creativebala

scoop: Yamaha Ray - a Stylish scooter

Yamaha Ray, an Ultimate styling machine that would lock horns with Dios & Vespas is caught testing. This bike might hit the stands in sept( Yamaha usually launches bikes during this time).

thumb_d_yamaha-ray.jpg

59094d1339489603-yamaha-invest-rs-800-cr

The biggest ( + ) this bike has got over other good looking scooters is Telescopic Shox, which the other 2 lacks.creativebala2012-06-13 14:20:36

It is really awesome !!

The shocks will be the real difference from others as I was been thinking about this aspect as most of these scooters lack in comfort with small wheels as well shocks.

It is really tempting

Design wise, it looks pretty similar to Dio, which is also stunning. Twin shock absorbers effect needs to be seen, and also how the engine compares to the buttersmooth engine from the other two Japs namely Honda and Suzuki. Suzuki Access success has proved that if priced well, success is there to be had, and a chance exists to challenge Honda monopoly.

IMHO, there are only 2 scooters that appeal to youngs. That is Dio & Vespa. Vespa is too costly and Dio is too plasticy(acceptable to an extend) & 1947  front suspension.

I don't know why Honda keeps on dishing out scoots with same suspension. Believe me, the Honda's suspension ruins the party when it comes to sudden braking.

So if this Yamaha comes with all metal body, it will be THE PREFERRED choice for style conscious.

Slightly OT

Dio is too plasticy(acceptable to an extend)

I dont think you have seen the new Dio in its Matt Black Metallic avataar. Looks stunning, seems to have come out of the Batman set!

20120202110816__DSC7166.jpg

20120202110815__DSC7178.jpg

PyCVS.png

The big thing here is the engine. How efficient and smooth engine Yamaha comes up with will be important.

Also the two tone panel means highly unlikely it will be metal and would most probably be fiber like Honda Dio. Another thing that points towards a non metallic body is that this in Thailand is targeted towards fairer sex, which means light body.

OMG!

This Is going to be a huge hit in College-going Teens!

1st Yamaha brand has much more sporty apeal than Honda & Suzuki!

2nd if it came with Telescopic Suspension + Optional Disks + 125 & 150 cc version = It'll dominate the market!

Before 2 years, when I buyed My Mahindra Rodeo, I also tried sevral bikes including yamaha fz16, yamaha sz150 & pulasar 125!

at that time I got a pamplet from Yamaha, on which their global prduct range was printed & on it I spoted a T-Max, which is 530cc scooter with abs, dual disks & 15" aloy wheels, So, I asked the dealer about it & he told me that it's step down version Is under R&D & it'll hit our ground in 2-3 years! So, his words seems to become true!yamaha-tmax-2012-ff0e99ea35fd2e06e337226311f52b52.jpg

Does anyone remember Kinetic Blaze?

It was the entrepreneur of powerful & Male-oriented scooter!

with 165cc & 11.6 bhp, it was my dream vehicle, but unfortunately before I got my Driving Licence; It was discontinued!

I hope Mahindra Should relaunch it with some minor cosmetic & mechanical changes!kinetic-blaze.gif

^^^

Kinetic Blaze is a Bull. We prefer Scooter for its easy of drive, i.e, its lightweightness, automatic, small size( for flicking in city) and practicality( so that all our family members use). Blaze fails in most of these dept, its pricy, its low FE.

IMHO, the power of Activa is more than enough for scooters standard. They can't handle more. One unnoticed speed breaker will push the driver in hospital bed in high speed.

^^^

Kinetic Blaze is a Bull. We prefer Scooter for its easy of drive, i.e, its lightweightness, automatic, small size( for flicking in city) and practicality( so that all our family members use). Blaze fails in most of these dept, its pricy, its low FE.

IMHO, the power of Activa is more than enough for scooters standard. They can't handle more. One unnoticed speed breaker will push the driver in hospital bed in high speed.

You are not getting my pt.!

Blaze is ment to be ridden by College going teens like us, who have only Without-Gear 2 wheeler licence & are creazy for showing off & Speed! It's not for housewifes & old peoples! If they are using it, It's just like using Bugati Veyron for pulling heavy-trailer; just because It has same horse power as that of a TATA truck!

The launch is just days away ! Bookings already open . Most probably deepika padukone will be the brand ambassador . Meant for the fairer sex , yamaha will probably use the top down strategy in the scooter market too , with ray charging the premium .

post-2054-0-68206000-1347084182_thumb.jp

post-2054-0-46521600-1347084223_thumb.jp

As per my knowledge, it has 113 cc engine which churns out 8 bhps.

So guys don't expect much sproty performace from the baby scooter.

But i think it will a wise decision to plonk small motor as it will give good efficieny, critical parameter for scooter targetted at mass market. Also if it weighs less like Dio then performance will also be adequate.

With expected price of around 50k on raod Pune, it fairs very well in that criteria also.

Looks are good but Dio is more appealing and has more charm than this.

But afterall Yamaha+Telescopic Forks+Cheap Price Tag will make this equation very hot and irresistable. :wub:

More details :7.1PS at 7500rpm and 8.1Nm of torque. Torque should be excellent from the under square engine and the peak torque is at a low 5000rpm. The company claims a 0-60kmph time of 12s and a fuel efficiency of 62.1kmpl.