Sandy

All new logan will it be for india?

2014-Dacia-Logan-Sedan.jpg

The upcoming edition of the car was recently spotted testing and from what can be made out, the new car should be out by the end of 2013. It may be noted that the Renault Logan has been highly successful ever since it was launched in 2004. The car also sells under Renault’s budget brand Dacia’s banner. Also, the car has been sold to various manufacturers and is known as the Nissan Aprio, Renault Tondar and Mahindra Verito in many parts of the world.

Carrying over the USPs of the current Logan, the all new Logan should make for a good case study of affordable yet comfortable motoring. Safely expect the car to be roomier than the current model and have a new engine. Going by the spy pics, the new car seems to be wider than its rivals. It may be noted that Renault is fast getting aggressive in India and plans to soon launch the Duster SUV which will see it eating into the sales of popular rivals like the Mahindra Scorpio. While the current gen Logan has been sold to Mahindra & Mahindra, the new generation of the car might make it to our market and make life difficult for Tata Indigo series.(motoroids.com)

^^^

What 4.2L for next gen Logan? Any strong reason.

The current 1947 design car costs much coslier, how come its upgrade at much lower price tag.

IMHO, If designed well, this car is capable of fighting Nissan Sunny head on, but again Why take risk, Renault will bring Sunny and change its badge as Renault.

Ranult is just increasing the no. of products by badge-engineering & they think that it'll increase there marketshare; as market-leader Maruti-Suzuki is doing the same!

But, I'ld suggest them to go & watch movie 'Rocketsingh', which tells that, "sell उन्ही companies होती है, जो service देती है!"

So, my dear Ranult increase your dealer network 1st & then only launch new products!

New Logan (code: L52) is not coming to India. With Renault Scala, which s a rebadged Sunny, the saloon car niche is filled. Besides, Mahindra can't bring the L52 as the new gen Verito either. The agreement with Renault is for one model only - the old Logan.

Renault is doing the same thing which Ford usually does, overpricing their cars. If they continue doing this, I am sure they would never get a good sales figure from the Indian market.

They must bring in this new Logan and price it below Scala.

With the next gen Logan supposed to have the underpinnings of the Fluence, I highly doubt they will be able to undercut the Scala in terms of pricing and size.

With the Renault-Nissan alliance having tied down all price brackets from the Micra to the Scala, I doubt there would be any room infact for another sedan to fit it. If anything, it might be the Sandero that makes it here, which I am guessing will come badged a Renault, unless Mahindra also bought rights to the Hatch when they bought over the Logan.

The new Logan will apparently be a notchback, like the Hyundai Accent Viva and Skoda Octavia (or even the current-gen Honda City, Ford Fiesta and Hyundai Verna)- long, sloping rear window, short boot. No chance of that coming to India, if Mahindra can't get it here.