makes it to Run out of battery at the time when needed.

So, exploring other options.

Map my India

Haha it truly is apple with tase of many fruits..

GPS does not depend on Internet, a fact which 90 % of users are unaware of.

It work independently however if we have internet you may be able to enhance the capability of GPS device by searching online.

GPS does not depend on Internet' date=' a fact which 90 % of users are unaware of.

It work independently however if we have internet you may be able to enhance the capability of GPS device by searching online.[/quote']

Yes you're right.

But not all devices(pardon Apple, GS-III, etc) have the maps of all the places into it.

So, Internet is needed to update the local maps & personal Location.

So, to avoid such complication, I'm keen on dedicated GPS-Navigation device.

@ doctor

It should be a standalone device no question about it.

I would suggest a new AVN with builtin support for Reverse Parking camera , i like the idea as it is less of clutter close to 35-40K and packs it in all.Even though the one in Dzire is a high end one , i dont thing it displays any other information aka MID so change it if you will.

If thats not feasible , for reverse parking get a bluetooth one that mounts on your existing IRVM  around 7-14 K , with 7 Inch Screen

The beeping ones are the cheapest 3-5K max.

@goenka

+1 

Edited: Lot of misspells 
librankur2012-06-09 09:24:04

A dedicated GPS device is obviously the best..

Bro its not about the device, be it apple android,GS3 if loaded with proper software with all India map it will not need internet.

Internet is not used to determine Location, a small GPS chip integrated in the cell phone connects to to satellite to get your location, to assist this cell phone tower locations are used as it makes the process quicker.

I suggest you take a MapMyIndia device. I have been using it for the last 2 years. It is the best product out there with regard to updates to the maps and software. I found it extremely useful whenever I went to Tamil Nadu. It takes you, always, to the exact location and destination. It is always a part of my Xylo whenever it is out of Tirupati. Strongly suggested.

@rameshbabu;

I guess, you're using Windshield mounted display type device for your Xylo.

What was its estimated cost when you bought that device ??

Can you please share the pics of the device, mounted in your car.

With google and nokia lining up to give us offline maps, I don't see a point in buying a dedicated GPS device.

My LG optimus already have an offline map service, will let you know it's name soon. Buy some cheap yet bigger screened android mobile and use offline maps. Some LG L3 or LG L6 model is available around 6.5k.

Regarding reverse sensors, IMHO, in a CS it should be easily managed without it. Those sensors are never 100%, the normal way of looking behind is far better.

@BALA I suggested the same but he strictly needs a dedicated unit.

I think if you will use it occasionally then you may go for a moblie Gps, but for regular use dedicated gps is must

Yes. But Dad wants dedicated unit for car itself' date=' as using one device(smartphone) for multiple use isn't good either.

Also, I think GPS system comes with more detailed content & lifetime subscription, whereas the story with Smartphone is bit different.[/quote']

Lets keep it simple:

Map My India Aura: Costs money but you can use if offline.Limited to India

Nokia Maps : Free.Works globally and needs broadband connectivity , still talks miles, not km

Google Maps: Free, but could run up your roaming charges.

Source: HT

Edited: Left out source
librankur2012-06-12 04:58:45

Dedicated unit for MapmyIndia can be found in this website

I would suggest you to go for this navigator

because it has bluetooth which comes very handy because Swift HU doesn't have one . It retails around  10k in local market so  shop around and try to buy it from MaymyIndia exhibitions in various malls (there you get 35% discounted price.)