fuzz123

petrol or diesel

im looking at the new verna fluidic crdi 1.6 but am still confused whether to buy a petrol or diesel. there is a 2 lakh price difference and my driving is not more than 10,000 km a year.

also im looking to keep the car for at least 5 years, wanted to make sure the diesel car wont give any heavy maintenance.

Though Hyundai offers very strong and reliable diesel engines, go for petrol. The cost difference between petrol and diesel is also very high.

Also Govt is under pressure to increase price of diesel and it's a shock that the diesel owner vehicles may get soon.

Maintenance costs of Diesel vehicles tend to increase as the time passes and they are such that you can not ignore.

Diesel vehicles gets better and better in the long run such as engine becomes more responsive & smooth and also the milage will increase but diesel vehicle requires extra and special care which is not in case of petrol.   

While looking at petrol, you may want to look at Honda City. Far better value, more efficiency and a way better engine that Verna. There are also many offers going on and you would get free insurance, so at around 8.5 for EMT you will get a full featured sedan.

I would say buy a Honda City CE and fit your favourite alloys , HU and other accessories and it will be a classic petrol car (still cheaper than s varient) . Verna Petrol though has more power in paper but the engine is not as refined in the top end as the city engine.

For Diesel.

IMHO, Verna is all show and nothing more. It has bad ride & handling, less headroom at the rear, have my own doubts on its ACs & steering rattles, so I would suggest New Fiesta if you need a premium Sedan, if not buy the Sunny top end and save a few lakhs.

For Petrol- One Word - City.

I think you guys are right. You must take petrol Honda City. This will be worth for you. Like petrol price diesel prices will also take a hike. As in comparison between both petrol and diesel, petrol will be more affordable.

Keep in mind that the resale value of diesel cars is much better than petrol cars and more often than not this offsets the high purchase price of a diesel. So, even if you do 0km or don't take the car of out of the showroom after you buy it, when you sell it, the diesel will give a far better return on your investment than a petrol car